Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Sarah

Poll: Are Staff/Community Leaders WILLING to help?

Through experiences ( i have been banned maybe three times) i have NEVER met a Staff, Host, or CL willing to stop what they are doing to help. Weither it be daily problems or haven been banned, CL and Staff never take the time to help. Although there are a few good apples, they are over shadowed by the rest. SO i ask you.... do Staff and community leaders REALLY help? or just cause trouble
    Last edited by supersasa93; 06-19-2007 at 10:47 PM.

• Call Me Larry (:

Re: Poll: Are Staff WILLING to help?

Well here's one thing.. they DON'T cause trouble.. otherwise they wouldn't be staff or CL.

And in my experience, they do help. With the help of the.. HELP button =D

Like.. when I reported someone for a bad act or whatever.. the staff got back to me in like 2ish minutes. through the little "staff message" thing. I'm not sure if its automatic.. but it works. Because they say "we will check it out" and when the person did the bad act again.. they went POOF. Like litterally.. the second later.. POOF.

So yeah, staff does help. =]
    *Made By Allie.

• Sarah

I never said STAFF cause trouble but CL do! My friend was taking part in a trade for stitch and the two players went to a CL for help. They gave the cl all the stuff including the stitch so the leader could pass it on to the right owners. (keep in mind that the 3 people were in trhesame room) this was done as the person offering for stitch had to many items for one trade and wanted a community leader there to watch over the sytitch while she did the multiple trades. The MOMENT the stitch was given to the leader the community leader left the room and got way with the stitch.

• Jambo!

Unfortunately, Community Leaders are technically players as well (though they should be seeting the best example), some tend to carry on without regard depite their slightly heightened status. As for Staff, they are working all the time to make things better, but there is only so many of them in VMK at a time and with an average of about 4000 players in VMK at one time (usually more), it's just almost impossible to be in EVERY place where a complaint is made.

• Call Me Larry (:

Quote Originally Posted by supersasa93 View Post
    I never said STAFF cause trouble but CL do! My friend was taking part in a trade for stitch and the two players went to a CL for help. They gave the cl all the stuff including the stitch so the leader could pass it on to the right owners. (keep in mind that the 3 people were in trhesame room) this was done as the person offering for stitch had to many items for one trade and wanted a community leader there to watch over the sytitch while she did the multiple trades. The MOMENT the stitch was given to the leader the community leader left the room and got way with the stitch.
    No way.. o_o whats the CL's user if you don't mind me asking. Because community leaders are supposed to help..
    Did you report him/her? or anything?

Wow, that totally changes my perspective on CL's IF your story is true. And if it is.. I guess we all have the "sin nature", even Community Leaders.
    *Made By Allie.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Piinoy View Post
    No way.. o_o whats the CL's user if you don't mind me asking. Because community leaders are supposed to help..
    Did you report him/her? or anything?

Wow, that totally changes my perspective on CL's IF your story is true. And if it is.. I guess we all have the "sin nature", even Community Leaders.
    Moderator Note:

Lets keep actual user names out of this discussion. Just like with the threads talking about "scammers" actual names of users will be removed by the moderating team. Without actual proof of what happened in these situations, if you use names you open yourself up to libel and slander accusations.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Sarah

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Moderator Note:

Lets keep actual user names out of this discussion. Just like with the threads talking about "scammers" actual names of users will be removed by the moderating team. Without actual proof of what happened in these situations, if you use names you open yourself up to libel and slander accusations.
    wow i didnt know you could get ub trouble by putting names in..... well it is not the first tie i have seen CL not live up to their duty. Although that is the WORST case i have seen, i have seen CL use bad words and even stop rooms by blocking the room (they block people fro coming in) like in one of my rooms i had a high school and a new CL had decided to block the door way bc he said thathe felt like it and people ended up reporting the room bc he was casing a scene.

• Call Me Larry (:

wow i didnt know you could get ub trouble by putting names in..... well it is not the first tie i have seen CL not live up to their duty. Although that is the WORST case i have seen, i have seen CL use bad words and even stop rooms by blocking the room (they block people fro coming in) like in one of my rooms i had a high school and a new CL had decided to block the door way bc he said thathe felt like it and people ended up reporting the room bc he was casing a scene.
    Whoa. But I guess your right.
    The ONLY place I've seen CL's are in the pirate game lobby.
    [ With the exception of a few guest rooms ]
    But, their job is supposed to be helping people right..? So.. shouldn't the CL's be hanging around more in the Espenlade [sp?] or however you spell it? Since thats where people need the most help.. Because, honestly, when you need help, would you start looking for help in a game lobby? I wouldn't.
    *Made By Allie.

• Yes?

Whoa. But I guess your right.
    The ONLY place I've seen CL's are in the pirate game lobby.
    [ With the exception of a few guest rooms ]
    But, their job is supposed to be helping people right..? So.. shouldn't the CL's be hanging around more in the Espenlade [sp?] or however you spell it? Since thats where people need the most help.. Because, honestly, when you need help, would you start looking for help in a game lobby? I wouldn't.
    A CL is not employed by vmk so it is not their "job" to help. They are given CL status so that if another player does need help and sees a CL then they can ask them for help. But they are just regular players and should be allowed to play and enjoy the game just as everyone else who plays.
    Quote Originally Posted by larasound View Post
    am I the burrito man?

• Call Me Larry (:

Quote Originally Posted by evilqueenrocks View Post
    A CL is not employed by vmk so it is not their "job" to help. They are given CL status so that if another player does need help and sees a CL then they can ask them for help. But they are just regular players and should be allowed to play and enjoy the game just as everyone else who plays.
    Oh well, I was just stating my opinion ^^
    And it's because whenever I do think I need help from them, their already joining another pirates game.. so that gives me what, 10 seconds to ask my question? =/
    *Made By Allie.

• Yes?

Oh well, I was just stating my opinion ^^
    And it's because whenever I do think I need help from them, their already joining another pirates game.. so that gives me what, 10 seconds to ask my question? =/
    Or try to find another CL. You're entitled to your opinion but they are just players who want to...play. So you can't blame them for joining a game just because you have a question.
    Quote Originally Posted by larasound View Post
    am I the burrito man?

• Call Me Larry (:

Quote Originally Posted by evilqueenrocks View Post
    Or try to find another CL. You're entitled to your opinion but they are just players who want to...play. So you can't blame them for joining a game just because you have a question.
    oh Mmk.
    *Made By Allie.

• Sarah

wow good debate lol...well i tnhik CL should be there to help. It is always hard to find a CL leader that is not in a pirate game or a trade room. Of course thetre are some CLs that help

• Call Me Larry (:

wow good debate lol...well i tnhik CL should be there to help. It is always hard to find a CL leader that is not in a pirate game or a trade room. Of course thetre are some CLs that help
    Thank you! Finally, someone who understands.

And I wasn't saying NO CL's are willing to help, I just mean, the majority of them don't SEEM willing to help.
    *Made By Allie.

• Sarah

i agree... althoguh they are normal people, they took the CL title as they said they wanted to help people. BUt when they are given the title they forget their promises? I tihn kCL should take the time to help like they said they would when they asked to be CL

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast