Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Rides against injustice

Wii Fit Announced

http://wii.ign.com/articles/803/803365p1.html

And you thought Wii Sports Boxing kicked your ***.
    I think its a cool idea and is going to sell even more Wii's. If they can find them in stores that is.
    Out of the NIGHT....
    When the full moon is BRIGHT!!
    Comes a horseman known as ZORRO!!!
    ---------------------------------------

• Minion

Re: Wii Fit Announced

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro825 View Post
    http://wii.ign.com/articles/803/803365p1.html

And you thought Wii Sports Boxing kicked your ***.
    I think its a cool idea and is going to sell even more Wii's. If they can find them in stores that is.
    OMG I can't wait to get one of these!!!

•   
    • So fetch

Sweet! That looks really cool. I can't wait to get one.

• Circle of Ancients

Very cool idea and exactly what the Wii needs.

• Sunshine is the best!!!

Blog Entries

This is going to be fun!!!!
    *When a friend is in trouble, don't annoy him by asking if there is anything you can do. Think up something appropriate and do it.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Great idea! Can't wait to get it

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Pilot EdForceOne

Is trying to watch the videos from ign as pitifully miserable for everyone else as well? They can only get me about 15 seconds at a time and then takes another 30+ to buffer the next 15 seconds.

• white and nerdy

hmmm....

hate to be a nay-sayer, but it looks just like a silly exercise video for a video game console.

probably the start to a whole chain of exercise games that will suffer the same fate as exercise videos.

The wii needs more honest to goodness games.
    Last edited by thejoshualee; 07-13-2007 at 01:36 AM.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• Pilot EdForceOne

thejoshualee, do you have a wii? do you play with other people in your house?

If you watch the video.. it hits true exactly with what they are trying to do. Make it a challenge that everyone in the family can do TOGETHER. If you sit in your room and don't play with anyone else.. then yes, the game will have no interest for you.

But as many of these games are targeted at is competition and comparison.. not you completing a quest or beating the computer. If the last two are all you like to do, then yes, you are going to be real bored with the innovative concepts Nintendo is coming up with.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by thejoshualee View Post
    hmmm....

hate to be a nay-sayer, but it looks just like a silly exercise video for a video game console.

probably the start to a hole chain of exercise games that will suffer the same fate as exercise videos.

The wii needs more honest to goodness games.
    I was thinking the exact same thing, I just didn't want to be the usual anti-Wii suspect.

I just don't see tons of people rushing out to buy this. I have no interest whatsoever in a fitness game. Personally I think it's silly.

It's also a slap in the "I buy videogame consoles to play games" statement. I haven't touched my Wii in ages and stuff like this just wastes valuable first party development time.

• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian View Post
    I was thinking the exact same thing, I just didn't want to be the usual anti-Wii suspect.

I just don't see tons of people rushing out to buy this. I have no interest whatsoever in a fitness game. Personally I think it's silly.
    Again, the system was not designed for you the same way the 360 or PS3 was not designed for the average Wii user. Just because you don't see the benefit of this, doesn't mean it won't benefit someone else. Look at Guitar Hero, it holds ABSOLUTELY NO interest for me, but does that minimize the enjoyment so many other people are getting out of it? The new demographic that is attracting the Wii may just find some use for this.

It's also a slap in the "I buy videogame consoles to play games" statement. I haven't touched my Wii in ages and stuff like this just wastes valuable first party development time.
    This is no more of a slap than people saying that they buy phones to watch youtube, or surf the internet or listen to music. As the new category is developed, people will find ways to integrate it into other parts of their lives. Using the Wii Fit to help with your fitness is a brilliant way to expand the demographic!
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

• In Technicolor!

Put us down as a geeky family that plays the Wii together.

This floor peripheral looks promising. I hope they're (someday) going to put out something that detects a true kicking action. Ankle adapters, maybe?
    These are the games that never end.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    thejoshualee, do you have a wii? do you play with other people in your house?

If you watch the video.. it hits true exactly with what they are trying to do. Make it a challenge that everyone in the family can do TOGETHER. If you sit in your room and don't play with anyone else.. then yes, the game will have no interest for you.

But as many of these games are targeted at is competition and comparison.. not you completing a quest or beating the computer. If the last two are all you like to do, then yes, you are going to be real bored with the innovative concepts Nintendo is coming up with.

Nintendo isn't doing anything innovative at all. Sony has had numerous fitness titles on the PS2 with the eyetoy. It's just a matter of how "easy" it is for the average person to pick it up.

I think the Wii is just in it's own market. All of my hardcore friends don't really like the Wii. I think the Wii has great potential, but at the moment, I'm not digging it. We can't compare the Wii to anything, because it focuses on different things.

Anyway, I'm waiting for the new zelda to come out.

• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

Nintendo isn't doing anything innovative at all. Sony has had numerous fitness titles on the PS2 with the eyetoy. It's just a matter of how "easy" it is for the average person to pick it up.
    Except for the fact that Sony has always marketed itself to the hardcore gamer which had no real interest in a fitness title. Nintendos marketing to everyone else is where the innovation is.

I think the Wii is just in it's own market. All of my hardcore friends don't really like the Wii. I think the Wii has great potential, but at the moment, I'm not digging it. We can't compare the Wii to anything, because it focuses on different things.

Anyway, I'm waiting for the new zelda to come out.
    Ya think?!?!

This is what everyone has been saying since the system came out! Now look at the hardcore systems out there and their lack of success in the demo that the Wii has hit.
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Great, GREAT posts JJ!!

Back to the topic at hand, I love the new wii fitness idea. It's something I can do WITH my boys. Which I think is my favorite thing about the Wii, it encourages us to play together as a family, rather that focusing on a one person, one player quest. Which is why I think constantly comparing the Wii to "hardcore gamers" is recockulous. The is innovative and in its own category. Apples to oranges.

And to address Sony's fitness, the Eyetoy Fitness ...LAME

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast