Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

• Golden State of Mind

Xbox 360 or PS3?

Ok so i'm going crazy here trying to decide which one i want! For my birthday i am either going to get the Xbox 360 or the Play Station 3. I have been on multiple web pages searching and reading up, i have till Friday to decide, but maybe you guys could help me make a decision. What special features jump out at you that would make you pick one? HELP!!! A lot of the "experts" have been saying the 360 but i know that if anyone knew it would be my micechat family.
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Re: Xbox 360 or PS3?

WWWWWWWWiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Golden State of Mind

hahahaha as much as i would love to be a Wiitard i think the choices were ps3 or 360

Quote Originally Posted by Master Gracie View Post
    hahahaha as much as i would love to be a Wiitard i think the choices were ps3 or 360
    WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Senior Minion

I'd get both, but that's just me ... LOL! I'd say look at which system has the games you like, or know you'd like. Sure, the 360 has lots of fancy bells and whistles, but what good is that if you aren't going to play it?

I say just go with the game library and you can't go wrong. For me I like more of the PS3 games - so I'd go with PS3.

• Golden State of Mind

Quote Originally Posted by TikiRoomLiz View Post
    I'd get both, but that's just me ... LOL! I'd say look at which system has the games you like, or know you'd like. Sure, the 360 has lots of fancy bells and whistles, but what good is that if you aren't going to play it?

I say just go with the game library and you can't go wrong. For me I like more of the PS3 games - so I'd go with PS3.

true very true, but i ve noticed that obviously they are going to have a lot of the same game titles and on the 360 the graphics are better. The PS3 has a limited game library at the moment as well

thanks for the help keep em coming

• This space for rent

I'm def no expert esp in the area of the 3 current generation consoles.

I personally am going to get a 360 bcause I have a Media Center PC and want to take advantage of the compatiblity of the 2. Another reason I'm leaning towards the 360 is Xbox Live was solid and I never had any problems with it when I owned an Xbox and it has alot more features now. Some other reasons for the 360 choice for me is that there are alot more games for it ,which to me means alot of good older games for it have already taken a price reduction.

It's all up to you and your preferences, I'm not trying to tell you which you should get, just sharing with you the reasons the 360 will be my next system.

• Golden State of Mind

Quote Originally Posted by Baghira View Post
    I'm def no expert esp in the area of the 3 current generation consoles.

I personally am going to get a 360 bcause I have a Media Center PC and want to take advantage of the compatiblity of the 2. Another reason I'm leaning towards the 360 is Xbox Live was solid and I never had any problems with it when I owned an Xbox and it has alot more features now. Some other reasons for the 360 choice for me is that there are alot more games for it ,which to me means alot of good older games for it have already taken a price reduction.

It's all up to you and your preferences, I'm not trying to tell you which you should get, just sharing with you the reasons the 360 will be my next system.
    nice i appreciate it! just one question now its not really a big deal but for the Xbox you have to pay for online use and on PS3 it just comes with it right? Now i am just wondering because people have told me Xbox Live is better but why is it so much better?

• off in lala land

I recently got a 360 for my Birthday (about 2 months ago). I wanted a 360 because of its vast game library, Xbox Live capability and the in-game achievements that are in multiple games. So – my opinion will be biased.

Systems
    The 360 currently has 3 systems on the shelves, the Core, Premium and Elite. The Core doesn’t have a HDD, and for the extra $100 I’d say go for the Premium since it comes with the 20 GB HDD and wireless controller. Those two options are $99 and $49 respectively. The Elite has the new 120 GB HDD and HDMI hookups in the back, so the toss up is really between the Premium and Elite and the big selling factor is the GB HDD and HDMI. Unfortunately, the 360 does not come with the HD-DVD (sold separately), which is one plus the PS3’s built in Blue-Ray reader has over the 360.

Games
    Since 360 has been out for some time, there have been a number of titles currently distributed. Along with that benefit, lots of these titles have seen a number of price reductions, so you can get some great games for about $30.00. Since there is a variety of games (over 180 I believe), you can find a genre you enjoy. With Xbox Live, lots of titles have playable demos, so you get a good idea of what the game is like before you spend the money.

Xbox Live
    Your 360 will come with a basic Silver membership and a free trial for a one month Gold, but you can upgrade to the Gold at any time ($50.00 a year). Gold is available in annual, quarterly or monthly installments, depending what your budget allows.

Xbox Live recently received a service upgrade, so there is new blade added to the Xbox menu which gives you access directly to the Xbox marketplace. In the Marketplace, you have access to TV shows, Movie trailers, Game Trailers, and Game Demos. These are all downloadable to your HDD on your 360 – and they can be deleted anytime you are done with them. With the summer movie season coming up, I have downloaded and watched a number of movie trailers already. It’s a great cost savings tool..

360 is also great because if you don't feel like getting involved in a long drawn out game, you can play the Arcade games (purchase is required for some games). Again, demos are available for the Arcade games, and you can download the full versions if you like.

Be sure you take an in-depth look at the PS3 as well. Since I don’t have one, I can not comment on it’s features, but best to do your homework on it to make sure you get a game system you are happy with.
    ...it's been a long time.

• Golden State of Mind

^ wow thanks that helps a bunch!!!

Remaining Questions

The wireless controllers? is it a hassel to recharge them if you do have to re charge them?

Xbox Silver?

Does anyone here have a PS3?

• off in lala land

Remaining Questions

The wireless controllers? is it a hassel to recharge them if you do have to re charge them?
    The controllers are not a hassle to charge, you have the option of getting rechargable packs or the packs that take 2 double AA batteries. Since I play the 360 alone often, I usually always have a pack charged and ready to go. There are several charging stations available including a USB charging station and one that directly connects to your Xbox controller.
    Xbox Silver?
    Xbox live has two membership levels - Silver and Gold. The Silver is free and available for everyone, the Xbox Gold is a pay for service and allows unlimited access to the Xbox live community.

If you are seriously considering the 360, i highly recommend visiting the 360 page: www.xbox.com/live and click on Membership Levels

I am sure someone in this group should.
    ...it's been a long time.

• Minion

If you're going for overall thrills, I'd say PS3.

But, the 360 is on fire right NOW. Lots of great games, and a good variety of genres, as opposed to Nintendo whose games are still within the mini-game style, and Sony whose powerhouse titles haven't been released yet. Xbox Live is awesome, and is superior to every other online gaming setup.

Ideally, you should get both, but for right now, I'd say go with the 360.

Remaining Questions

Xbox Silver?

You can ask SoulQ...he knows everything about Sony.

EDIT: Spoke too soon, he already responded.

• Golden State of Mind

thats what all the ps3 guys are saying. Wait till the big names come out and PS3 will on top. Now if you had only one choice you could only get one which would it be?

• Iron-Clad Allie

Xbox 360 pees all over PS3.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast