Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 38
  1. #16

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    3,365

    Re: I am shocked at Peter Pan Ride! No Tink!

    She's only in the original ride once, so go petition Disneyland then..

  2. #17

    • Disney Dreams
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    .....
    Posts
    4,129

    Re: I am shocked at Peter Pan Ride! No Tink!

    Well, I've never been to DLR - so I'm not gonna start saying whether or not she's in it. I can't recall the one in WDW, so I won't make a statement on that either. BUT - if it's true that she really isn't a huge factor in the ride at Disneyland, then that brings us back to Yavn's newsletter, where he had stated that VMK would try to be as close as possible to the original rides. If Tink's not huge in the ride, then VMK will copy that ( in this case, she's not at all ). I can understand your view if she's your favorite character, and from that angle, it IS upsetting. You're upset, and decided to share it with us to see who would be in agreement. I hadn't even REALIZED until you said something, and I am surprised. But as another poster also noted, Tink is already quite popular, and she really is on probably 90% of Disney merchandise. She's already SOOOO popular, so that VMK would have left her out isn't HUGE, just SURPRISING. I feel for ya, considering she's your favorite - but I think the topic has been blown out of proportion to it's original intentions...

    - My Two Cents are in -

    Con


  3. #18

    • I DO Believe!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    An Hour from Walt's Park
    Posts
    168

    Re: I am shocked at Peter Pan Ride! No Tink!

    My original intention was to point out that the ride that introduced Tinkerbell to even being a Disney Character doesn't have her in it on VMK. She is in the ride at Disneyland and the fact that the ride is what brought about Tinkerbell's existence as a Disney Character, it is shocking to me, she does not appear. Granted, you can "hear" her presence in the magic sound, it is still surprising that she is thought of to be less included than the mermaids, who haven't been splattered all over Disney merchandise like Tink has. If you feel she appears on 90% of Disney merchandise, then where is her equal presence in VMK? VMK has virtually no Tink representation and here, a dark ride that brought about Tink's existence, is omitting her completely, but yet, showing the mermaids? Yes, I am going to think it IS shocking despite my obvious bias.

    Those of you trying to make the case that she doesn't appear in the Ride that much but is on Disney merchandise, so forget about arguing why she doesn't appear in the VMK version, are actually making my case for me.

    The very fact that the only thing that brought Tink to existence for Disney is Peter Pan, her not appearing on the ride is shocking if you think about it in those terms. Here is a Disney Icon that was made famous by Peter Pan, but yet, she does not appear in the ride on VMK when she does appear in the ride in the parks. It is like erasing the history of how Tinkerbell even came into existence as a Disney Icon. It has nothing to do with the fact she is my favorite, but has everything to do with her history being erased into how she even became a Disney character splashed all over merchandise in the first place.
    Last edited by ThinkTink; 04-04-2007 at 09:07 PM.
    I am
    On

  4. #19

    • Disney Dreams
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    .....
    Posts
    4,129

    Re: I am shocked at Peter Pan Ride! No Tink!

    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkTink View Post
    My original intention was to point out that the ride that introduced to Tinkerbell to even being a Disney Character doesn't have her in it on VMK. She is in the ride at Disneyland and the fact that the ride is what brought about Tinkerbell's existence as a Disney Character, it is shocking to me, she does not appear. Granted, you can "hear" her presence in the magic sound, it is still surprising that she is thought of to be less included than the mermaids, who haven't been splattered all over Disney merchandise like Tink has.

    Those of you trying to make the case that she doesn't appear in the Ride that much but is on Disney merchandise, so forget about arguing why she doesn't appear in VMK version, are actually making my case for me.

    The very fact that the only thing that brought Tink to existence for Disney is Peter Pan and her not appearing on the ride is shocking if you think about it in that terms. Here is a Disney Icon that was made famous by Peter Pan, but yet, she does not appear in the ride on VMK when she does appear in the ride in the parks. It is like erasing the history of how Tinkerbell even came into existence as a Disney Icon. It has nothing to do with the fact she is my favorite, but has everything to do with her history being erased into how she even became a Disney character splashed all over merchandise in the first place.
    The mermaid situation was pretty ridiculous to me, but since VMK is copying the original ride, so be it. ( which again - I've never been on at DLR - so I won't say whether she's on there ) Tink won't be on there as much, or as said here, not at all. I WAS pretty surprised - she's a pretty major character. I see everyone's point here - but we shouldn't start going crazy - just wait it out - maybe VMK will make an animated Tink object!


  5. #20

    • I DO Believe!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    An Hour from Walt's Park
    Posts
    168

    Re: I am shocked at Peter Pan Ride! No Tink!

    Just to keep a debate from happening...she does appear in the ride.
    I am
    On

  6. #21

    • the Happy Guy
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Sacramento Ca.
    Posts
    159

    Cool Re: I am shocked at Peter Pan Ride! No Tink!

    Good work! Major Oversite, no doubt about it!
    No Mission is Impossible!

  7. #22

    • String Theory q:
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    ___ ____
    Posts
    3,016

    Re: I am shocked at Peter Pan Ride! No Tink!

    Quote Originally Posted by EagleWings View Post
    She's in the real ride at Disneyland like once.. so I don't see the big "Tragedy."

    Anyways, have you even read the Peter Pan book? You might not like her so much in it.
    Yup... I <3 the book. VMK has a good reason for taking her out. I mean look at it this way, Way Too Much Lag! They had to take out something! VMK already has too MUCH TINK! Shirts with tink on them, people pretending to be Tink, etc.

    Trust me... They had a good reason


    Thanks to Mihawk, Piinoy, cyre, Midien, dance, uhm.. and alot of people!

  8. #23

    • I DO Believe!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    An Hour from Walt's Park
    Posts
    168

    Re: I am shocked at Peter Pan Ride! No Tink!

    Shirts with Tink on them is too much Tink? Um, Okay. Still not a good arguement for keeping her out of the ride that made her a Disney icon in the first place. I am assuming your point about lag is a joke so I am not even going to address that.
    I am
    On

  9. #24

    • Jambo!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Harambe
    Posts
    1,339

    Re: I am shocked at Peter Pan Ride! No Tink!

    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkTink View Post
    Shirts with Tink on them is too much Tink? Um, Okay. Still not a good arguement for keeping her out of the ride that made her a Disney icon in the first place. I am assuming your point about lag is a joke so I am not even going to address that.
    The Ride was not what made Tinkerbell an icon, It was the movie Peter Pan and the Disneyland Television show that did that before the ride was even built. Its truly difficult to combine the ride that has been at Disneyland since opening into a small computer generated 5 room version and not leave some things out. She is barely in the actual ride itself and if you really wish to have some Tink then look at the "glowing golden ship" which was made possible by her. The Ride is not exact, but it is close enough. If we really want to get into a huff, then where is Tiger Lily and the Lost Boys?
    Last edited by goofgeek; 04-04-2007 at 10:50 PM.


  10. #25

    • I DO Believe!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    An Hour from Walt's Park
    Posts
    168
    The Ride represents the movie and I can see other things they could have taken out instead of Tinkerbell (I have mentioned the mermaids several times). The ride at the parks is where tinkerbell lives. It is where you can go and see her. She is from Neverland. Her omission is a major oversight as someone else said in this thread. Her presence is throughout the ride with pixie dust and, like you said, the ship, but she DOES appear on the ride in the parks and her not being there on the VMK version is definitely an oversight considering her popularity...no matter how much people here want to explain her away as an unlikable character anyway, too much lag, she doesn't have a big appearance...etc. Of course I don't expect the ride to be exact, but I did expect it to have Tink.

    Sorry I brought it up people.

    Ah, you changed your post on me. I was waiting for someone to say this
    If we really want to get into a huff, then where is Tiger Lily and the Lost Boys?
    I also think they should be represented, however, they are not huge Disney Icons with a huge fan base. When was the last time you saw Tigerlily leading a parade? Have you seen the lost boys fly over the castle during a fireworks show? Have you seen either of them have a shop named after them? My point is....if you keep a visual presence of Tinkerbell out of the story she came from, how will kids (and most players on VMK are kids) know she even came from that story?

    I realize this is all your own opinions and if you don't think having Tinkerbell in the ride is a big deal, then you don't. I think it is definitely at least a semi-big deal, but what do I know?
    Last edited by figment1986; 04-05-2007 at 08:22 PM. Reason: double posting, nothing bad.
    I am
    On

  11. #26

    • String Theory q:
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    ___ ____
    Posts
    3,016

    Re: I am shocked at Peter Pan Ride! No Tink!

    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkTink View Post
    Shirts with Tink on them is too much Tink? Um, Okay. Still not a good arguement for keeping her out of the ride that made her a Disney icon in the first place. I am assuming your point about lag is a joke so I am not even going to address that.
    Lag? A joke?? Are you kidding me!? The lag on that ride is so bad for me! I dont have a high tech computer like most out there, so really... Lag is not a joke! I have really bad lag on that ride!

    There are LOTS of things missing from the rides in VMK. However, im sure that they know about them. Live on... Its not the end of the world

    There is always a good reason why they took out the stuff they took. This is the last post im going to put on this post.


    Thanks to Mihawk, Piinoy, cyre, Midien, dance, uhm.. and alot of people!

  12. #27

    • I DO Believe!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    An Hour from Walt's Park
    Posts
    168

    Re: I am shocked at Peter Pan Ride! No Tink!

    Quote Originally Posted by KangarooPocket View Post
    Lag? A joke?? Are you kidding me!? The lag on that ride is so bad for me! I dont have a high tech computer like most out there, so really... Lag is not a joke! I have really bad lag on that ride!

    There are LOTS of things missing from the rides in VMK. However, im sure that they know about them. Live on... Its not the end of the world

    There is always a good reason why they took out the stuff they took. This is the last post im going to put on this post.
    I did not say the lag problem was a joke. I was saying that the reason you stated as not having Tink in the ride because of lag, was a joke. They could take out other things and put in Tink, if lag was the problem. I don't have a high tech computer and can't even play the main games and I have lag in the rides too. You completely misunderstood me...not just on the lag comment but I don't feel it is the end of the world and I will "live on" happily. No need to belittle my opinion. I just figured this was a Disney/VMK message board and I was welcome to post my concerns without being told I am in a "huff" or I feel it is the end of the world or I am not "Living on". I just posted it to see if anyone else noticed or cared. Obviously most don't care. As I said earlier everyone is entitled to their opinion and I understand that...I just don't think it is necessary to make me feel like my opinion is something I should get over and live on...even if you do end that statement with a wink.
    I am
    On

  13. #28

    • Smile, It's Free!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Oxford, England
    Posts
    1,355

    Re: I am shocked at Peter Pan Ride! No Tink!

    I will be going on the Pan ride next week, I will see if us Europeans have the pleasure of tink

  14. #29

    • Disney Dreams
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    .....
    Posts
    4,129

    Re: I am shocked at Peter Pan Ride! No Tink!

    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkTink View Post
    I did not say the lag problem was a joke. I was saying that the reason you stated as not having Tink in the ride because of lag, was a joke. They could take out other things and put in Tink, if lag was the problem. I don't have a high tech computer and can't even play the main games and I have lag in the rides too. You completely misunderstood me...not just on the lag comment but I don't feel it is the end of the world and I will "live on" happily. No need to belittle my opinion. I just figured this was a Disney/VMK message board and I was welcome to post my concerns without being told I am in a "huff" or I feel it is the end of the world or I am not "Living on". I just posted it to see if anyone else noticed or cared. Obviously most don't care. As I said earlier everyone is entitled to their opinion and I understand that...I just don't think it is necessary to make me feel like my opinion is something I should get over and live on...even if you do end that statement with a wink.
    OK - here is my understanding of the previous posts, AND my ( again, two cent opinion ) understanding.

    OK - Tink is a major character in Disney parks, and she IS the first thing you see when a Disney movie is shown - that little bit of Pixie Dust, and all. But what is the name of the ride?
    PETER PAN'S Flight - had it been Tinkerbell's Flight, then I understand. But the main focus of the ride is to be on Peter Pan. Sure, he isn't nearly as POPULAR as Tink, but VMK's sole purpose was to relate as closely as possible to the real rides. I'm not attacking ANYONE, just stating my opinion in which Yavn had stated in the newsletter that VMK WOULD TRY to be as closely related to the original rides, which on here it has been said she is on there once? I BELIEVE it's the same at the WDW one, so.. just leave it at that. When said before that Tink is on alot of merchandise, in VMK she really isn't, but in the real Disney areas, you will UNDOUBTEDLY find something to do with Tink, if not half the store being involved with her. And really, lag IS a major part in VMK right now. I can barely get on the ride without freezing up, or going suuuuuper sloooooow.... but that's not an excuse for having not placed her - as you said, something could be taken out. And just to clear things up, you were NEVER told that you were in a huff -
    goofgeek really said:
    If we really want to get into a huff, then where is Tiger Lily and the Lost Boys?
    I believe it says "If" but I may be wrong..
    This is MiceChat - just as you're entitled to your opinion, we're entitled to our own

    Thank You!
    -Con


  15. #30

    • Ergo, bibamus
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Beaverton, OR
    Posts
    72

    Re: I am shocked at Peter Pan Ride! No Tink!

    I actually hadn't noticed that Tink wasn't on the ride even though I am a big Tink fan. With that being said, maybe she is being left out 'on purpose' because they have a different plan for her. Maybe they are considering costumes or some type of fairy magic. If you have genuine concern, I would suggest writing on Contact Us and you have a strong argument so I think others will follow. Myself included.
    "Draco dormiens numquam titillandus"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] Peter Pan Ride
    By passholder in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 07-10-2009, 08:25 PM
  2. Replies: 27
    Last Post: 04-29-2009, 01:06 AM
  3. Peter pan ride
    By nzl kiwi in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-16-2007, 03:41 PM
  4. Peter Pan's Flight--Best Time to Ride?
    By ladydiamond in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 11-27-2006, 05:15 PM
  5. Just Thinking about The Peter Pan Ride
    By Lost Boy in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-13-2005, 12:07 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •