Thread: Rock Band!

• white and nerdy

Rock Band!

Just heard that the makers of the Guitar Hero games is making Rock Band.

They totally ripped my idea off (me and about anyone who ever played the game )

It will be released on the XboX360 and the PS3. Using two guitars controllers (lead and bass) along with a mic and a "drum set" controller, you and your friends can have a complete rock band.

online play will play heavily into the mix allowing you to play with band members from anywhere.

I've heard some rumors that it will be crazy expensive with all the extra controlling devices, but I am real excited about this one.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• white and nerdy

Re: Rock Band!

After I posted this I found some rumors of a possible Wii edition.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

No replies? I'll add some comments.

In Japan there was actually a game very very similar to this, and it's been a long running series for years. Guitar Freaks is the Guitar Hero equivalent, and another game called Drummania was linkable to Guitar Freaks. Having gone to Asia a number of times (and checking out the arcades, duh), I can tell you it's one of those popular machines that sit at the front of every arcade entrance.

Guitar Hero being an Americanized Guitar Freaks is great, and seeing as how it was successful, I can't see anything other than success for Rock Band.

Oh, and I have a feeling the expensive add-ons won't be too much of a problem. Other than the initial purchase, extras are optional, and to have them all would only elevate you to the gaming elite. It's not a bad situation for Harmonix.

P.S. Joshua, wouldn't it be great to have MiceChat online sessions? I call lead guitar!

• white and nerdy

Quote Originally Posted by pizzamousechips View Post

P.S. Joshua, wouldn't it be great to have MiceChat online sessions? I call lead guitar!
    Yes, yes a hundred times yes.

I'll do vocals. I can scream with the best of them.