Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Banned User

Boys Meet Boys? Girls Meet Girls?

Tonight, i was on vmk, and the most popular room was Boys who like boys!I cannot believe that people put those places on there! It does not set a good example to the kids.
    Last edited by stitchon; 03-10-2007 at 09:51 PM.

Re: Boys Meet Boys? Girls Meet Girls?

Well, there's nothing wrong with being gay, but I don't think it's right for people to put that topic on VMK. They are not setting good examples for little kids.

There are quite a few of these rooms and they are all full. Even Ranch, the great quest owner, made 1. I would not like to know what goes on in any of those rooms.

I saw them too. I agree with friend. It doesn't set a good example for little kids.

• String Theory q:

Quote Originally Posted by xoxdanielle5xo View Post
    I saw them too. I agree with friend. It doesn't set a good example for little kids.
    Yup! I saw my friend go in there and by that time the line was long. It sets VERY bad examples like taken, bay be, and animal.

Thanks to Mihawk, Piinoy, cyre, Midien, dance, uhm.. and alot of people!

I have never been in any of these rooms, so I don't know what goes on inside of them. If it is some type of inappropriate romantic activity that is not G rated, then I agree that the rooms are inappropriate and a bad example. However, I also think that similar rooms that are boys meet girls and girls meet boys are inappropriate if the same activities are going on. In short, it is the inappropriate activities that are the problem, not the gender of the two digital people that are engaging in the activities.
    I would also like to point out that is is entirely possible that these rooms are completely innocent, perhaps no different than a treehouse with a "No Girls Allowed" sign. Many younger children prefer to associate with members of their own gender until they get over the concept of "cooties." Until you know for sure what is going on in these rooms, it is silly and irresponsible to say that the rooms violate the VMK values and should be banned.
    Last edited by grayman; 03-10-2007 at 10:21 PM.

• String Theory q:

Quote Originally Posted by grayman View Post
    I have never been in any of these rooms, so I don't know what goes on inside of them. If it is some type of inappropriate romantic activity that is not G rated, then I agree that the rooms are inappropriate and a bad example. However, I also think that such rooms that are boys meet girls and girls meet boys are inappropriate if the same activities are going on. In short, it is the inappropriate activities that are the problem, not the gender of the two digital people that are engaging in the activities.
    I would also like to point out that is is entirely possible that these rooms are completely innocent, perhaps no different than a treehouse with a "No Girls Allowed" sign. Many younger children prefer to associate with members of their own gender until they get over the concept of "cooties." Until you know for sure what is going on in these rooms, it is silly and irresponsible to say that the rooms violate the VMK values and should be banned.
    You're right! I remember in elementary school where, the girls hanged out with the girls and the boys hanged out with the boys. I just cannot handle another thing like taken, bay be, and animal. Even one of those things are enough for me! Others might understand taken, but I really don't.

I have seen my former friend do taken with a boy in her room. I was just going to say "hi, friend! Lets trade", because I was trading my pink nemo chairs for ice cubes. However, I never got to trade because I was booted by her as they were "make" out. She sent me a message that I was a bad friend and then deleted me. ( it hasn't been my first time seeing it, because it happens in the weirdest places...)

• myleadguitargirl from VMK

O_o I saw the same thing on the popular guest room list I was all like OMG! and, yes I agree it's not good for little kids to see that or do that.

• CyberneticMonkey

Wink Re: Boys Meet Boys? Girls Meet Girls?

Well hey I just got off of VMK tonight, and was very well involved in this situation, explaining to everyone all the news and events that had occured tonight. Its very intense, and I'm leaning towards the side of "Why would people do that?" side. I mean really.. it is Disney World we are dealing with, why would some people decide to make rooms such as these "Gray" rooms for? Just to make a point? Also, to clear that "Cootie" topic grayman was talking about, I had a friend message me from that "Boys who like Boys" Room: Saying that there were members of VMK who were sadly defacing themselves, doing very innapropriate things to each other. That room was then attacked by VMK staff hoping to close the room because of this; But then a "Fight" occured because the owner claimed to have made the room because of this "Cooties" topic of how these boys don't want to be near girls kinda thing - and VMK staff were everywhere and chairs were virtually being thrown; which is not what VMK is all about. Also, I assume VMK will create a topic on their Newsletter or FAQ's or VMK Alert Sections of their homepage adressing these issues. Also, I quickly entered Yavn's Teleporter Room after noticing these "Gray" rooms (code for Gay Rooms.. on VMK) After noticing that lots of my friends were there - and Yavn did enter eventually and said that there is nothing to talk about at this time - which is understandable. So tonight as a whole was very Chaotic! As you all should note, and I'm sure there are ways to take away this chaos, one way or another. And everyone who cares anything about VMK (which I'm sure and hope that all of you reading this do), would agree that VMK ROCKS!! AND that not only is VMK for teens and above, but it is for children, and if we work together with the VMK Staff, we can put an end to this non-sensible chaos that really shouldn't have been brought up. What has gotten into these peoples heads? I'm not sure, and these people shouldn't be aloud to change the way VMK is run this easily; also VMK_Fusion notes that:
    http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y14...SavetoFile.jpg
    http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y14...vetoFile22.jpg
    http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y14...avetoFile2.jpg
    http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y14...terRoomLol.jpg

