Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Earth Intruder

Lord of the Rings Online

Well I played beta and it was fun so....

I totally broke down today and bought it!!! Is anyone else thinking of buying it, or has anyone bought it already, cuz it'd be fun to play with another MiceChatter!!!

Basically it seems like World of Warcraft, but set in the LOTR universe. Pretty graphics and easy to get into. The reviews so far are good also.

I bought the special edition at Fry's for $54.99, which was only 5 bucks more than the regular edition, so why the heck not! Also I got a separate box there for a penny which allows me the "founders pricing", only available for the next few weeks.

Ugh I really bought this hook line and sinker... :P
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

• Earth Intruder

Re: Lord of the Rings Online

Oh and I am on the Arkenstone server as "Chernabog". Yes, I know, very creative.

Played for like 2 hours tonite so far, it is really quite fun!!! People were really helpful in the game, and I feel all powerful at level 5 now, hehehe

EDIT: I changed servers to the Landroval server.
    Last edited by Chernabog; 05-03-2007 at 11:30 PM.
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

• white and nerdy

Hmmmm... does thejoshualee really need another MMORPG to steal his life away after a successful cut from World of Warcraft... AND after spending the money on a Playstation 3 and Oblivion....

I think I'll let the test of time decide If I play this game. MMORPGs are a bit of an investment with time and money. If it's still around and popular this time next year, I'll get it.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

i played the Beta as well, yet i was completely blah about it all. I really enjoy WoW, which i just started playing in Feburary, but i didn't relaly seen enough of a difference between WoW and LOTR:O to make a switch, or pay for both.

unfortunantly the people i encountered while playing Beta were rude, childish and sometimes downright mean.

For now I think i'll stick with WoW (our horde guild is always looking for new members*shameless plug*) but i'm seriously debating the Pirates online game coming up
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

Wink Re: Lord of the Rings Online

Well, after 9 plus years of Ultima Online I finally broke my addiction. Now I'm trying Pirates of the Caribbean online in beta and its getting me hooked again. I'm really not interested in getting into another MMORPG right now but POTC is hard to pass on. Ill keep on through the beta test and see what happens.
    Steve

• Earth Intruder

Quote Originally Posted by elly View Post
    For now I think i'll stick with WoW (our horde guild is always looking for new members*shameless plug*) but i'm seriously debating the Pirates online game coming up
    I never played WoW - and I know LOTRO and WoW are quite similar gameplay-wise in the beginning (LOTRO has better graphics tho imho, from what I've seen when my cousin played WoW). However, I like the LOTR world and the storyline just seems more interesting to me. I had fun in the closed beta, but I guess if you were already into WoW the open beta for LOTRO (level cap: 15 of 50) seemed like too much of the same thing. I'm real excited to see the endgame, the monster missions, how they work the LOTR "War of the Ring" storyline into the whole thing while maintaining a challenge, etc.

Since I was on EQ for 5 1/2 years the MMORPG style of WoW/LOTR seemed, well, too easy. But I guess the "casual" works for me now with my usually packed schedule.

I'll try LOTR for at least 6 months and see how my interest keeps up. I've tried FFXI, EQ2 and Vanguard and they couldn't keep my interest past a few weeks -- LOTR seems WAY more interesting and fun than all of those already. I'm on Guild Wars as well, but since that does not have any kind of monthly fee, it is as casual as casual gets. (Guild Wars is more like a clicky-click Diablo MMORPG with pre-defined missions through an actual storyline).

I'm not sure if LOTRO has a definite "end of the storyline" a la Guild Wars yet. But it sure is fun! Now since I read about a gay guild on a different sever, I'm trying to figure out if I want to start a new toon, hehe

• Lonestar Louisianian

I went from EQ to WoW, with a little Guild Wars thrown in. I've not found any other MMORPG that I have been interested in. I mean, gameplay is basically the same and once you've gotten burned out on one, going to the other offers minimal (if any) difference. I'm still hanging around in WoW but only because there's nothing else out right now that I am interested in playing. So I am just biding my time until Bioshock and Crysis is released.

That being said, I might look into LOTR:O if there is a free trial period available because I do like the world of Middle Earth.

• Earth Intruder

Quote Originally Posted by NatdRat View Post
    That being said, I might look into LOTR:O if there is a free trial period available because I do like the world of Middle Earth.
    Besides the standard "30 days included with purchase" thing, I don't know if there is any other type of free trial.

The only thing I am sort of annoyed with today is that the guild I want to join is on a different server, and there's no way to transfer the character. So I'll have to just start a new one that's exactly the same on a different server. I guess it's better I do it when I'm only a few hours into the game tho

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by svickersart View Post
    Well, after 9 plus years of Ultima Online I finally broke my addiction. Now I'm trying Pirates of the Caribbean online in beta and its getting me hooked again. I'm really not interested in getting into another MMORPG right now but POTC is hard to pass on. Ill keep on through the beta test and see what happens.
    Steve
    How much will POTC: Online be?

• Earth Intruder

OK to anyone that wants to play, I changed servers to Landroval and am joining an LGBT-friendly guild called "Knights of the White Lady". Let me know if you're interested and I'll give you all the info. My character name is still Chernabog though. Yes, mega mega creative, I know I know.

• Circle of Ancients

As much as I love LOTR, not for me.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

Just curious if the gameplay is still as exciting as it was when you first started....

update?
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• Earth Intruder

Quote Originally Posted by elly View Post
    Just curious if the gameplay is still as exciting as it was when you first started....

update?
    Yup I am still on and playing -- if anything, the gameplay has gotten MORE exciting now that I am out of newbieville (tho newbieville was fun too). Plus I'm meeting more and more people, which makes it fun no matter what else is going on onscreen. Right now I'm a level 22 (out of a maximum 50) and have an absolute TON to see more in the game. The game takes place entirely in Eriador for the time being, so I've been running around Bree, the Barrow-Downs, the Lone Lands and Weathertop, The Old Forest, The Shire, etc. Later on I'll get to Rivendell and whatnot....

I have three more days to decide whether I'm going to purchase the "lifetime" option of the game or not (as an early member, we had the option of doing
    $9.99 per month instead of $14.99 per month, OR a one time charge of $199 for a lifetime membership).

• white and nerdy

Quote Originally Posted by Chernabog View Post

I have three more days to decide whether I'm going to purchase the "lifetime" option of the game or not (as an early member, we had the option of doing
    $9.99 per month instead of $14.99 per month, OR a one time charge of $199 for a lifetime membership).
    Wow... that's not a bad deal really.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• Imagine If.

As an ex WoW player I think I will have to pass this one up just because it sounds so much alike to WoW and its hard to break the addiction I think I will wait for POTC online to come out

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast