NES - Adventures in the Magic Kingdom Video

A while back there was a thread that discussed several MiceChatters' favorite 8-bit Nintendo games. I was surprised when no one mentioned "Adventures in the Magic Kingdom" seeing that this is a Disney site. While it wasn't my favorite game, it was definitely memorable if you knew the parks.

Well, I was browsing YouTube tonight and found some videos relating to the game. Here are two links that will walk you through what this game exactly was. In my opinion, it was an ambitious game that was just too darn hard.

If you don't mind a lot of swearing, but want to laugh and see how challenging this game was, look on the related videos section and find the video labeled "Games That Suck - Adventures in the Magic Kingdom." This video is not for kids or people who are put off by unnecessary foulness. Also, it's a little mean to Mickey and Disney. But, it does have it's funny moments if you remember the struggles of the game.

Here are the two links to the clean runthroughs of the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86Tq1...related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GrH-bLSSws
    Last edited by DizneeProfitEar; 03-30-2007 at 07:51 PM.
    "You’re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up anyway."
    - Walt Disney

Re: NES - Adventures in the Magic Kingdom Video

I own that game and I'm sorry but it is horrible lol the greatest Disney games before Kingdom Hearts were Duck Tales and some Mickey game made by the creator of God of War. Duck Tales was NES and other consoles, the Mickey one was Sega Genesis.

• white and nerdy

yeah... that game was nearly un-playable.

I'd like a next-gen version of it today... on the PS3 of course. ;P
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow

I really liked that game and found it to be very playable. I hope it comes on the Wii Virtual Console, but somehow I doubt it will.
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

I would rather have a next generation version of Walt Disney World: Magical Racing Tour. That was a great Playstation game.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

I had that game, and found it too easy. Granted, it was still a Disney game, but Ducktales had it beaten solidly. I hope that both eventually make it to the wii.

Quote Originally Posted by PinBrian View Post
    I had that game, and found it too easy. Granted, it was still a Disney game, but Ducktales had it beaten solidly. I hope that both eventually make it to the wii.
    The problem with having Adventures in the Magic Kingdom on the Virtual Console is licenseing. Sure, Capcom can put their games on the Virtual console but they need the Disney license in order to put this game and Duck Tales on there. I was kind of hoping that Hudsonsoft would put their Darkwing Duck and Tales games on Virtual console.

• careful...i'm contagous!

in the paradise city. were the grass is green & the girls are pretty

this game reminds me of the universal game for the cube
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

• Koubu Pilot

There was an "Adventures in the Magic Kingdom" thread on Micechat a long time ago, but it was originally posted in the Disneyland section before being relocated. I remember that game. I have it saved on my computer.

Pre-Kingdom Hearts, one of the best Disney games was definitley Ducktales. I also like Chip & Dale's Rescue Rangers. It was a 2P game.

In the modern age, Kingdom Hearts is one of the best. DDR: Disney Mix is also a lot of fun and the background animation of the characters fills the screen and is bright and colorful. I also liked the AVEX versions of the Disney songs.

Does anyone remember some SNES games starring Mickey Mouse? The Magical Quest was a very good platform game that had Mickey using different costumes to overcome enemies and obstacles (like the wizard costume). There was another one called Mickey Mania that featured top notch animation that took us through some of Mickey's greatest adventures (like the colorizing Steamboat Willie stage and the Prince and the Pauper).

***I had to come back and edit like 5 min later***

I found online a game called 『ミキーの東京ディズニーランドだいぼうけん』 (Mickey no Tokyo Disneyland Daibouken) for the Super Famicom (Japan's SNES).

The game starts out with Mickey unable to find his friends. Minnie comes up and tells Mickey that Pete's up to his old tricks (adding "wa" to the end of her sentences is so feminine, it only makes Minnie more adorable). So Mickey must go through the park to find his pals. I just started playing it and it seems the first section of park I must go through is アドベンチャーランド(Adventureland) and the attraction I must go through is カルブの海賊(Pirates of the Caribbean). I can toss water balloons at the enemies (in this case, bats and pirates) and I can inflate balloons with gas and float upwards. I think this will be a fun game.

If anyone wants to know where to find this game, PM me and I'll get back to you as soon as I can with a link for you.
    Last edited by Koutesu; 04-02-2007 at 12:15 AM. Reason: an interesting development occured

I think that Japan has a Tokyo Disneyseas game as well for the PS2 by Konami, I believe. Has anyone seen that?

• Fastpass Hater

Thanks for the link to the Nintendo site. Total awesomeness! Now I can give up on those annoying Emulator programs!
    "You’re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up anyway."
    - Walt Disney

• Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Koutesu View Post
    I found online a game called 『ミキーの東京ディズニーランドだいぼうけん』 (Mickey no Tokyo Disneyland Daibouken) for the Super Famicom (Japan's SNES).

The game starts out with Mickey unable to find his friends. Minnie comes up and tells Mickey that Pete's up to his old tricks (adding "wa" to the end of her sentences is so feminine, it only makes Minnie more adorable). So Mickey must go through the park to find his pals. I just started playing it and it seems the first section of park I must go through is アドベンチャーランド(Adventureland) and the attraction I must go through is カルブの海賊(Pirates of the Caribbean). I can toss water balloons at the enemies (in this case, bats and pirates) and I can inflate balloons with gas and float upwards. I think this will be a fun game.

If anyone wants to know where to find this game, PM me and I'll get back to you as soon as I can with a link for you.

That was a nice game...

Best park game, though, was Magical Racing Tour. I loved that game.
    -Tim

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

I remember Tale Spin for the original Nintendo. That was a fun game.