OK well I know everything will turn out for the better, and guys, please don't worry too much about this; it will all end up better, I'm sure. Thanks for putting up with all this Shananagans, I'm done, Good Night

CyberneticMonkey

• String Theory q:

Im glad that you are on Monkey! Thanks for sharing your story with us and about VMK staff. Oh and VMK Rocks!

• ForEverLiveStrong

Thumbs down Boys meet Boys Room? EWW!

I was on like saturday night March 10 when i saw this room wit a line of like 109 or something. I went in one boy meet boys room to say "This is disgusting and gross!" But after that i got booted lol. I was like whoa!so immediatle when i saw a family values room i got in it to support family values.
    I am for Family values man/woman together. I don't know what VMK is coming to. The supposed "Gray ppl" Say they are taking over VMK yeah mhmmm whatever.
    So what are your thoughts on this?

TTYL
    ForEverLiveStrong

___ HOST_ForEverLiveStrong

_______ JK LOL

• Purple Crates ♥

Re: Boys meet Boys Room? EWW!

read the post that is already out about this -_-

Edit: Oops merged post!

New thought: If you don't like it, then stay away. I saw that room, it said in the description basically if you don't like it, then DON'T COME. Why would you waste your time going in and saying anything?
    Last edited by cyre; 03-11-2007 at 06:20 AM.

• Goodbye VMK.

It's really okay. i dont understand what's wrong with this, if you can have a boys meet girls, why can't we have the oppisite? I dont get why ANY of it is 'bad for little kids' guess what? it's not and there is nothing wrong with taken unless you take it too far. You guys are alot older, and yes it would be bad if you started to do taken. I don't do taken in vmk, unless that's my boyfriend in real life, and we just talk. what's the point of going out with someone if your making out online...? . So if you think this is wrong, you should really think, because thats offensive to alot of people, who really are gay. i know a few gay people, and i think it's really rude for you to say that.
    and so, the princess must leave her kingdom on May 21st, 2008. </3

• Paint the Roses Red

As for taken overall, I disagree with it and I feel it shouldn't be allowed. However, I do not see how a "Boys Meet Boys Room" or a "Girls Meet Girls Room" is any worse than a "Boys Meet Girls Room". What CyberneticMonkey said happened, though, does make it worse than your average 'taken' room... Only due to their actions, not due to their gender or sexuality. I also agree with Cyre. If you don't like it, don't even go in; you would only be contributing to the problem, if you went in there to just insult them.

Well, that is just my two cents.

I went in one boy meet boys room to say "This is disgusting and gross!" But after that i got booted lol. I was like whoa!so immediatle when i saw a family values room i got in it to support family values.
    I am for Family values man/woman together. I don't know what VMK is coming to. The supposed "Gray ppl" Say they are taking over VMK yeah mhmmm whatever.
    So what are your thoughts on this?
    Here are my thoughts. Children should not be exposed to interactive content that is sexual in nature, whether it be gay or straight -- if that's what is going on.
    That said, posting that you went into the room just to tell everyone it's disgusting, then went into a "family values" room to support your views is discriminating because you are condemning a group of people over another. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, and I think it's okay to express them, but not necessarily at VMK. To me, "family values" does not include only "male/female." It should be about loving, nurturing support for the family, regardless of gender or sexual identity.
    If the "family values" room is there to advocate "man/woman together" and excludes other types of familes, such as gay and lesbian families, then that is discriminatory and prejudicial.

• Paint the Roses Red

Quote Originally Posted by MagicKingdomBoy View Post
    Here are my thoughts. Children should not be exposed to interactive content that is sexual in nature, whether it be gay or straight -- if that's what is going on.
    That said, posting that you went into the room just to tell everyone it's disgusting, then went into a "family values" room to support your views is discriminating because you are condemning a group of people over another. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, and I think it's okay to express them, but not necessarily at VMK. To me, "family values" does not include only "male/female." It should be about loving, nurturing support for the family, regardless of gender or sexual identity.
    If the "family values" room is there to advocate "man/woman together" and excludes other types of familes, such as gay and lesbian families, then that is discriminatory and prejudicial.
    I really see no reason to add to or further this, seeing as how you covered my opinion perfectly... I will simply say that I agree wholeheartedly.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast