Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• I am dragon hear me roar!

Re: Poll: Are Staff WILLING to help?

Just some points to ponder...

The FAQs of the newsletter section was updated recently with a better description of who staff is and what they do in the game. One part states..."Also keep in mind the VMK Staff are very, very busy working to keep you safe and make sure VMK runs smoothly..." So, yes, while they are there to help, sometimes they have to weigh the importance of the help being requested. Perhaps you've lost an item to a scammer. While at the same time there is another player who can't leave their room. Which do you think requires the more immediate concern? They can always look back on the logs to find the person who scammed you. But logs don't mean anything when you're stuck unable to go anywhere in the game. Sometimes it's best to consider that there are possibilities that you may not realize keeping staff busy and unable to deal with your issues at the immediate time.

"Community Leaders are experience and enthusiastic players who volunteer their time to help out. A community leader can answer some of your questions about the game and may sometimes organize fun events." That's what it says on the site about a CL. And the e-mail we receive when we become CL's are fairly similar. While we are expected to help when needed and answer questions, no where does it states we are required to. We volunteer our time to help. We don't devote our time to help. There is a difference between a CL and staff. We are not paid, therefore we choose what our priorities are. Just think about the title itself. Community Leader means we are an example to the community to follow. It doesn't say Community Moderator. If it did, then yes, priorities would then fall to making sure we help when asked. Now granted, an ideal CL should help whenever they are asked, but again, think about the other possibilities. Perhaps the CL in question just spent an hour answering questions and now wants some time to spend with their friends or to earn some credits. That is a possibility than many don't think of and yet I've seen it happen time and time again. Nobody really has the right to question the motives and reasonings behind another player. CLs are chosen by staff because they can look back on the logs and see what this player has been up to. It annoys me when other players talk about some CLs saying how they've seen them not doing their job...but really, how long have you been watching them? How many times has this happened? There's a lot of factors that are never considered. It's part of human nature to assume we know more than we actually do just because we've observed what we think is standard behavior. Judgements based on first impressions...

Now I'm not saying anybody is wrong on either side. I'm just saying keep an open mind and don't be quick to judge what a person does and does not do. There's always a chance there's a good reason you've seen what you've seen.

• Yes?

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDragonErin View Post
    "Community Leaders are experience and enthusiastic players who volunteer their time to help out. A community leader can answer some of your questions about the game and may sometimes organize fun events." That's what it says on the site about a CL. And the e-mail we receive when we become CL's are fairly similar. While we are expected to help when needed and answer questions, no where does it states we are required to. We volunteer our time to help. We don't devote our time to help. There is a difference between a CL and staff. We are not paid, therefore we choose what our priorities are. Just think about the title itself. Community Leader means we are an example to the community to follow. It doesn't say Community Moderator. If it did, then yes, priorities would then fall to making sure we help when asked. Now granted, an ideal CL should help whenever they are asked, but again, think about the other possibilities. Perhaps the CL in question just spent an hour answering questions and now wants some time to spend with their friends or to earn some credits. That is a possibility than many don't think of and yet I've seen it happen time and time again. Nobody really has the right to question the motives and reasonings behind another player. CLs are chosen by staff because they can look back on the logs and see what this player has been up to. It annoys me when other players talk about some CLs saying how they've seen them not doing their job...but really, how long have you been watching them? How many times has this happened? There's a lot of factors that are never considered. It's part of human nature to assume we know more than we actually do just because we've observed what we think is standard behavior. Judgements based on first impressions...

Now I'm not saying anybody is wrong on either side. I'm just saying keep an open mind and don't be quick to judge what a person does and does not do. There's always a chance there's a good reason you've seen what you've seen.
    Thank you, dragon! This is the point I was trying to make that others were not understanding...CLs are not required to do anything other than set a good example and have fun with the game along with other players. They may help when they choose to but it is not required of them to help at all times.
    Quote Originally Posted by larasound View Post
    am I the burrito man?

• Sarah

But my point is that even though a CL is not bound to help other than when they just have time, alsmot everyone i talk to who is a CL hs something in their signature that says always here to help or ask me and i will assist. But when yo ask for help the person is suddenly to busy to help as they are playing a pirate game or in a trade room

• <3Girl made for Disney<3

Quote Originally Posted by supersasa93 View Post
    I never said STAFF cause trouble but CL do! My friend was taking part in a trade for stitch and the two players went to a CL for help. They gave the cl all the stuff including the stitch so the leader could pass it on to the right owners. (keep in mind that the 3 people were in trhesame room) this was done as the person offering for stitch had to many items for one trade and wanted a community leader there to watch over the sytitch while she did the multiple trades. The MOMENT the stitch was given to the leader the community leader left the room and got way with the stitch.
    Hard to believe, because CL's were choosen to be long playing Trusted people. If a CL scams someone, report them on the "contact us", and click the choice "A CL is making me feel weary", or whatever it is. They are pretty much losing their "CL" part, and asking for a ban.
    I could be brown
    I could be blue
    I could be violet sky
    I could be hurtful
    I could be purple
    I could be anything you like
    Gotta be green
    Gotta be mean
    Gotta be everything more!
    Why don't you like me?
    Why don't you like me?
    Why don't you walk out the door!

But my point is that even though a CL is not bound to help other than when they just have time, alsmot everyone i talk to who is a CL hs something in their signature that says always here to help or ask me and i will assist. But when yo ask for help the person is suddenly to busy to help as they are playing a pirate game or in a trade room
    maybe its quicker then you think. CLs are also aloud to have fun on VMK, and when you need their help, they might have been in the middle of something, so it is not their fault.When their done, they can help you, it's a little thing called patience
    I could be brown
    I could be blue
    I could be violet sky
    I could be hurtful
    I could be purple
    Gotta be green
    Gotta be mean
    Why don't you like me?
    Why don't you like me?

• Sarah

trust me i reported. but sometimes, no matter how good records the staff keep, people get away with scamming and that one CL did

trust me i reported. but sometimes, no matter how good records the staff keep, people get away with scamming and that one CL did
    you dont know that, unless you stock her down to her house and find her, but i dont think that is necisarry. Staff may have let her off with a warning, by banning her for a little while.
    I could be brown
    I could be blue
    I could be violet sky
    I could be hurtful
    I could be purple
    Gotta be green
    Gotta be mean
    Why don't you like me?
    Why don't you like me?

• Sarah

I think that VMK should be careful with who they assign to be CL because i have multiple friends that have been scammed with the help of a CL. (NOTE: I am not saying all CL are bad; i am friends with alot of good CLS) I know people should have patience and i do... but not when a CL is not doign anything and wont stop to help. LIke i will be lookign for a CL and when i finalyl fidn one they will be in a guest room just chilling out. And when i do need hep it is not like i want them to stay ith me all day helping me. and when i do have a question it only takes on or to seconds to answer

I think that VMK should be careful with who they assign to be CL because i have multiple friends that have been scammed with the help of a CL. (NOTE: I am not saying all CL are bad; i am friends with alot of good CLS) I know people should have patience and i do... but not when a CL is not doign anything and wont stop to help. LIke i will be lookign for a CL and when i finalyl fidn one they will be in a guest room just chilling out. And when i do need hep it is not like i want them to stay ith me all day helping me. and when i do have a question it only takes on or to seconds to answer
    Trust me, staff probably think hours of who should be a CL, and they keep their records, and trust them. Now if they do one mistake, their CL is deleted, so i dont think a CL would take the risk.(also, you should only trade with trusted people, or a CL you know to be completely trustworthy)
    I could be brown
    I could be blue
    I could be violet sky
    I could be hurtful
    I could be purple
    Gotta be green
    Gotta be mean
    Why don't you like me?
    Why don't you like me?

• Sarah

but you said yourself that CL are trustworthy people. Why should people have to worry about pickign a trustworthy CL to help in a trade when all CLs are suppoused to be trusted people?

but you said yourself that CL are trustworthy people. Why should people have to worry about pickign a trustworthy CL to help in a trade when all CLs are suppoused to be trusted people?
    they are all supposed to be trusted, and it was a suggestion, because your saying you know of CLs that have scammed. And you sounded worried, so i wanted to give you an idea.
    I could be brown
    I could be blue
    I could be violet sky
    I could be hurtful
    I could be purple
    Gotta be green
    Gotta be mean
    Why don't you like me?
    Why don't you like me?

• Sarah

lol i am just frustrated that people who are supposed to be trust worthy sometimes are not. I guess it is like life... a virtual world cant stop people from being greedy and wanting more. Well I was worried bc i dont really know who i can trust... just the other day a friend of mine tried to trick me so i dont know what to think if i cant trust a CL

lol i am just frustrated that people who are supposed to be trust worthy sometimes are not. I guess it is like life... a virtual world cant stop people from being greedy and wanting more. Well I was worried bc i dont really know who i can trust... just the other day a friend of mine tried to trick me so i dont know what to think if i cant trust a CL
    most CLs are trustworthy, there are just a few that aren't. CL_DBourque is a trustworthy CL, he has been my friend for a little while, and he has held some items for me, while the other person gave me the offer.
    I could be brown
    I could be blue
    I could be violet sky
    I could be hurtful
    I could be purple
    Gotta be green
    Gotta be mean
    Why don't you like me?
    Why don't you like me?

• Sarah

i know nnot all CLs are bad but it makes me worry about who i can trust. People say find a trustworthy person but how do you know they wont lie? No one really knows until they try or see something happen to someone else

i know nnot all CLs are bad but it makes me worry about who i can trust. People say find a trustworthy person but how do you know they wont lie? No one really knows until they try or see something happen to someone else
    CL_Dizznygrl(still mad that she has my name -.-!!!) is a trusted person, i watched her hold someone's stitch hat, then give it to the other player. And i know it went well because they both thanked her then left.
    I could be brown
    I could be blue
    I could be violet sky
    I could be hurtful
    I could be purple
    Gotta be green
    Gotta be mean
    Why don't you like me?
    Why don't you like me?