Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Chickapin Hill
    Posts
    10,907
    Blog Entries
    6

    Haunted Mansion Stretch Room.

    I was just waiting for the ghost to come to get NPCs, and i thought to myself, why call this the Haunted Mansion stretch room at all? We all know that the Stretch room has "no windows, and no doors," yet I count 5 doors in the walls, plus the 2 entrances to other rooms. Personally, I think the designers messes up with this big time. Even if you have to keep the entrances and exits, you could say that they were the entrance from the foyer and the exit into the load area of the ride, which appears when you enter and exit the stretch room from the walls, why add all those doors in the room along the walls? Makes no sense to me.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!










  2. #2

    • Disney Dreams
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    .....
    Posts
    4,129

    Re: Haunted Mansion Stretch Room.

    Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    I was just waiting for the ghost to come to get NPCs, and i thought to myself, why call this the Haunted Mansion stretch room at all? We all know that the Stretch room has "no windows, and no doors," yet I count 5 doors in the walls, plus the 2 entrances to other rooms. Personally, I think the designers messes up with this big time. Even if you have to keep the entrances and exits, you could say that they were the entrance from the foyer and the exit into the load area of the ride, which appears when you enter and exit the stretch room from the walls, why add all those doors in the room along the walls? Makes no sense to me.
    Good Point! Just as you said, there's "no windows or doors", yet there appear to be many - I guess the little details don't count anymore... nice observation though


  3. #3

    • 333: I'm only half evil!!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    upstate NY
    Posts
    6,374
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Haunted Mansion Stretch Room.

    Quote Originally Posted by WDWGirl View Post
    Good Point! Just as you said, there's "no windows or doors", yet there appear to be many - I guess the little details don't count anymore... nice observation though
    lol i guess they don't count!! That stinks that it isn't more accurate!!
    AP Holder.
    Stay at home mom of 4 - Austin, Tyler, Sierra and Ashlyn.



  4. #4

    • String Theory q:
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    ___ ____
    Posts
    3,016

    Re: Haunted Mansion Stretch Room.

    Quote Originally Posted by TobyKeithRules View Post
    lol i guess they don't count!! That stinks that it isn't more accurate!!
    That stinks! They need to count better!


    Thanks to Mihawk, Piinoy, cyre, Midien, dance, uhm.. and alot of people!

  5. #5

    • Disney Dreams
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    .....
    Posts
    4,129

    Re: Haunted Mansion Stretch Room.

    Quote Originally Posted by KangarooPocket View Post
    That stinks! They need to count better!
    LOL They do - Now that Yoyo pointed this out, it's almost funny how COMPLETELY OFF they were in creating the room... wow


  6. #6

    • Purple Crates ♥
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Boca Raton, FL for another year :(
    Posts
    3,951

    Re: Haunted Mansion Stretch Room.

    good call.

  7. #7

    • Jambo!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Harambe
    Posts
    1,339

    Re: Haunted Mansion Stretch Room.

    Well it does have the stretching room portraits (Even one is in there twice)... of course they also have the dueling portraits from the Ballroom in there too.


  8. #8

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Chickapin Hill
    Posts
    10,907
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Haunted Mansion Stretch Room.

    True about the portraits. I could also say something about the two levels of the stretch room, but the windows and doors thing is what really bothers me.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!










  9. #9

    • Why can't you tune a fish
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NE New Jersey - Yeah thats the place
    Posts
    2,338

    Re: Haunted Mansion Stretch Room.

    Is VMK an accurate representation of anything? The emporium looks nothing like what it does in VMK. Neither does the Jungle Cruse dock, or for that matter any of the rooms along the Jungle Cruse.

    Yes, I see you point that the extra doors are just that - extra, they could just have easily been left off. But really, VMK is not a carbon copy of reality and I can take little "defects" such as this with a grain of salt.

    -dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

  10. #10

    • I was deleted.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    13,187

    Re: Haunted Mansion Stretch Room.

    Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    "no windows, and no doors," yet I count 5 doors in the walls, plus the 2 entrances to other rooms.
    I'm not sure about MK, but Disneyland has four windows and two doors. Or at least so I'm told.

    This is a good point though!

  11. #11

    • He Gets The Job Done
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Tustin
    Posts
    8,153
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Haunted Mansion Stretch Room.

    isn't the stretching room a chamber? So really it doesn't mat... please look at the time I posted this and tell me I don't make any sense... very Nice!


  12. #12

    • Disney Dreams
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    .....
    Posts
    4,129

    Re: Haunted Mansion Stretch Room.

    Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Is VMK an accurate representation of anything? The emporium looks nothing like what it does in VMK. Neither does the Jungle Cruse dock, or for that matter any of the rooms along the Jungle Cruse.

    Yes, I see you point that the extra doors are just that - extra, they could just have easily been left off. But really, VMK is not a carbon copy of reality and I can take little "defects" such as this with a grain of salt.

    -dave
    You're right - VMK isn't really accurate with many rooms - the Emporium is a great example! But I personally wouldn't have noticed the Stretching room defects in a million years. I hardly ever go there except for NPC credits, so I don't even focus much on the background!


Similar Threads

  1. Looking for Haunted Mansion Room Code
    By petitetrianon in forum Disney Interactive and Game Industry Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-26-2007, 10:20 PM
  2. Haunted mansion room
    By danceguest in forum Disney Interactive and Game Industry Discussion
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 09-30-2006, 08:12 AM
  3. Looking for Haunted Mansion Room, and Pirate Prison Room codes
    By WDWGirl in forum Disney Interactive and Game Industry Discussion
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-17-2006, 04:30 PM
  4. Looking for Haunted Mansion Room Code
    By ThinkTink in forum Disney Interactive and Game Industry Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-07-2006, 04:09 PM
  5. haunted mansion room
    By BFJen in forum Disney Interactive and Game Industry Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-08-2006, 12:58 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •