Thread: Toy Story Mania

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Toy Story Mania

Well. I am working on my new ride which will be Toy Story Mania. I am using the haunted house cars. It's not going to be anything like the DCA version. This will be more as being shrunken down to toy size and is now apart of the games.

All I need from you guys is some themeing for some rooms, if you guys are willing to help me out.

Here are some Pictures:

I tried recreating the same track as the blueprints on the WDW forums:

The front of the building is going to be game boards I started off simple with a Chess board which is in the background:

an Over Head View of the attraction:

I placed colored rooms if you can see them. Just tell me what color should be themed as what:

Well this is all I have for now. I hope you guys enjoy the pictures so far!
    Last edited by Kritter; 03-25-2007 at 01:22 AM. Reason: update on ride.

• Still lost in Neverland

Re: Toy Story Mania

Why does that one track just stop and not go anywhere at either end. Are you going to do the second floor? Because I think the real ride will have two floors to double the capacity. Same thing on each floor, but every other car goes up and the next on stays on the 1st floor then it repeats for every other car going up. I think. I don't know what to say about theming stuff in the ride. There are no toys in the game but I guess the chess pieces and candy stuff could be used. And the big insects as well, but not the scary ones. Yellow could be Woody's Area and Blue could be Buzz's area. I don't know how many areas you are planning, but you could have a red one for Mr. Potato Head, and a green one for the stupid dinosaur. I know there was a Bo Peep doll and a slinky dog, but maybe these minor characters could all be in one room.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

I just made two tracks one that the cars actually ride on and another just to make it look like it changes tracks. I don't know how to make the tracks go on top of each other and to make them alternate tracks. I'm not that special lol

• Still lost in Neverland

You build the track as normal until you want it to go up. You have to watch the "Ghost" image if the next track piece and look at the icons on the control panel that is there in front of you as you are building the ride. See the arrow pointing up with a slanted up line under it. Click on that and the "Ghost Image" will go move up in degrees of steepness Click again to make the track. Go up a about two or three track pieces and then choose the arrow that is pointing flat ahead, click on it to do it and then continue placing your track pieces on the upper level, the computer will automatically take care of the supports, then when you are at the right point choose the down arrow and click on it until the track is at ground level and then continue with the flat arrow to the station. It's really easy.

The hard part is hiding the upper track with ceiling tiles and then roofing the ride. But there is a trick to that as well that I just learned. Place your first ceiling piece and press the shift key to raise it to a point just under the upper track and click the mouse. Then press and hold CTL and the next piece will raise to the level of that first piece. Continue to hold down the CTL key and move the mouse and each piece will fall into place. Do the same thing for the final roof as well. You can put the second floor in after all the first floor stuff (Including what I mention below) because any scenery on the second floor will have to be "lifted" into place with the Shift Key, pressing and holding the mouse button and lifting the piece up and placing in manually on the second floor. It will take some time, but it's worth it for a cool looking ride.

DO NOT place the second floor or roof until all you scenery has been added and a mechanic has been "Assigned" to that ride. Maybe a janitor as well for sweeping the long queue line. Don't forget light, benches and trash cans on the queue line to keep it clean. Nothing like making a movie with trash all over the queue line. Bad Show.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples