Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Not slow but slowslow

They should make VMK open earlier...

Like one hour earlier because on weekends i get up at about nine EST and i want to get on. Or maybe one hour earlier just on weekends.
    Thanks Rosie for the signature

• ForEverLiveStrong

Re: They should make VMK open earlier...

there was a thread like this debating if VMK should open up earlier.... But i think the times for VMK are good
    If VMK were open all night ppl would be on all night. If VMK were open for two extra hours ppl would be on for two extra hours. you see where i am going with this. VMK is looking out for kids saftey and and SLEEP
    So yeah i think VMK hours are fine
    TTYL

___ HOST_ForEverLiveStrong

_______ JK LOL

• Not slow but slowslow

I only meant like an hour earlier so it's 9:00 instead of 10:00 i dont mean instead of 1:00 it's a 2:00 i mean in the morning. And a lot of kids are awake by then anyway so it doesn't make them sleep more. And yes i do know that they close it when it can't be monitored but the staff can get on earlier.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Remember, that even though it opens 10 am EST for us, it is 7 am PST where the game is based, in California, which would be too early to open an hour earlier.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• q:-)

I myself think the hours are just fine as they are. Actually, vmk opens "too early" for me. But it's good that they don't close too late. Sleep is good.

• I embrace my insanity.

VMK times are based on Disneyland times, which is in California, as most may know. Like yoyo said, it starts at 7 AM PST there, and it ends at 10 PM EST. I believe the reason for this is because the staff are on call the entire time, and can't be working 24/7!

The only reason this might not be true is because they could have shifts.

• Banned User

if VMK were open longer, they would need more funding. paying for a staff to operate it is not cheap and they rely on advertisements from different divisions of the Disney company to operate. I still don't know where they found the money to stay open past midnight on new years eve. however, if they were always opening earlier on the weekend, it would be a lot of money spent for minimal activity. it doesn't get busy until the afternoon.

• String Theory q:

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986 View Post
    if VMK were open longer, they would need more funding. paying for a staff to operate it is not cheap and they rely on advertisements from different divisions of the Disney company to operate. I still don't know where they found the money to stay open past midnight on new years eve. however, if they were always opening earlier on the weekend, it would be a lot of money spent for minimal activity. it doesn't get busy until the afternoon.
    That's right! It runs alot to run VMK and other sites! I myself think that they are doing a great job. Thanks so much VMK!

Thanks to Mihawk, Piinoy, cyre, Midien, dance, uhm.. and alot of people!

• Banned User

I wish they'd close alot later here in California. 10pm is too early for us college students with jobs.

• Jambo!

Quote Originally Posted by EagleWings View Post
    I wish they'd close alot later here in California. 10pm is too early for us college students with jobs.
    Problem solved... move to the East Coast, then its open until 1am

• Senior Minion

I personally like that it doesn't up earlier than seven. I've never been on at that time but have been up way later. I think a later closing time would be better than earlier opening. Or both by a few or one hour.

• Not slow but slowslow

I know it costs money but a lot of people (like me) get up on weekends and want to play it maybe they could do that thing that they did with kellogs (spelled wrong i think) and put codes in and get some extra money but do that very often and maybe the code could be for something like either something u can buy but is 2000 credits. or maybe just gets you credits or some new magic. Then they can also sponsor some other things in disney world and on commercials and they should have enough money by then if they do it often to extend it.

I am iffy on this do NOT post a response saying "oh that won't work because it just won't work" or "Disney is too dumb to figure that out" or "Then everyone would have too many items" or "Who cares" or "SLEEP" or "wha wha wha" or "i dont understand" or "if i were disney i would throw a pie in my face" or "i love someone" or "Lemons are good" or "jaljdlgjsadfl" or "meow" or "ruff" or "cows can fly" or "WTF" or "everybody thinks my mommy's hot" well im getting a little off topic but u get the point

• Banned User

Remember, VMK opens in the time frame due to money, and rules. if the open earlier they will need more staff, at this point in time they don't have a need for more staff unless they remain open later / open earlier.

if they open later east coast kids wont get to sleep, if they open earlier west coast kids wont get sleep...

also, the game was created for tweens / teens, and not college kids, we just get to play the game when we have time.

• Smile, It's Free!

It wasnt made for us europeans either. Opens at 3pm

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986 View Post
    Remember, VMK opens in the time frame due to money, and rules. if the open earlier they will need more staff, at this point in time they don't have a need for more staff unless they remain open later / open earlier.

if they open later east coast kids wont get to sleep, if they open earlier west coast kids wont get sleep...

also, the game was created for tweens / teens, and not college kids, we just get to play the game when we have time.
    So teens/tweens stay up til 1am on the East Coast but not on the Pacific Coast? Hmm.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast