Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

vmk gone from DL.. how could this be?

i for one am very shocked and angry. the only reason i have stuff in vmk is bc i got a DLR pumpkin and Holiday quests and that started my trading. i started bc i saw the inpark quests and tried to do them. i looked on the back and thought it might be a cool game. now im not so sure what im gonna do...

what does everyone else think about this?
    Angels Fan, born and raised.
    Come on you Galaxy.

• May the F=ma be with you

Re: vmk gone from DL.. how could this be?

I think that TWDC is finally getting their act together and scaling down VMK.

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by WDW Monorail View Post
    I think that TWDC is finally getting their act together and scaling down VMK.
    yes but if this were entirely true then wouldn't they close vmk central in WDW to?
    Angels Fan, born and raised.
    Come on you Galaxy.

• Smile, It's Free!

In-park quests were probably originally put in place to promote and advertise VMK. However now VMK has many many players and the servers are becoming stressed this advertising isnt needed in both parks.

• I'll pencil this in later

What?! It's Gone?! When Did This Happen?!

• I am dragon hear me roar!

I am speechless.

Wait, no I'm not...but what I want to say wouldn't be appropriate on a Disney site.

I just know that my trips to DLR won't be as frequent anymore.

^hah! that's what I'm thinking Dragon.. my little sisters will be happy. they are always like "Rayyy do we have to go to that kiosk *AGAIN*" lol.. i must go every trip. im sad .

• String Theory q:

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovevmk! View Post
    ^hah! that's what I'm thinking Dragon.. my little sisters will be happy. they are always like "Rayyy do we have to go to that kiosk *AGAIN*" lol.. i must go every trip. im sad .
    Count one more in... It's for a good cause I hope some of you would not decide not to go to disneyland, because there is no VMK central. That would be even sader...

Also, we dont know that they might open DL for VMK again! We can hope!

Thanks to Mihawk, Piinoy, cyre, Midien, dance, uhm.. and alot of people!

I dont understand why they have done this as I thought having in-park quests was a marketing thing to get people to visit the parks more often as they would want stuff for vmk, so I dont really see the point in vmk if they are taking these away as it doesnt help disney as much if you get what I mean.

• I am dragon hear me roar!

It's not that I'm going to stop going to the park, I just won't be going every week or every other week. I hang out at VMK Central and a number of those cast members that work the booth have become friends. If the kiosk is being shut down, it makes me wonder if the "Cave" and "Western" rooms will be shutting down too. If that's the case, no longer any point in going to DLR just to hang out really. I might as well stay home and log on from there.

And if that's the case, they're losing my money that I end up spending on pins every time I go (as well as a couple friends who usually go with me). Only reason I buy them is because I happen to be there.

Roar!

• String Theory q:

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDragonErin View Post
    It's not that I'm going to stop going to the park, I just won't be going every week or every other week. I hang out at VMK Central and a number of those cast members that work the booth have become friends. If the kiosk is being shut down, it makes me wonder if the "Cave" and "Western" rooms will be shutting down too. If that's the case, no longer any point in going to DLR just to hang out really. I might as well stay home and log on from there.

And if that's the case, they're losing my money that I end up spending on pins every time I go (as well as a couple friends who usually go with me). Only reason I buy them is because I happen to be there.

Roar!
    Yea... There has to be a reason! I wonder what the reason is... Everything has a consequence.

Thanks to Mihawk, Piinoy, cyre, Midien, dance, uhm.. and alot of people!

• q:-)

Personally I don't mind. I've never done an in-park quest and have still had a lot of fun in VMK. I don't plan on going to DL anytime soon anyway. So it doesn't really matter to me, but I can understand others' points of view.

• Senior Minion

I'm thinking about quitting VMK because of this. I enjoyed the in-park stuff quite a bit ... and that was the main thing that got me going.

• May the F=ma be with you

You ask for a reason?
    Here is one, TWDC does not make any profit from the VMK game. Why should they staff areas of the park that require daily maintenance and other operational expenses that do not bring in a profit. Whether you like it or not, Disney is a business. They have been in it for over 55 years now and they are the best of the best when it comes to business, they do it right.

Another reason is that Disney came up with a better exposition of their product for this area.

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

Quote Originally Posted by WDW Monorail View Post
    You ask for a reason?
    Here is one, TWDC does not make any profit from the VMK game. Why should they staff areas of the park that require daily maintenance and other operational expenses that do not bring in a profit. Whether you like it or not, Disney is a business. They have been in it for over 55 years now and they are the best of the best when it comes to business, they do it right.

Another reason is that Disney came up with a better exposition of their product for this area.
    Yes, but.. then why not close down WDW's kiosk as well?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast