Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

need help with buying a Wii ( what all to get

I want to get my kids a console for christmas and put it away, along with about 10 games. my question is.... is this a plug in and play out of the box like all the other consoles, or do I have to buy special hook ups? what all do I need to get this console up and running for the kids. I want to start buying now so they have everything they need. rthank you ahead of time
    I also saw where it plays game cube games? we have a game cube. does it play all nintendo cartridges to? also do I need special remotes besides the ones that come with the console to play game cube?
    Any help would be so welcomed

I saw this and thought it might be a good controller... what games is it used for?

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Re: need help with buying a Wii ( what all to get

Your first challenge is going to find a Wii. They are still rather difficult to actually purchase from merchants.

Setting up is the same as other recent consoles. It's all A/V cables that plug into the TV. There is a sensor bar (included) that also needs to be placed above or below your TV.

A wireless internet network would be nice to have too, but is not need.

When you purchase a Wii Remote (primary controller) you should probably also get a Nunchuck (controller expansion). There is also the Classic Controller (what you pictured) to use with older games that can be downloaded onto the Wii.

The Wii supports Wii and GameCube discs. There is no means of using old Nintento cartridges. However, the Wii Virtual Console is a downloadable (for a couple of dollars each) library of select Nintendo Enertainment System, Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis, and Turbo Grafix 16 games. The GameCube games can be played with the GameCube controller (there are slots on the top of the Wii for GameCube controllers and memory cards) and older games can be played with either the Wii Remote, Classic Controller, or GameCube controller depending on the individual game.

• Minion

I say WAIT.

Christmas is a good little ways from now, and there have been rumors of a new Wii coming out. Even if it doesn't materialize, there may be a price drop/new Wii colors.

Everything is plug n play unless you have an HDTV.

• Banned User

thank you!! so I need internet for it ( to down load) hummmm I will need to know more on this, but I do see ebay has some awsome priced games! and cheap. I know its a long time away, but being a single mom and grandmother ( raising my grand kids) its tough at christmas tme getting all there wishes in. so I start the first of the year to get everything

• For You!

Karla - you are a good mommy. My kids would be so jealous.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuna Makarla View Post
    thank you!! so I need internet for it ( to down load) hummmm I will need to know more on this, but I do see ebay has some awsome priced games! and cheap. I know its a long time away, but being a single mom and grandmother ( raising my grand kids) its tough at christmas tme getting all there wishes in. so I start the first of the year to get everything
    Games are going to get cheaper. PS3 and 360 games have already started to become "greatest hits" titles that sell below the MSRP. Nintendo will most likely follow suit.

I'd wait till at least the summer.

You also don't need to download older games. Depending on how old your kids are, they may not enjoy the older games, and $10 a pop is a lot of money for something you may or may not like. If older games are the focus, than it would be better to just buy an older system since the games are dirt cheap at any EB games/Gamestop.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by BFJen View Post
    Karla - you are a good mommy. My kids would be so jealous.
    thank you hon, I do want them to have the fun stuff, but it takes a lot of planning in our house we have.... game boys.. nintendo ds...game cube.... nintendo 64... super nintendo , sega.... and now they want the wii. we have 3 tv's set up so each kid can play something, the wii maybe a bone of contention if all three can not play, but I am thinking they will all love to play something that is totally interactive. I love the fact they get excercize while playing ( golf and tennis)
    I know it will cost what about 300.00 ? but well worth it since the kids love that stuff. Its also a great motivator when there chosre and home work is not done, they rush to do it, and work hard to get chores done so they can have there hour or some times 2

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian View Post
    Games are going to get cheaper. PS3 and 360 games have already started to become "greatest hits" titles that sell below the MSRP. Nintendo will most likely follow suit.

I'd wait till at least the summer.

You also don't need to download older games. Depending on how old your kids are, they may not enjoy the older games, and $10 a pop is a lot of money for something you may or may not like. If older games are the focus, than it would be better to just buy an older system since the games are dirt cheap at any EB games/Gamestop.
    great advice. I will wait, just put money in my christmas savings fund thank you for the great advice. ( my kids are 12... 6 and soon to be 5) and the 6 year old is game genous. he masters the games for the rest and they then can go to any level

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuna Makarla View Post
    thank you hon, I do want them to have the fun stuff, but it takes a lot of planning in our house we have.... game boys.. nintendo ds...game cube.... nintendo 64... super nintendo , sega.... and now they want the wii. we have 3 tv's set up so each kid can play something, the wii maybe a bone of contention if all three can not play, but I am thinking they will all love to play something that is totally interactive. I love the fact they get excercize while playing ( golf and tennis)
    I know it will cost what about 300.00 ? but well worth it since the kids love that stuff. Its also a great motivator when there chosre and home work is not done, they rush to do it, and work hard to get chores done so they can have there hour or some times 2
    If you have all of those, there's no need to use the internet to download games on the Wii. The bare package + controllers should be fine.

• Banned User

my kids love the mario series, everything yoshi and mario. I am also wanting them to get some stuff like the tennis and the golf, and some that you acually interact with. if the kids are going to play the games, might as well get into it all the way I think it will be cool watching the play like they do on tv. I even might be playing that thing !
    wario world, super swing golf, these look like fun games. do I need to buy an extra memory card? does one come with the game ? do I need one?

• Minion

Eventually you'll need to buy extra memory (SD cards), but that won't be a concern for a while. The Wii has built in memory.

I'd wait to buy SD cards too. EVERYTHING in electronics is having price drops because technology is so accelerated.

• Banned User

this site was recomended by amazon.com. it has wii for 125.00 ..

http://www.halfmania.com/Browse/Product/?pid=5954&dmid=

• Minion

It's best to wait, especially since you're not planning on giving to them until Christmas, but if you feel the need, go for it.

• Banned User

no, your right. I will wait, I was just saying isn't 125.00 pretty cheap for a wii?

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

You could also go the route I went and buy a bundle. Got mine through Toys R' Us' website last month.

Just an FYI to you, must get these games: my faves are Rayman Ravin Rabbids and Wario Ware Smooth Moves. I played these and the other games I have at my best friends' house Saturday and it was so much fun (and these are with 24 year olds with alchohol).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast