Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• RAWRR(:

The Official New to VMK/MC Thread

I figured since everytime someone is new they usually make a thread introducing themselves, or a friend currently on MiceChat will make a thread introducing them, that we could have one thread where they can:
    • Ask questions about VMK or MiceChat.
    • Just simply introduce themselves.
    • Ask questions about VMK Values or MiceChat FAQ's.
    Please becareful when posting in here. If something says not to post or ask about it in a certain way, don't. Since I had some trouble posting with the reputation section included because of how many little pictures were in it I cannot post it. But you can you use the link.

Here are the MiceChat FAQ's:

Rules and Regulations:
    What can I discuss on MiceChat? MiceChat is an entertainment centered board. While most subjects may be discussed in our various community lounges, we discourage the discussion of politics and religion. Threads which turn to these two topics or become in other ways heated will be moved to the "Litter Box" or MiceChat Gold's "Debate Lounge" (and are also subject to being closed). Political and Religious discussions in the Gold Debate Lounge can get ugly, as most people have strong opinions on these subjects. If you must discuss them, please be prepared for hostility. All members are reminded that MiceChat rules still pertain to the Debate Lounge and we encourage people to use their reputation voting when members break the rules. However, Mods will not intervene on your behalf, nor will we reverse any Neg rep or Retaliatory rep you may receive on the topics of Politics and Religion. Hate speech (or any form of racism, sexism, or homophobia) is not permitted anywhere on MiceChat, and will be cause for harsh reprimand, not excluding a permanent ban from the site. Members are encouraged to use their negative voting and report post features whenever they see such behaviors on the site.

What language am I permitted to use on MiceChat? There are many words to express your opinion when you post on MiceChat. However a few naughty words are not permitted. If you type a word and it appears as a row of ****** it's probably cause you typed a naughty one. If that happens you may want to think about rephrasing what you said. Naughty words are not permitted. Also, please do not voluntarily self censor parts of a word to slip past our naughty word filter. Let the filter do it's work.

What about promoting my site on MiceChat? While we appreciate the idea of getting the latest news from the community, we ask that you refrain from posts that only promote another website. However, feel free to put a link in your signature, or use the homepage option in your profile. Discussions about specific articles/news from another website may be moved to the Community Outpost forum.

What kind of materials can I post? There will be times when you want to share something you found on the internet to all your fellow MiceChatters. Sharing is indeed caring. Be careful though. When you post an image, video or audio file on MiceChat, make sure you are not posting content that is copyrighted. Such materials being shared and distributed without the consent of the person who owns the copyrights to the item in question is not allowed. This includes pictures from other websites. If you wish to discuss a picture, post a link to the site's page that the picture is on, and not the picture itself.

What is 'Grave Dancing', and is it permitted? Sometimes certian members will be removed from the community for questionable behavior. Whether they are removed temporarily by suspension or permanently by banning, you are not allowed to make fun of the individual. This is what's known as ' grave dancing '. It's an extension of a personal attack and will not be permitted.

What is a 'Personal Attack', and what about 'Attacking' other members? What is an attack exactly? We have all heard the term before. On a message board, an attack is when another member posts a message that clearly & directly is to threaten, defame, insult or make a mockery of another for whatever reason that poster felt compelled to do so (EX: "You are full of crap you liar!", "You are a complete idiot", etc). These boards are for discussions. There will always be differing opinions. You can disagree & but be civil and do not spread hate around.

Attack the message rather than the messenger. Posts, including comments, may be attacked, as long as it is NOT attacking the person directly.

Allowable: "I think that statement is ludicrous."

Not allowable: "You're ludicrous for saying that."

What's the policy regarding 'Trolling'? So you want to irritate another board member by posting a message or image that will upset them on purpose?
    Well then, you must be living under a bridge cause you're a troll. A 'troll' is the term used for an individual who post messages to delibrately upset others. There's a secondary type known as the 'sympathy troll'. This type of trolling differs from the other cause a ' sympathy troll ' posts for the sole purprose of getting kind affections by sending false messages to others (usually by faking an illness or a type of disability/disadvantage). Whichever form it may take, trolling is not welcome at MiceChat and should be reported and negative repped. Sometimes members do not intend to troll but undirectly rub another the wrong way or 'push your buttons'. If you feel someone is getting under your skin use the "Ignore" feature in your user control panel. By using this feature you can ignore certain individuals who upset you & continue enjoying MiceChat peacefully & calmly.

Is posting of 'Adult' Content allowed? There's more to life than just Disney. That's why there are so many additional forums on MiceChat.
    Sometimes people discuss subjects that are family friendly. Sometimes people discuss topics that are more adult oriented. We don't mind if you care to have a discussion about an adult topic.

If you decide to do so, we simply ask these three things:
    1) Discuss the topic in the "Litter Box" forum.
    2) Use appropriate language
    3) Do not post images that contain nudity or acts of a sexual nature.
    Discussion is fine but we don't need dirty words or visual aid.
    If a thread gets too descriptive, or off topic, it may be closed.

Am I allowed to have multiple accounts (a 'Sock Puppet')? As a member of MiceChat you are allowed one account/screen name and only one. If someone else in your household wants to create an account for themself that it quite alright and welcome, but what happens if you create another for yourself ? Well, that is what is known on the internet world as a 'sock puppet'. It's not permitted on MiceChat. Creating one can result in being permanently removed from the boards. So please don't do it. If you simply want to change your name just PM an administrator with your request, or use the 'Contact Us' form at the bottom of each page.

I have a problem, who should I contact? If you have a problem on MiceChat feel free to private message, or e-mail an administrator. You can also use the 'Contact Us' form at the bottom. Although their names appear next to their forums, MiceAge Columnists are not moderators. Please don't bother them with MiceChat issues. Not that they mind, but they would much rather respond to your questions regarding their stories than issues regarding the site.

When do you delete/lock threads? General policy for locking threads is when:

1. They reach over 2000 replies.
    2. The topic of the thread is not what is being discussed.
    3. At any moderator's or administrator's discression.

General policy for deleting threads is when:

1. They reach over 2000 replies, locked, and 2 weeks old.
    2. The thread contains inappropriate material.
    3. At any moderator's or administrator's discression.

Infractions:
    What are infractions? Infractions are a system of yellow () and red () ‘cards’ that a user can receive when they break the Rules and Regulations of MiceChat. Each infraction ‘card’ is worth a set amount of points (that may or may not expire). After 75 points, a user is banned. Infractions differ from reputation, in that they are only given by moderators and administrators, and not by users.

What are the point values for each type of infraction? A minor violation is worth 10 points, and generally expires after 6 months. However, a major violation is worth 25 points and never expires. After 75 points in violations, a user is automatically banned.

Below is a list of the infraction types, and their point values:
    Infraction Type:
    Point Value:
    Expires After:
    Non-MiceChat Site Bashing
    6 Months
    Discussion of Specific Reputation
    6 Months
    Name Calling And/Or Personal Attacks
    6 Months
    Non-MiceChat Site Bashing (2nd Offense)
    Never
    Posting Inappropriate Content
    Never
    Intentional Sock Puppet (Second Account) Creation
    Never
    Trolling (Purposely Causing Trouble)
    Never
    Discussion of Specific Reputation (2nd Offense)
    Never
    MiceChat Site Bashing
    Never
    Purposely Ignoring A Violation/Infraction Warning
    Never

What do the various colored cards mean? A yellow card () is a warning, and is always worth 0 points. However, a red card () is worth the points listed on the table above.

How do I check to see which infractions, or how many infraction points I have? Just click ‘User CP’ at the top of the page. On the next page, look for the box that says ‘Latest Infractions Received’:

You will also automatically receive a Private Message from the moderator/administrator that gave you the infraction.

You can also look in the specific thread to see which post has the infraction; just look for the ‘card’ next to the Quote button (these ‘cards’ are not viewable by other members, only you and the moderators/administrators):

How do I dispute an infraction? Just use the ‘Contact Us’ link located at the bottom of any MiceChat page. Be sure to explain any details that are needed about the infraction. Disputes are taken on a case-by-case basis, and may not end up being removed.
    List of links to FAQ's:
    Rules and Regulations
    Infractions
    *Since the VMK Values are pretty long I'm just going to leave a link. If someone thinks I should add them in tell me and I will =]
    VMK Values
    If you have any questions about MiceChat FAQ's or VMK Values. Please ask/post here.

=]
    PiNK<3

• RAWRR(:

Re: The Official New to VMK/MC Thread

Okay.. guess it was a stupid idea.

• Paint the Roses Red

Quote Originally Posted by pinkCHICLETT View Post
    No, it was a great idea. I liked how you posted the FAQ, and I am sure this will all help new members. I guess no one has posted yet, because there are probably no new members who have seen this thread and not read the FAQ or have questions.

• Bionic Village Babe/RCMC

This is a really good idea Pink Just there's nobody new yet. btw.. that picture in your signature is moving

Bionic Village Babe of the RCMC
    "Wisdom is knowing what you don't know" - Socrates

• RAWRR(:

Sorry if that comment sounded a little like down on myself lol. I'm just pretty ticked at my bff right now.

• Paint the Roses Red

Sorry if that comment sounded a little like down on myself lol. I'm just pretty ticked at my bff right now.
    Oh, no problem. If you want to talk about it, you can tell us in the current randomness thread.

If there are any new members I run into on MC, I will refer them to this thread, along with my usual welcoming speech.

This is a wonderful idea! A lot of new members get banned/littered because they don't read the rules. Now they can easily come to this thread! Great idea!

• Paint the Roses Red

Quote Originally Posted by ineedafriend View Post
    This is a wonderful idea! A lot of new members get banned/littered because they don't read the rules. Now they can easily come to this thread! Great idea!
    Yeah, and let's just hope they actually follow the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Ivory_Rocks View Post
    Yeah, and let's just hope they actually follow the rules.

Lol that's all we can do is hope I wonder if many new people even bother reading the FAQ until they're actually told numerous times? hmm..

• RAWRR(:

Yeah and this kind of helps clear up some things like what things are considered because people will say somethings not allowed and I don't really check the FAQ's so it's also like a referance page, if thats how you spell it, lol.

Yeah and this kind of helps clear up some things like what things are considered because people will say somethings not allowed and I don't really check the FAQ's so it's also like a referance page, if thats how you spell it, lol.
    Reference* but this is an excellent resource of sorts

• Applz

I just have to congrat u on making taht big post i mean wow that must have tooken hours

• BEAUTiFULYY♥broken™

Hi, I'm new! (well actually I'm not... but I like this thread)
    You guys can call me Super for short!!
    well; haven't been on here in forever!

miss you guys! (:

• FallOut? where..!?

Thanks, this will really help out the new "Cheese'rs"
    the oc freak. <3*

• Can't stop the rock.

Hey everyone, my cousin just joined MC! Her name is Linz-Is-Cool, we call her cool on VMK So if you want to explain everything and introduce yourselves it would be great!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast