• Hope&Dream

Does anyone know why.....

when my friend and i asked about 5 CLs to help with the trade 4 of them said they couldn't? (the 5th had a trade lag)

Advatar made by SlitSilver!!!

• Milk does a body good!

Re: Does anyone know why.....

?
    Does expecting the unexpected make the unexpected expected? Oh, my VMK name is
    TipperOfCows and I am a VMK addict!

• String Theory q:

trade lag? I think Ive had trade lag/freeze before. It usually happens to me when doing HUGE trades. Im not sure of the question though. But, I hope I was of some help!

Thanks to Mihawk, Piinoy, cyre, Midien, dance, uhm.. and alot of people!

• Hope&Dream

the q is why did the CLs say they couldn't help with the trade, and yes u were some help ty

• Jambo!

Community Leaders are regular players like you and I, they play games and have friends. So they could have been busy with something else at the time. Yes Community Leaders are there to help if they can, but they won't you ask them to if they are busy elsewhere. Try not to take any offense from it.

• Hope&Dream

ok ty for the help.

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by goofgeek View Post
    Community Leaders are regular players like you and I, they play games and have friends. So they could have been busy with something else at the time. Yes Community Leaders are there to help if they can, but they won't you ask them to if they are busy elsewhere. Try not to take any offense from it.

I tend to feel differently.

If you decided to become a community leader, you decided to do just that. Lead the community.

Now, if there are busy with other CL type things - helping a host, helping another player, etc. then by all means they should finish that. But if they don't want to help because they want to get in another pirates game with their friends, then they do not deserve to be a community leader.

You may not agree with me, but thats how I feel. It how I view it when you decide to take on a volunteer role. And no, I am not a CL, but I am an officer in a fraternial organization I belong to, and before deciding to run for office, I made sure that I would be able to handle the committment I was about to undertake. If I though I would not be able to make every meeting, every event, every "last moment" function, and write for each newsletter, then I would have never ran.

I am not a CL in VMK, but as my kids become more and more involved in it (If they could just stick with one character) I toy with the idea (if it ever opens back up of course) and I would be the same sort of CL as I just described.

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

• I am dragon hear me roar!

I agree with Dave. It always shocks me when I can't help with a trade and ask another CL to help and they respond with a no...not because they are busy but because they don't want to. -_-' Great examples for hte community they are.

• Hope&Dream

We were going to ask you Dragon, but 1 you were in a trade and my friend had to go, and 2 you weren't on when we were ready lOL. I totally agree with you Dave. If i had a chance to become a leader then i would deffinetely apply but i have been ban twice for telling someone the my friends' games room(i was the co-host) to not play with the scoreboards.

• Sarah

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    If you decided to become a community leader, you decided to do just that. Lead the community.

Now, if there are busy with other CL type things - helping a host, helping another player, etc. then by all means they should finish that. But if they don't want to help because they want to get in another pirates game with their friends, then they do not deserve to be a community leader.
    -dave
    I agree as I find it odd that people apply and apply to be leaders.. and when they finally become a leader they are suddenly to busy to helpanyone. I tihnk the leaders shoudl be able to have fun, but i also think they shoudl be there to help instead of playing pirates while a player pleads for someone to help

• you can't scare me :D

Well, alot of people don't even want to be a CL to help people, and just want it for the little CL_ in front of their names.
    formally known as:
    SkateboardP

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    I tend to feel differently.

You may not agree with me, but thats how I feel. It how I view it when you decide to take on a volunteer role. And no, I am not a CL, but I am an officer in a fraternial organization I belong to, and before deciding to run for office, I made sure that I would be able to handle the committment I was about to undertake. If I though I would not be able to make every meeting, every event, every "last moment" function, and write for each newsletter, then I would have never ran.

I am not a CL in VMK, but as my kids become more and more involved in it (If they could just stick with one character) I toy with the idea (if it ever opens back up of course) and I would be the same sort of CL as I just described.

-dave

Especially if there are people who would be great at it like Dave.

• I embrace my insanity.

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    ......And Summer!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by dance_is_life View Post
    ......And Summer!
    Thanks.

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post

Aww shucks. - right back at 'cha too

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony