Thread: Vmk @ Wdw

•   
    • Senior Minion

Question Vmk @ Wdw

So I'm VERY upset and sad that VMK will be leaving my beloved Disneyland ... so VERY VERY SAD!

But, since I'm single with no kids ... and have a pretty decent job to boot I'm thinking of just heading over to WDW for weekends to get the VMK stuff. I'm thinking that it will be around for a while longer at WDW because they just came out with the Mickey furniture series.

I have never been to WDW, so I'm still a bit unsure about how the whole park thing works. I know there are different parks, but I am under the assumption that the VMK booth is at a specific one. I'm also thinking of purchasing an AP for WDW - do I just buy one for that park or is there one for each park??? Would anyone be willing to let me sleep over their place so I can save some money ... LOL (I'm laughing ... but I'm serious)???

My trips would be leaving Los Angeles on early Friday, VMK on Saturday and head back home on Sunday. Would I be better off just staying at the park in this case?

• 333: I'm only half evil!!

Blog Entries

Re: Vmk @ Wdw

VMK Central is at MK on Main Street. There are 4 parks-MK, Epcot, MGM Studios and Animal Kingdom. AP you can get it with just the 4 parks or you can add the water parks as well. There are some relatively cheap hotels around the area. A lot of them offer shuttle service to the parks. I stay with Holiday Inn all the time bc I'm a member of Priority Club and for each night I stay I earn points for every dollar I spend on room rates towards free nights. You can check out Priority Club here http://www.priorityclub.com
    AP Holder.
    Stay at home mom of 4 - Austin, Tyler, Sierra and Ashlyn.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by TikiRoomLiz View Post
    So I'm VERY upset and sad that VMK will be leaving my beloved Disneyland ... so VERY VERY SAD!

But, since I'm single with no kids ... and have a pretty decent job to boot I'm thinking of just heading over to WDW for weekends to get the VMK stuff. I'm thinking that it will be around for a while longer at WDW because they just came out with the Mickey furniture series.

I have never been to WDW, so I'm still a bit unsure about how the whole park thing works. I know there are different parks, but I am under the assumption that the VMK booth is at a specific one. I'm also thinking of purchasing an AP for WDW - do I just buy one for that park or is there one for each park??? Would anyone be willing to let me sleep over their place so I can save some money ... LOL (I'm laughing ... but I'm serious)???

My trips would be leaving Los Angeles on early Friday, VMK on Saturday and head back home on Sunday. Would I be better off just staying at the park in this case?
    Regarding questions your more than welcome to ask any of us or me, I'm sure there are plenty of local MCers that can answer your questions.

But to cover your first set.

I'm also thinking of purchasing an AP for WDW - do I just buy one for that park or is there one for each park???
    There a 2 types of AP's for you:

Regular: Covers all 4 parks and includes parking, no other discounts.
    Premium: Covers all 4 parks, includes parking AND Disney Quest and the water parks

Would anyone be willing to let me sleep over their place so I can save some money ... LOL (I'm laughing ... but I'm serious)???
    And certainely you can stay at my house, just remember I'm an hour and 20 minutes away so that might not be practical. I do however have a free workout room, pool and jacuzzi.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

ACtually, the regular annual pass offers discounts on merchandise in the Downtown Disney Martketplace, Mini golf, tours, and watercraft rentals too. It also entitles you to join the Disney Dining Experience for $75 a year, whcih offers 20% discounts on most table service restaurants in WDW parks and resorts, including alcohol. If there is no full service restaurant at your resort, it covers that resort's food court instead.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

•   
    • Senior Minion

Thanks for the information so far folks. Now I'm just wondering what would be better ... a Magic Your Way (MYW) ticket or an AP (getting regular AP, since I just want to go to the four parks). I read in the WDW for DLR vets sticky that the MYW ticket is good for as many days you purchase and they do not have to be consecutive.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    ACtually, the regular annual pass offers discounts on merchandise in the Downtown Disney Martketplace, Mini golf, tours, and watercraft rentals too. It also entitles you to join the Disney Dining Experience for $75 a year, whcih offers 20% discounts on most table service restaurants in WDW parks and resorts, including alcohol. If there is no full service restaurant at your resort, it covers that resort's food court instead.
    See, I totally forgot about those things.

Thanks for the information so far folks. Now I'm just wondering what would be better ... a Magic Your Way (MYW) ticket or an AP (getting regular AP, since I just want to go to the four parks). I read in the WDW for DLR vets sticky that the MYW ticket is good for as many days you purchase and they do not have to be consecutive.
    Sort of, you have to pay for the days to be nonexpiring, and that's extra. If you just get a regular MYW ticket, it's usually just for the amount of days your there. I "think" it expires within 2 weeks or something like that.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Sort of, you have to pay for the days to be nonexpiring, and that's extra. If you just get a regular MYW ticket, it's usually just for the amount of days your there. I "think" it expires within 2 weeks or something like that.
    Ah ... so a regular AP would be what I'm getting then. I know it will be busy and probably hot ... but I'll be going in July or August. Can't wait ... thinking of staying for two days just to check out MK.

Tiki,

Any time you want someone to "show you around" WDW, let me know! I wish I lived close enough to go all the time or had enough money. I live in Virginia, but go down to WDW twice a year. We were supposed to move to that area when my husband retired from the Navy, but stayed here instead. Now I have to wait until we can actually retire to move.

• May the F=ma be with you

Since you will only be there for 1 full day, I would highly recomend getting to MK for rope drop and head straight to VMK Central. You can then do the quests and such but you can head over to another park later in the afternoon (preferably EPCOT).
    Also keep in mind that you must go to AK for the Thrill Seekers Quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

• 1stOfficial Rider on Nemo

I thought the Dining Experience did not include 20% off of alcohol, if it does now, I guess I am joining back up!

• Why can't you tune a fish

Unless they changed it from last year, even if there IS a table service at your resort, you still get it at the food court.

i used mine last October at the PO-R food court all the time.

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Abominable View Post
    I thought the Dining Experience did not include 20% off of alcohol, if it does now, I guess I am joining back up!

Oh you better believe it does. It also works at the poolside bars

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

If you get an AP make sure you check to see if they are offering AP rates on any of the rooms.

Since you are going in and out quickly, it may be worth it if you can pick up an on-property room at a discount. You will not get it as cheaply as some off property, but when you factor in time, EMH, and shuttle/taxi/rental car, it starts to look pretty good.

-dave