• Banned User

Exclamation Dissappointed in VMK theming

Is anyone else tired of all of the host games giving out the same pin as a prize even if the theming doesn't relate?

Like this month is their huge recycle month or whatever yet I haven't seen anything themed to it like a pin or anything. I go to a host room about recycling and get a giraffe pin? Wtf?

And the Club 33 pin, what regular player doesn't own about 20 of those now since it was the only prize the last month or so?

And the race day pins, how come every Sunday is a race-themed host room and those were only given out like once?

• Yes?

Re: Dissappointed in VMK theming

I feel your pain....but, I could have sworn I read something about 2 more chances this month to get that racing pin again...checking calendar...yeah Sunday March 11 and Sunday March 25.
    Quote Originally Posted by larasound View Post
    am I the burrito man?

• Just_Jim in VMK

Quote Originally Posted by EagleWings View Post
    Is anyone else tired of all of the host games giving out the same pin as a prize even if the theming doesn't relate?

Like this month is their huge recycle month or whatever yet I haven't seen anything themed to it like a pin or anything. I go to a host room about recycling and get a giraffe pin? Wtf?

And the Club 33 pin, what regular player doesn't own about 20 of those now since it was the only prize the last month or so?

And the race day pins, how come every Sunday is a race-themed host room and those were only given out like once?

Yeah the Racing Pin rooms are on the Event Info as only being twice this month.
    http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...734&styleid=-1
    --Just_Jim

• Banned User

Yeah but I'm just saying, if you're gonna do race-themed quest the always have a race pin as the prize..

Very interesting. I was just complaining to a friend about this exact problem. Before I detail my complaints on this topic, I just want to mention that I am not trying to be ungrateful. I really enjoy the new items and lands that VMK has released over the last few months. However, it just seems to me that VMK puts very little effort or forethought into its monthly themes. The last truly coherent theme I remember was Tron month. Since that point, VMK has repeatedly had either incomplete, non-existent, or multiple themes. For example, in December VMK could not make up its mind whether it was going to be Football Month or some type of holiday month. The games were randomly changed to reflect either theme, including the awarding of several different prizes. When I say "changed the games," I mean changed the name of the exact same games they have been running since last summer, but with a few different furniture items.
    I know that the lines involved with the host games limit what they can do for games, but I just don't see much of a coherent theme.
    I would prefer to see much more of a connection between the weekend specials and the monthly theme. In this regard, I want to refer to January and February. At this point, I am still not sure what the theme for January was. The weekend items were the hotel pins, but the games gave football items as well as the host pin. February brought a New Orleans theme, with pins and new Mardi Gras hats. I understand that Mardi Gras is in February, but I think most people would agree that February has a much stronger connection with Valentine's Day. Wouldn't it have made more sense to have January have the coherent theme of New Orleans, since the land was launched that month? Everyone was excited about the new land in January. Why not capitalize on that excitement and roll it into the theme? The Mardi Gras items would have been out in time for Mardi Gras, and February would have been available for the much more obvious Valentine's theme.
    I don't have a real problem with the current theme, but feel that the items being distibuted don't have too much of a connection with the theme. Can it really take that much effort to design a pin set related to conservation? It just seems to me that VMK kind of half-heartedly throws together a theme idea and changes the host game names to reflect it. All of the themes and events have a decidedly uninspired, last-minute feel to them. Additionally, VMK constantly designs events and times that almost inspire overloading specific games and areas, resulting in lag and game shut-downs. Was anybody really surprised when February Fun Days made Haunted Mansion and Fireworks not work properly? How about the game shutting down almost every Sunday morning due to the quest funneling everyone into a single public room or game? Lines for host games that pass 900 people? Wouldn't it make more sense to schedule events to overlap? Have an actual host game on Sunday mornings that pulls people away from the rooms that are involved in the quest. Double the credits for certain games for the entire month, or even a week so that not everyone feels such pressure to play it on that one day, overloading the system. Alternatively, schedule the double credits only during the host games and make the VMK Pass not work with the minigames. This forces people to choose one of the other and will almost certainly evenly distribute the crowds. This is the type of thing Disney does superbly in its parks. Manipulating crowds and distributing people among rides, shows, restaurants and even parades. I know that VMK is a relatively new game and they are still learning, but these are problems that have existed since very early in the game and do not seem to get addressed. To me, this is an indication that Disney does not have nearly enough direct control over what goes on in VMK.
    Just my two cents. And to re-iterate, I really enjoy VMK, appreciate all the changes they make to give us a better experience, but there are many issues that just seem to get ignored.

• Yes?

Yeah but I'm just saying, if you're gonna do race-themed quest the always have a race pin as the prize..
    Oh yeah, I agree here. I do remember though that the car quest that was slated for the day of the Daytona 500 never happened because vmk crashed for most of the day. And then the Cars quest from last week wasn't the pin either which I thought was strange. Makes you wonder...
    Quote Originally Posted by larasound View Post
    am I the burrito man?

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by evilqueenrocks View Post
    I feel your pain....but, I could have sworn I read something about 2 more chances this month to get that racing pin again...checking calendar...yeah Sunday March 11 and Sunday March 25.
    March 11th I'll be on an airplane to NY and yoyo will be on his way to get me.. so we'll probably miss that one too.

• Sock Puppet

amen.
    i had like 100 club33 pins so i've started giving them away as "extreme rare" in my cute or boot games and usly the ppl are all new and stupid and are like OMG THANK YOU SO SO SO MUCH
    don't get me wrong i add something witrh them tho lol.
    but as for the giraffe pin, i get that because sure its about recycling but this mounth is also about the enviorment, which last time i checked that animals had a lot to do with.

"March 11th I'll be on an airplane to NY and yoyo will be on his way to get me.. so we'll probably miss that one too. "
    i'll try to get u one piglet

• Woot!

Quote Originally Posted by miss.pepsi.queen View Post
    amen.
    i had like 100 club33 pins so i've started giving them away as "extreme rare" in my cute or boot games and usly the ppl are all new and stupid and are like OMG THANK YOU SO SO SO MUCH
    don't get me wrong i add something witrh them tho lol.
    but as for the giraffe pin, i get that because sure its about recycling but this mounth is also about the enviorment, which last time i checked that animals had a lot to do with.

"March 11th I'll be on an airplane to NY and yoyo will be on his way to get me.. so we'll probably miss that one too. "
    i'll try to get u one piglet
    oh is that why you were in a cute or boot room i sent you a message asking why and i though you said because it is easy to get free rare. but i think you said easy to give free rare out lol
    *Thecoolestaw*