• Singing Drinker

VMK - Update, 06/22/05

VMK updated before opening today, and there are several changes.

New mail alert sound has been added.
    When you open a person's pin/sig screen (by clicking on them), it puts a small arrow over their head.

Shops have been changed. First, many colors are no longer available - for example, most of the turnstile colors are now gone. Second, a new "specials" tab is added on. This has items not included in the main inventory, and presumably will be used for limited-time only items. If so, this will create a nice spike in the trader's market, which they seem to be working on lately. Finally, prices changed on many items. Most went up, a few went down.

A new area is present in Adventureland - Discovery Island. This area seems to be showing off the three new magic pins that will be available through codes you can get through the sponsor's product - Kellog's Cereal. No news yet as to what cereals you'll need to buy, but the spell effects can be seen by going here, picking up a piece of treasure, and then walking the plank for the spell you want.

The Guest Room turnstile item has been changed back - most recently, your character had to walk directly to the item in order to open or close it. It's gone back to being able to toggle just by double clicking. *EDIT* Game crashed on me earlier, now it's back to the character walking to the item to activate.

STREET PARTY MUSIC GAME: Some new graphics in the area, and a new scroller on top of the play stand that shows song title and mixer as you play. This takes the place of the previous (somewhat annoying) popup that gave the same information.

In the mixer itself, they've added the "ok" and "cancel" buttons in to the delete process. Previously both were the same default button.

CASTLE FIREWORKS GAME:
    Previously, the idea was to time the fireworks by the rate of flashing before they vanished. The closer to vanishing the firework was, the better the score with the two best categories being "Awesome" and "Flawless". This is still mostly the same, but now at the end of the arc the firework will quickly turn into a star before vanishing. It changes shortly before the end of the "awesome" time period, so it's a nice way to judge timing.

I've also heard something happening with the in-game Mickey hats, but haven't seen anything personally.

Anything else?
    Last edited by BogLurch; 06-22-2005 at 07:25 PM.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries
    FYI, the last issue of the Disney Magazine had a code for 500 credits in it...

For those too lazy to get it...

QNEL-NTBW-KLDU-GB2C

Have Fun!
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Banned User

New Magic and room avaliable by code.. find them in marked packages of cirial.. Kelloggs brand...

• Know More Than You Should

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer
    FYI, the last issue of the Disney Magazine had a code for 500 credits in it...

For those too lazy to get it...

QNEL-NTBW-KLDU-GB2C

Have Fun!

*Runs to get Disney Magazine*

Wait... where is it? I can't find it

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    New Magic and room avaliable by code.. find them in marked packages of cirial.. Kelloggs brand...
    The codes do provide them with some interesting marketing opportunieties.

The code was in the Disney Adventure Magazine, but now I'll have to check my Disney Magazine( is it really the last one?).

• Singing Drinker

It's really the last Disney magazine.

The code given should work for the credit gimme. The only other ones circulating publicly that I've seen are:

"Buried in Gold" magic pin (Kellog's code): kls9-r569-9rjk-clug
    Burgundy VMK Logo shirt (VMK Park Quest reward bracelet): lab9-rr3k-ebsk-b9d3

If those don't work as is, try them in caps lock. Each account should work once per account.

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch
    It's really the last Disney magazine.

The code given should work for the credit gimme. The only other ones circulating publicly that I've seen are:

"Buried in Gold" magic pin (Kellog's code): kls9-r569-9rjk-clug
    Burgundy VMK Logo shirt (VMK Park Quest reward bracelet): lab9-rr3k-ebsk-b9d3

If those don't work as is, try them in caps lock. Each account should work once per account.
    Thanks! Do you work for Disney online or something?

• Singing Drinker

Nope. The Disney magazine shutdown thing was on the outer wrapper for the last mag (they're replacing it with Family magazine or something like that), plus a lot of online sourcing. I was emailed one code by a friend, got another from a few online sources.

Just bored, not employed.

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch
    Nope. The Disney magazine shutdown thing was on the outer wrapper for the last mag (they're replacing it with Family magazine or something like that), plus a lot of online sourcing. I was emailed one code by a friend, got another from a few online sources.

Just bored, not employed.
    I knew it was the last issue and such, I was just wondering about the updates you listed and such. Good job!

• Merry 2014!

fyi, the cereal codes have been de-activated because of early cereal release in some markets and tons of posted codes in various sites. they should be re-activated soon. july probably.

the cereals are: frosted flakes, cinnamon crunchers, rice crispies, apple jacks.
    people seem to have luck finding them in wal-mart and target stores right now. got this infor from vmkfansite.net.
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• Banned User

I have a theory... each box has one code...

so you have to get all 4 boxes to get all 4 codes...

(should be reactivated in July..)

• Minion

Good thing I got the Buried in Gold code entered earlier this morning.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries
    There is a new 500 credit code out....

http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32

ENJOY!
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Singing Drinker

Supposedly Buried in Gold still works - it only came out a few days early, so they're leaving it. The other magic pin that had been released (Pirate Costume) was WAY early, so they're apparently turning the code off until the release is supposed to happen.

It's the joy of time-critical merchandising tie ins. "You want us to keep this stock and NOT sell it for two months? Are you high?"