• My arms are tired!

VMK - Boy, do I suck at Pirates!

Oh well, they say practice makes perfect, but of the 3 games, I really sucked at pirates, bigtime. Best so far at the fireworks, but I could be better.

So I guess in this case, it's not a pirates life for me!

Snow

Cost of AP= $239
    Trips to DL= 001
    Next Trip to DL= May 6-7, 2007

• Newbie.

Me too
    As nice as the other parks are, we must always remember that it all began at Disneyland. Disneyland should be the crown jewel in the Disney crown.

• no flash photography...

You will get better. practice against the computers to get the hang of it. I have found it is more difficult palying against other people who don't know how to play, but once I got the hang of it I kicked butt all the way through level 3..

• Merry 2014!

how do you compete against the computers? i suck at fireworks and pirates.
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasmico!
    how do you compete against the computers? i suck at fireworks and pirates.
    just start a game and before anyone joins hit play. The one bad thing is your computer team will not help unless the other team gets close to it, but thats what helped me get better.

Thumbs up

I've only played the fireworks game once and I don't even know how I did it. When I try now, I can't seem to "enter/play" the game.

Any advice?
    Cliff
    WDW '72, '97, '00, '02, '03 '06 '07, '08 DL '98, '05, '10 DLP '00 DCL '09

• Know More Than You Should

Quote Originally Posted by snowflake
    Oh well, they say practice makes perfect, but of the 3 games, I really sucked at pirates, bigtime. Best so far at the fireworks, but I could be better.

So I guess in this case, it's not a pirates life for me!

Snow
    Ditto. Not so bad at fireworks, but PotC, sheesh.

• My arms are tired!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyParkFan
    I've only played the fireworks game once and I don't even know how I did it. When I try now, I can't seem to "enter/play" the game.

Any advice?
    Well, it seemed a bit funky for me, as well. All I know is, enter the game, tell it you want to play and then it will either wait for additional players or will load. It too a little bit for the game to load and I was off.

Snow

Cost of AP= $239
    Trips to DL= 001

• My arms are tired!

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe
    You will get better. practice against the computers to get the hang of it. I have found it is more difficult palying against other people who don't know how to play, but once I got the hang of it I kicked butt all the way through level 3..
    Thanks SCUBAbe, I will persevere then! I'm all for kicking butt, now if they would fix whatever is buggy, because now I cannot save pics and cannot find that damned final hidden mickey! I've been wasting oodles of cash on film!
    I may have to break down and hit the spoiler thread!

Snow

Cost of AP= $239
    Trips to DL= 001

Thanks SCUBAbe, I will persevere then! I'm all for kicking butt, now if they would fix whatever is buggy, because now I cannot save pics and cannot find that damned final hidden mickey! I've been wasting oodles of cash on film!

Snow
    yeah, I'm at a stand still with the hidden mickeys, I have found all 50 and even checked on the list. I have them all. It won't give me credit for them. I deleted them all 3 times and re-took them...still no credit. I have all 50, but VMK central says I only have 47 ...I asked a CM about it and they said it was a glitch...so i don't know what to do know...

Snow
    I haven't played in a week or so, but last time I played this worked. If you only want to use your camera to take Hidden Mickeys, take a shot of somewhere in the screen. If there is no hidden mickey don't hit accept hit cancel, voila no film used

• My arms are tired!

Quote Originally Posted by Schda
    I haven't played in a week or so, but last time I played this worked. If you only want to use your camera to take Hidden Mickeys, take a shot of somewhere in the screen. If there is no hidden mickey don't hit accept hit cancel, voila no film used
    I do not have the option to cancel photos, I did a few days ago, but not now. Only get error codes. Very frustrating!

Snow

Cost of AP= $239
    Trips to DL= 001

• Theme Park Advocate

Sorry snowflake the other day I must of sank you a half dozen times, next time I see you there I will try to help you out. BTY I just won my 30th game. (oh it is so nice to be able to type numbers again ) actualy If I see anyone form here I'll try to help them win, just ask me to join your team and I usualy will.

• Singing Drinker

As to pirates...

You'll get better. I was horrible when I started, but enjoyed the game - now I'm up around 70 wins. The best advice I can give ANY new player is DO NOT CLOSE IN ON THE COMPUTER SHIPS. You will die. Even with skill, close combat is very tricky - the computer ships are much more manueverable than you are, and they can do minute angle adjustments to ensure all three shots hit you - you are not able to do the same. Until you're confident, hang back and take long shots. It'll give you a feel for the spread of shot, as well as build some confidence.

As to fireworks... the game's been weird ever since they added the ten player minimum. I've had several times that the game would kick me back to the Gallery if I clicked *anywhere* on the screen after I clicked "Play".