Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Prove it.

• I am dragon hear me roar!

Prove it.

[rant]

Y'know, in a world that is highly competitive and everybody wants to be at the top, I can sometimes understand why people say things that may or may not be true. I can also understand why they would fight to show they are the best. Sadly most societies favor success or failure and the measure of your success sometimes becomes the deciding factor of your importance to others.

Personally, I don't like that notion. However, I will admit I'm a competitive person, to the point that I'm a perfectionist. Now, I've had my share of moments where I think I'm the best and that next person comes along to prove that I'm not. It's happened enough times to humble me to not do that anymore. So when people come up to me, for example on Jungle Cruise, and say you're the best at this, I'll usually just shrug and let them say what they will without agreeing or disagreeing. Yeah, I'm always at the top of that list, but who knows, maybe there's somebody out there who's better but just doesn't want to have their name up there.

At the same time though, if there is somebody who has a reputation for being the best, wouldn't it make sense not to challenge that reputation? Especially if it's backed up by their actions day after day? And even so, if you claim to be the best, wouldn't before you make such a claim find out who your competition is just so you know who has the potential to knock you off that pedestal?

So what's my point with all this? Well, today I got out of my second game of Jungle Cruise and there was this boy on the dock bragging about his expertise of this game. This game being Jungle Cruise. I've seen this before and knew where this was headed. His name has never been on the top ten list, even in the first hour when scores are low. As a matter of fact, I'd be willing to bet he never even played the game other than boat crashing. And when I come across these people, I simply move on. But I had to stop this time.

Just as I was about to start a new game, I catch a couple people asking him for advice on how to play. I thought this should be interesting and so I waited for his response. His advice was so off the mark I nearly fell out of my chair laughing. However one person who I'm assuming was on a quest because they needed a specific score started to thank him for his advice and said they would try it. Sigh. So I stepped in and began to explain the right way to play the game.

Now you would think he'd be smart and not challenge what I was saying. But he opens his big mouth and straight out calls me a liar. O_o Okay then. One smart person tells him, "But she's got the top two spots on the list." And other says, "She's on top of the list every day, I think she knows what she's saying."

His response..."She's just lucky." O_o

Whoah whoah whoah! What?! So I ask him why he's never on the list. His response is right out of an elementary school playground..."I don't want to show off." -_-'

So I simply say "Whatever" and continue giving proper JC advice. At some point I see his bubble pop up saying, "You aren't that good. Prove it. I bet you can't even get all the spots on the list."

Now I've done it before and many know I can do it if I want to at almost any given time. So I didn't really need to prove it. But this kid made me so mad that...

I bet he won't even see it. But it's a less violent solution to smacking him upside the head and feeding him to the hyenas. Roar!

P.S. I feel much better now, thank you.

[/rant]

• Not slow but slowslow

Re: Prove it.

Who in there right mind would say that you aren't good at jungle cruise?!
    Thanks Rosie for the signature

• Purple Crates ♥

rofl omg dragon! you go girl!!

• I was deleted.

That was great. I love it! It was funny how OTHERS mentioned how you have top scores today and everyday.. not you. That's a bit different.

Yes, we all have our moments and often with things like this in VMK. Sadly, mine isn't about my mad skill for any game, but I think you get the point.

• Call Me Larry (:

ROFL. Nice.
    It's sad, whenever i'm playing pirates.. people make fun of me for whatever reasons. And I'm like in my brain.. UGH I WANNA PUNCH EM. But the only way in doing that is beating them. So whenever I try to beat someone out of anger in pirates, they always beat me instead.

It's so unfair. Lol.
    *Made By Allie.

• I embrace my insanity.

You Go Dragon!

• I'll pencil this in later

rofl. way2go dragon. you deserve a cookie.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Wow, very impressive.

• Ray's Evil Cookie Baker

rofl love it! pretty pretty scoreboard!

take that jediMihawk

• Red sox!

wow, you sure proved him wrong!

• Bionic Village Babe/RCMC

I love it, nice. Way to go girl i bow down to thee

Bionic Village Babe of the RCMC
    "Wisdom is knowing what you don't know" - Socrates

Hah. You go Dragon!

I get the same thing in Pirates. Its always, "I'm the best", "I never lose", etc. etc. So then I play them, and they lose. Then its always some excuse, "I had a bad team!" or "My computer lag.in no fair!" or whatever. It does get annoying, but is always fun to shut up their bragging.

Its too bad in Jungle Cruise you can't have like a challenge thing where both people play the game once and it shows who gets the higher score.

• you can't scare me :D

Very Nice!
    formally known as:
    SkateboardP

• Bionic Village Babe/RCMC

Quote Originally Posted by ineedafriend View Post
    Hah. You go Dragon!

I get the same thing in Pirates. Its always, "I'm the best", "I never lose", etc. etc. So then I play them, and they lose. Then its always some excuse, "I had a bad team!" or "My computer lag.in no fair!" or whatever. It does get annoying, but is always fun to shut up their bragging.

Its too bad in Jungle Cruise you can't have like a challenge thing where both people play the game once and it shows who gets the higher score.
    Lol omg i know!! it's so fun to shut those braggers up with beating them in pirates

Dragon would win for sure

Bionic Village Babe of the RCMC
    "Wisdom is knowing what you don't know" - Socrates

• boo.

Quote Originally Posted by ineedafriend View Post
    Hah. You go Dragon!

Hahaha, Dragon burned that pipsqueak! Woot!

Yeah, It's sometimes funny playing pirates with you and looking at all the excuses -_- I sooo wish there was an ignore button for pirates, in fact, I'm going to write them a letter right now asking them if they can fix that.

^Thankye Con!! ^

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast