Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Banned User

Re: I am shocked at Peter Pan Ride! No Tink!

If you're this concerned about it I'd see a shrink.

• You can call me Samy:]

Let's not all ATTACK her now. Yeah, Tink is missing..which I find strange because she is such a big Disney icon. She is not seen in the ride too much, though. I would love to see her in vmk :]
    And yet through it all, Cinderella remained ever gentle and kind, for
    with each dawn she found new hope that someday her dreams of
    happiness would come true.

• my favorite sociopath

I think the reason she not there is, If you make her 'lifesize'(I think she only 2-3 inches tall) you wldnt be able to see her and if you make her large, then she will be out of proprtn with everything else.

• I DO Believe!

In two of my posts I stated you are all entitled to your opinion. I never said you weren't and I was very accepting of it and never attacked any of you personally for it. I am still being misunderstood, but what can I do? I can only re-word what I mean so many times.

That being said, I will not be posting here at micechat anymore. I have noticed a growing "sport" of people focusing more on making fun of the content of a post of a poster and/or just making the poster feel like they are stupid for bringing up something in the first place.

When someone says, "if you really want to get in a huff?" it implies you are already in one, but for a stupid reason...so why not get into a huff for a good reason. When I am told it's not the end of the world and I should live on...or I should see a shrink. Well, it is time for my exit as I can tell me posting my opinions is not welcome anymore.

Perhaps I will see some of you on VMK...those that are my friends.
    I am
    On

• Former Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by EagleWings View Post
    If you're this concerned about it I'd see a shrink.
    I think you need to see a shrink with your constant negative attitude towards everyone here. It is truly hard to believe you are a CM.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by WDWGirl View Post
    to Yavn's newsletter, where he had stated that VMK would try to be as close as possible to the original rides. If Tink's not huge in the ride, then VMK will copy that ( in this case, she's not at all ).
    Yes, they said that they copied the attractions as closely as possible, but yet this part is left out.

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkTink View Post
    My original intention was to point out that the ride that introduced Tinkerbell to even being a Disney Character doesn't have her in it on VMK. She is in the ride at Disneyland and the fact that the ride is what brought about Tinkerbell's existence as a Disney Character, it is shocking to me, she does not appear. Granted, you can "hear" her presence in the magic sound, it is still surprising that she is thought of to be less included than the mermaids, who haven't been splattered all over Disney merchandise like Tink has. If you feel she appears on 90% of Disney merchandise, then where is her equal presence in VMK? VMK has virtually no Tink representation and here, a dark ride that brought about Tink's existence, is omitting her completely, but yet, showing the mermaids? Yes, I am going to think it IS shocking despite my obvious bias.

Those of you trying to make the case that she doesn't appear in the Ride that much but is on Disney merchandise, so forget about arguing why she doesn't appear in the VMK version, are actually making my case for me.

The very fact that the only thing that brought Tink to existence for Disney is Peter Pan, her not appearing on the ride is shocking if you think about it in those terms. Here is a Disney Icon that was made famous by Peter Pan, but yet, she does not appear in the ride on VMK when she does appear in the ride in the parks. It is like erasing the history of how Tinkerbell even came into existence as a Disney Icon. It has nothing to do with the fact she is my favorite, but has everything to do with her history being erased into how she even became a Disney character splashed all over merchandise in the first place.
    Very true! I noticed this and another thing. Part of the attraction follow WDW's Peter Pan and others follow Disneyland's Peter Pan so they don't really follow either. But along with that certain elements are not included, including Tink. Regardless of her character in the book/play/etc. she is in the attraction in the theme parks so it's sad not to see her represented in the VMK version of this classic attraction.

• Banned User

Tinkerbell is in the attraction near the battle scene... they could have had a light move around when you passed by something to represent tink (thats how they did it in plays )

what makes me not completely pleased is why are the mermaids at the end when they are in the beginning of neverland after the flyover of London?

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Moderator Warning:

All people on MiceChat are entitled to their own opinions on subject matter. EVERYONE has the right to voice that opinion, without being attacked. Maybe of the posts in this thread are at the very least, snarky remarks aimed at the OP, some are borderline personal attacks.

Open debates on issues can be very enlightening. A lot of things can be learned by sharing of ideas. So long as everyone states their personal opinion, backs it up with facts and RESPECTS everyone else's ideas without resorting to veiled snippy remarks.

Keep it friendly, and always remember... if you can't say anything nice.....

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123