• I was deleted.

Movies on Portable Gaming Consoles?

After reading this news article I got to thinking. Since I have a GBA SP and not a PSP I was wondering somethings about the movies. Do you like the idea? Do you have one? Are the movies worth your money and/or time? How is the quality?

• 1000th Guest!!!

Second star from the left and on to dusk.
    I have both systems, actually I have all the hand held systems. Man, am I a pack rat.
    The UMD movies for the PSP are really nice. But they are way over priced. The same as a DVD, without the extras.
    As for the DS, there are some adaptors in Japan which allow for movies to be played on the GBA, and DS, but you have to convert the movies first and then copy them over on to a MMC card. I really don't like the quality of the videos on the GBA game carts.
    At least the PSP is near DVD quality, 16x9 wide screen.
    But still its an expensive way to watch movies on the go.
    This line left blank in good taste.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Savik101
    I have both systems, actually I have all the hand held systems. Man, am I a pack rat.
    The UMD movies for the PSP are really nice. But they are way over priced. The same as a DVD, without the extras.
    As for the DS, there are some adaptors in Japan which allow for movies to be played on the GBA, and DS, but you have to convert the movies first and then copy them over on to a MMC card. I really don't like the quality of the videos on the GBA game carts.
    I have both also, but I never bought any for my Gameboy system. I own Spider-Man 2 on UMD for my PSP (came with the bundle), but the movies are a bit too expensive to justify a purchase....

But the cool thing about the PSP is that you can put your OWN movies on it (provided you have a big enough memory stick). I have nearly all of the Walt Disney Treasures ready to be put on my PSP, and as soon as I get my 1GB Memory Stick Duo, I will be watching my treasures on my PSP.

There are a lot of sites that give you tutorials on how to do it, and it's very simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Savik101
    actualy there's already an adaptor in america that lets you put videos (or music or Ebooks even) of any kind that you want on the GBA/DS it's just up to you to edit it to the right format (it comes with software)

so just like the PSP your only limited to the size of the memory card

of course I know that your talking about Nintendo's official firstparty tool the Play Yan which allows for movies and music also and is not yet out in the US (nintendo's debating it probably because of how whiny Hollywood is about people manipulating their media though there was a court case years ago that already established that we do have that right )