Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

05/21/07 - Yavn Speaks Update!

5/21 – UPDATE! It's time for another edition of Yavn Speaks, this week some major VMK news so fasten your seat belts.
    You Came and You Played
    I hope you're enjoying the new Pirates of the Caribbean Quest, and the rewards of multiple Quest completion – we've had a lot of fun creating these in-Park Quests but as the old saying goes, all good things must come to an end… so it's with a heartfelt sigh that I announce the in-Park Questing portion of VMK will be ending at Disneyland on June 3rd, 2007. Yep, when the Park closes on Sunday night, June 3rd, VMK Central will close and no longer redeem any Quest or distribute Rewards.
    So hold on, before you start sending me and the Walt Disney Company hate mail, let me explain why this is happening. First of all, I'm sure many of you will remember the VMK Tour, the Fantasyland Quest and other VMK in-Park Quest and Rewards – then you'll remember that we've continued to change the way the program has run over time. Secondly, the in-Park Quest and Rewards were only meant to be temporary – in fact, we've gone well beyond the original time we planned to run the Quest and Rewards in-Park at Disneyland.
    The game is still enormously successful and continues to run strong – and you'll still be able to Quest in-Park at Walt Disney World – but VMK, like Disneyland and our other Parks is constantly changing. Our thanks go out to all the Players and Cast Members that have supported the program over the last few years – and remember we will still continue the in-Park Quest and Rewards program at Walt Disney World.
    I'm sure you have questions, that's why I've prepared this handy Q&A:
    Why is this happening?
    VMK was launched for the 50th Anniversary of Disneyland. The game has been enormously successful but the in-Park Quest and Rewards were only meant to be temporary – we've gone well beyond the original time we planned to run the Quest and Rewards in-Park at Disneyland.
    Can I turn in Quest to Disneyland after VMK Central is gone?
    No.
    Can I take my Disneyland Quest to Walt Disney World?
    No. Walt Disney World doesn't have the same rewards or a system in place to take the Disneyland Quest.
    When is the last day I can play or redeem a Quest at Disneyland?
    The last day you can play or redeem a Quest at Disneyland is June 3rd.
    So I won't be able to get any more VMK Cards at Disneyland?
    The regular Reward Cards that you receive as prizes for completing Quest won't be available after June 3rd, but there will still be select merchandise locations (like The Magic Shop on Main Street) that will have merchandise cards (like the Magic Mirror) available at those locations. Look for more announcements related to this program in the future.
    Does this mean VMK is going to end?
    No. The game continues going strong – and we've got some exciting additions coming in the next few months – so stay tuned! Plus, you can still go Questing in-Park at Walt Disney World.
    Your Comments – Answered
    Did you notice that the reward for the print-from-home Tomorrowland Quest, the Inner-Space Suit Magic Spell is now non-tradable? Or how about that you can now nominate a Best Game/Quest or Guest Room? Just click Contact Us (located at the bottom of any VMK webpage) follow the prompts, and then select 'Nominate the Best' from the list of options. These are changes we making in response to your suggestions to make VMK better!
    I should also remind you that we're still deleting accounts – so if you've got a VMK account that hasn't been played in a while, you should log on to keep the account active. Once we delete accounts there's no way we can recover your character or your stuff, so stay connected and keep your account VMK live.
    One more thing to mention – we aren't taking any applications for Community Leaders right now. If you see a new Community Leader that application came from a pool of applications that were taken before we stopped taking CL applications.
    *END UPDATE*

I wonder if this is the newsletter?

• Circle of Ancients

Re: 05/21/07 - Yavn Speaks Update!

this is an outrage
    Angels Fan, born and raised.
    Come on you Galaxy.

• Smile, It's Free!

That sucks for those that go to DLR.
    But I supose DLR gets stitch, they cant get everything.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by opherrichards View Post
    That sucks for those that go to DLR.
    But I supose DLR gets stitch, they cant get everything.
    only if you book a hotel there.... and its a lot of $$. i think most who go to DL stay off site.
    Angels Fan, born and raised.
    Come on you Galaxy.

• I'll pencil this in later

Im mad..Hmph!

• Senior Minion

I'm surprised they took out the quests. Although I've never been there, I've liked having the items. XD
    Although, I'm veryy excited we can now vote for Best rooms.

• String Theory q:

Quote Originally Posted by skateprincesariel View Post
    I'm surprised they took out the quests. Although I've never been there, I've liked having the items. XD
    Although, I'm veryy excited we can now vote for Best rooms.
    Yea

Im sad that disneyland is coming to an end, but DisneyWorld still lives! I had fun with disneyland, since it was the only one I could go to, but all things come to an end. I hope some of you will not restrict yourself from not going to Disneyland, because there is no VMK central there.

Thanks to Mihawk, Piinoy, cyre, Midien, dance, uhm.. and alot of people!

• Senior Minion

I think it would only be fair to end the VMK quest kiosks at both parks. Why would they do it at one and not the other??? So not fair. If that's the case then maybe I'll be leaving VMK.

• Woot!

Quote Originally Posted by TikiRoomLiz View Post
    I think it would only be fair to end the VMK quest kiosks at both parks. Why would they do it at one and not the other??? So not fair. If that's the case then maybe I'll be leaving VMK.
    yeah me too, why would they end it at one place and not the other. are they trying to limit the cards or something.

dont leave tiki!!!
    *Thecoolestaw*

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Sorry to hear that for the Disneyland folks, I suppose I am going to have to save all my used tickets because I'll be getting a lot more items for people at WDW. :/

• Purple Crates ♥

wow. wow. wow :O

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

Quote Originally Posted by KangarooPocket View Post
    I hope some of you will not restrict yourself from not going to Disneyland, because there is no VMK central there.
    I'll be one of those. I'm not going to stop going completely, but it will take some new compelling thing (like maybe the holiday celebrations) to get me to come back, at which time I'll renew all our APs and start going again. It's good to have a break from Disney, Disney, Disney. With VMK quests, waiting to renew would have been unthinkable to my kids. Now? Thinkable.

VMK had turned our family from Disney fans to Disney fanatics. This change will be good for us.
    Fight On! Beat the Huskers!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
    The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

• Why can't you tune a fish

It's just a game, and a free game at that.

What about all the players that live long distances or cannot afford to go to either DLR or WDW - was this ever "fair" to them?

Look at it this way. It's a free game. Card cost money, Cast members cost money, the retail space that VMK central takes up is lost income.

I am suprised it has lasted this long.

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Look at it this way. It's a free game. Card cost money, Cast members cost money, the retail space that VMK central takes up is lost income.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch. I've paid Disneyland handsomely to feed my family's VMK habits.
    Fight On! Beat the Huskers!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
    The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

• I am number 4 of 999

It doesn't make sense that they "only had the kiosks to celebrate the 50th", but now it'll only be availible at Disney World? Seriously, makes no sense.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast