View Poll Results: Favourite game in the Grand Theft Auto series?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Grand Theft Auto - old school!

0 0%
  • Grand Theft Auto 2

0 0%
  • GTA III

7 43.75%
  • GTA: Vice City

3 18.75%
  • GTA: San Andreas

6 37.50%

Thread: Favourite GTA?

• Former Epcot CM

Favourite GTA?

With GTA IV announced for October, getting me and many others excited - this one game succeeded in convincing me to buy the Xbox 360 where others failed - I just wondered what the general most popular GTA is.

I picked Vice City, because I just love everything about the game. It makes GTA III and San Andreas look so dull and boring. Everything is colourful, clean and cool - the soundtrack is awesome, the cars are awesome, the characters, the storylines, everything. I really do hope Vice City is reinvented for the PS3 and Xbox 360 like Liberty City is.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

•   
    • Senior Minion

Re: Favourite GTA?

I really like VC, but went with III. I feel that III is what really hooked me into the GTA games, and it is a game I go back to play quite often.

• white and nerdy

San Andreas for me. The sheer size and scope of the game is amazing and the landscapes, from the golden gate bridge to the deserts to the mountains were amazing. I also feel the storyline in San Andreas is much better than the previous installments. There was more emotional storytelling moments mixed with the satire.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• Minion

I'm torn. GTA III has a special place in my heart (lol) because it was so unexpected. It was the last GTA to really push innovation...

However, GTA: San andreas was a masterpiece. It expanded on EVERYTHING, and delivered even more than what was promised.

• Circle of Ancients

Never played GTA, although the write-up the new GTA in GameInformer has me intrigued.

• Disneyland is your land.

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Never played GTA, although the write-up the new GTA in GameInformer has me intrigued.
    Your really missing out on something super special my friend. These games, although loaded with "violence & crime" are some of the best games ever made in a strict gameplay sense.

I think every person (at least old enough to purchase the game) owes it to themselves to check out a GTA game -- just like Mario and Zelda.

I really hope that GTA IV completely rewrites the gameplay formula and Rockstar tries something unique, new, and innovative. The 3D open world style of gaming has been done to death since its prominent rise in 2001 and I would love to see these guys pull of something special like they did years ago with the originals and then GTA III.
    Class of 2005...

I am going with Vice City. All the 80s music, the neon and feel of Miami.. Scarface and Miami Vice stuff everywhere.. that crazy redneck Florida radio guy... It was by far my favorite! I still can't get the Flock of Seagulls commercial out of my head!
    I admit it will be weird playing GTA again after playing Crackdown so much. If you have a 360 now make sure you get Crackdown if you like GTA its a blast!

Disney: true inspiration!

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by ssmccullough View Post
    Your really missing out on something super special my friend. These games, although loaded with "violence & crime" are some of the best games ever made in a strict gameplay sense.
    It's not that I don't want to play them, but with 2 small kids and not alot of free time anyway, I just don't have the time to play a violent game that they can't watch me play, or that I can't play with them.

• Rides against injustice

I have to go with GTA III. It basically made the series what it is today.
    Out of the NIGHT....
    When the full moon is BRIGHT!!
    Comes a horseman known as ZORRO!!!
    ---------------------------------------

• Banned User

San Andreas is the best. Lots of news features compared to Vice city.

• Skyway 73

Red Face Re: Favourite GTA?

I like them all but in Vice City I can't get passed the mission with the stupid little remote control helicopter. I can't seem to be able to figure out the controls.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian View Post
    I'm torn. GTA III has a special place in my heart (lol) because it was so unexpected. It was the last GTA to really push innovation...

However, GTA: San andreas was a masterpiece. It expanded on EVERYTHING, and delivered even more than what was promised.
    Ditto on all points. After playing each one and loving them all, I still go back and throw in III now and then. I think that game, beyond its extremely innovative play and style, was also just one of those happy cosmic events where everything just came together perfectly. It's a game I'll always own and play, even if it means that once the PS27 comes out and I'm an old fart in a nursing home, I'll have an antique PS2 or 3 sitting there by the holographic TV and I'll be maniacally driving around, trying to find an elusive Infernos to help me get that one last unique jump.

Quote Originally Posted by sec16duck View Post
    I like them all but in Vice City I can't get passed the mission with the stupid little remote control helicopter. I can't seem to be able to figure out the controls.
    Keep practicing that is one of my favorite parts of the game! I love those little helicopters =) I never did beat VIce City though

Disney: true inspiration!