Thread: VMKode

• Know More Than You Should

Lost In Tanslation: The VMK Dictionary

No that I'm one for breaking the rules... but as Kevin Yee pointed out in his article today, there are creative ways around the VMK dictionary. What ones have you come up with?

First of all numbers, not allowed. Some people like to use roman numerals, or just one "I" for every 1. Here's what I came up with:

1 - Won

2 - Too

3 - Tree

4 - For

5 - Hive

6 - Kicks

7 - Sever

8 - Ate

9 - Fine

10 - Men

11 - Won Teen

12 - Too Teen

20 - Too Tea

21 - Too Won

22 - Too Too

30 - Tree Tea

40 - For Tea

50 - Hive Tea

60 - Kicks Tee

70 - Sever Tee

80 - Ate Tea

90 - Fine Tea

100 - Won Hun Dread

200 - Too Hun Drea

1000 - Men Dread Dread

You get the idea... I don't know, a moderator would probably catch one pretty quick though.
    Last edited by Club 33; 06-22-2005 at 10:36 AM.

• Banned User

VMK Staff know most of these.. and some words might go away if they are used for numbers by everyone.
    Last edited by figment1986; 07-10-2006 at 01:08 AM.

• Singing Drinker

It's already happening - "won" is gone.

I don't know how far they'll go to block numbers. I'd mused on a previous board about what would happen if code ascended to the level that entire Disney-necessary phrases were used - "I love Space Mountain" for 100,000 and such. Would they ban these fairly necessary phrases just to keep the numbers ban gone?

Oh - Kevin wondered if they were watching all rooms. According to VMK CMs, ALL chat is logged. If they have any reason to read over a certain time, you'll be caught if you misbehave.

Well its simple why they want to block numbers, to keep people for sharing addresses and phone numbers. And I agree with their reasoning for the rather strict dictionary, but its always going to be a little difficult for the people who just want to have an honest conversation or play a gam. I think the dictionary will get better with time, there's still a few kinks to be had, but thats why its still BETA.

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch
    Oh - Kevin wondered if they were watching all rooms. According to VMK CMs, ALL chat is logged. If they have any reason to read over a certain time, you'll be caught if you misbehave.
    I can't find it now but here was a thread on a board about VMK and two people that got banned for two hours, which then supposedly turned into a 15 year ban because they were having cybersex. The got around the dictionary by saying things like 'sit on my face' apparently the culprits were joking around and were in a guest room by themselves when they got the message that they had been banned for two hours. They had screen shot of this part but not of the ban turning into a permanent ban.

So just watch what you say, after all if is directed towards tweens not us Disney Fanatic adults.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnie
    I can't find it now but here was a thread on a board about VMK and two people that got banned for two hours, which then supposedly turned into a 15 year ban because they were having cybersex. The got around the dictionary by saying things like 'sit on my face' apparently the culprits were joking around and were in a guest room by themselves when they got the message that they had been banned for two hours. They had screen shot of this part but not of the ban turning into a permanent ban.

So just watch what you say, after all if is directed towards tweens not us Disney Fanatic adults.
    That was in Kevin's article yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Club 33
    That was in Kevin's article yesterday.
    Duh, thats why I couldn't find the thread about it. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnie
    Duh, thats why I couldn't find the thread about it. Thanks.
    You're very welcome. I can't even remember how many threads I've forgotten about when I remember them. Wait...