• white and nerdy

GTA IV announced for Wii!!!

Here's the trailer.

http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=53317

It's suppose to have unique content exclusive to the Wii, and have the ability to play as your Mii. Sounds awesome!!!
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: GTA IV announced for Wii!!!

It was uploaded today, I'll bet 50 bucks its not coming.

• DCA lover

Sounds a bit fishy to me. AFIK, Nintendo is pretty tight with their Mii development information, and I doubt they would want those images associated with that game. GTA 4 eh? I guess people are not yet bored of stealing cars and shooting hookers... :-/
    meh.
    ETA, why does the trailer look so crappy?

• white and nerdy

It's a joke. Those images are from GTA: Vice City.

Hippie: you seem to have strong feelings against a game you obviously haven't played.

Oh, and Rockstar is releasing their most disturbing game (one of the most disturbing and violent games ever) on the Wii: Manhunt.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• DCA lover

*rolls eyes* "meh" is "strong feelings" to you? Wow, touchy! FWIW, I have played GTA 3 before. It was ok, I liked the radio :-) It must have been a long time ago because the graphics in the video seemed worse than the "original" game I remember.
    As far as the Nintendo/Wii comments are concerned, that has nothing to do with my opinion of the game, rather prediction based on Nintendo's past actions and policy.

• white and nerdy

Quote Originally Posted by Hippie View Post
    *rolls eyes* "meh" is "strong feelings" to you? Wow, touchy! FWIW, I have played GTA 3 before. It was ok, I liked the radio :-) It must have been a long time ago because the graphics in the video seemed worse than the "original" game I remember.
    As far as the Nintendo/Wii comments are concerned, that has nothing to do with my opinion of the game, rather prediction based on Nintendo's past actions and policy.
    I mean that every time GTA is brought up you love to decry it.

What do you mean by this:
    I doubt they would want those images associated with that game.
    Do you mean GTA as a game or those graphics because they are low quality, cuz like I said Manhunt 2 IS coming to the Wii and, while the graphics won't be anything like GTA, the graphic nature of the game is way beyond anything GTA has ever done.

If someone uses them, Nintendo will have violent disturbing games. For example: Resident Evil.

• DCA lover

Quote Originally Posted by thejoshualee View Post
    I mean that every time GTA is brought up you love to decry it.

What do you mean by this: Do you mean GTA as a game or those graphics because they are low quality, cuz like I said Manhunt 2 IS coming to the Wii and, while the graphics won't be anything like GTA, the graphic nature of the game is way beyond anything GTA has ever done.

If someone uses them, Nintendo will have violent disturbing games. For example: Resident Evil.
    Every time? What, 2? First time, several GTA games made "top game sellers of all time". My problem was that there were several of them on the short list when there are so many other good games out there. Even though I'm not a huge fan of the series, I would have no problem with one, maybe even 2 of them making the list, but the fact that there were so many of them on there (more than series like Mario, Sonic, Zelda, etc.). Obviously people have spoken with their $$.

As far as the graphics I was referring to, I mean the Miis themselves. Nintendo has been very tight about letting developers use the Miis. In fact AFAIK, the Sims game that was rumored/being worked on, I don't think they are using Miis either. Nintendo has been more lax allowing gore on it's systems, but I would be surprised if they would let Rockstar have access to the Miis in such a violent game.

My main problem with these games is not the games themselves, but the fact that they are so wildly popular, (and I don't want to get into the "violence in video games" debate, I am undecided in that issue) but it kinda speaks to me about society these days. Especially when so many people decry non-violent games as "kiddy". I think it's sad.

• white and nerdy

Every time? What, 2? First time, several GTA games made "top game sellers of all time". My problem was that there were several of them on the short list when there are so many other good games out there. Even though I'm not a huge fan of the series, I would have no problem with one, maybe even 2 of them making the list, but the fact that there were so many of them on there (more than series like Mario, Sonic, Zelda, etc.). Obviously people have spoken with their $$.

As far as the graphics I was referring to, I mean the Miis themselves. Nintendo has been very tight about letting developers use the Miis. In fact AFAIK, the Sims game that was rumored/being worked on, I don't think they are using Miis either. Nintendo has been more lax allowing gore on it's systems, but I would be surprised if they would let Rockstar have access to the Miis in such a violent game.

My main problem with these games is not the games themselves, but the fact that they are so wildly popular, (and I don't want to get into the "violence in video games" debate, I am undecided in that issue) but it kinda speaks to me about society these days. Especially when so many people decry non-violent games as "kiddy". I think it's sad.
    Ahhh... okay. chalk this up to miscommunication. Sorry if I jumped to conclusion.

Just another stupid joke brought to you by your friendly neighborhood thejoshualee.

I also hate it when people assume a non-violent game is only for little kids.

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

No kidding? I guess i need to practice my backhands for all the hos I'll be smacking in GTA 4

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by thejoshualee View Post
    It's a joke. Those images are from GTA: Vice City.
    lol, I thought that was kind of obvious...

The GTA series is one of the most critically acclaimed series in recent times. GTA III invented a new genre. GTA Vice City delivered a level of story telling that was clearly unmatched. GTA San Andreas is still one of the BIGGEST games on any platform...

Hence the obviousness of the joke.

Violence has been around forever. It's not unique to modern times contrary to popular belief. Study after study has shown that violence in videogames does not create violent children/people. I grew up playing Mortal Kombat and other games that the media decried as harmful, and I've yet to commit a murder, and I've only been in one fight in my life. I didn't even use an uppercut!

Look throughout society, violence has always been here, and it always will. We're still far away from being the lowest point of American society, violence wise anyway.

• DCA lover

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    No kidding? I guess i need to practice my backhands for all the hos I'll be smacking in GTA 4
    ROFL!

• Crazy Furry

When is comes down to it, Nintendo might get a GTA game since they are getting Manhunt 2. Also there are more games in the Wii's lineup that are going to be more scary and violent. (Sadness is a good example, it just might be given a AO rating if the rumors are true. If not, then I know it's going to get a solid M.)

I'm actually quite excited for Manhunt 2 since Manhunt is one of the few games from Rockstar I actually enjoyed. (Never got into GTA.)

Now while some people may find it odd for Nintendo to get the more violent games, I don't see a problem as long as the right people buy the games. It's the people that buy games like Resident Evil 4 or Manhunt for their 10 year old kid that whined to get it that are the problem.

Parent's have to take responsibility in what they allow their kids to play, the ratings are there for a reason. Too bad there are a lot of parents that don't take heed of them.
    Disney and Universal fan for life!...Shocking ain't it?
    Seize the future with X-S! Not Stitch.
    I'm not crazy, now if you will excuse me I have tea time with the ghosts at Haunted Mansion.

• Rides against injustice

http://wii.ign.com/articles/779/779642p1.html

There was a story on IGN yesterday about how Take Two (The publisher of the GTA franchise)is eager to work on Wii games. So we might very well see "GTA:Wii" sometime in the future.
    Out of the NIGHT....
    When the full moon is BRIGHT!!
    Comes a horseman known as ZORRO!!!
    ---------------------------------------

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by AE_Fan View Post
    When is comes down to it, Nintendo might get a GTA game since they are getting Manhunt 2. Also there are more games in the Wii's lineup that are going to be more scary and violent. (Sadness is a good example, it just might be given a AO rating if the rumors are true. If not, then I know it's going to get a solid M.)
    There would have to be a definite advantage to putting that title on the Wii. All I see is disadvantages. Graphics, overly simplistic controller, lack of online support, not a target demographic, blow to Nintendo's family friendly image...

It could happen, but why would someone want to play it on the Wii when there's nothing about GTA gameplay that makes you want to use a Wiimote?

Parent's have to take responsibility in what they allow their kids to play, the ratings are there for a reason. Too bad there are a lot of parents that don't take heed of them.
    Word. However, the social stigma is still that videogames are for kids, and as long as Nintendo makes games that are super easy/kiddy looking, parents are going to keep thinking that.

That was a topic at the Game Developers Convention this year. Some developers believed that what Nintendo was doing with the Wii was detracting from the credibility of the market.