Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sad Re: Ppl who Try to ' Borrow ' your stuff

My son innocently enough let someone "borrow" something from him and of course they immediately said "Ha Ha, you fell for it, I am deleting you from my list so long stupid!" He is young and of course was devestated and now he is completely afraid to trade with anyone. There are lots of nice people on VMK, but also lots of mean ones. You need to be VERY careful!

• Disney Dreams

Re: Ppl who Try to ' Borrow ' your stuff

Quote Originally Posted by cmf06 View Post
    My son innocently enough let someone "borrow" something from him and of course they immediately said "Ha Ha, you fell for it, I am deleting you from my list so long stupid!" He is young and of course was devestated and now he is completely afraid to trade with anyone. There are lots of nice people on VMK, but also lots of mean ones. You need to be VERY careful!
    This is a perfect example of how terribly mean people can be in VMK - innocent children are robbed of their items!

• String Theory q:

Quote Originally Posted by WDWGirl View Post
    This is a perfect example of how terribly mean people can be in VMK - innocent children are robbed of their items!
    Right.. That's really sad and mean of the " Borrowers ". And.. Most of the new people dont know about this and think that the borrowers will give back their stuff.. And most of the time.. It doesnt happen

Thanks to Mihawk, Piinoy, cyre, Midien, dance, uhm.. and alot of people!

• KING OF CABMF'S

Quote Originally Posted by cmf06 View Post
    OMG that is so cruel how some brats on vmk have the nerve to rob an innocent person!
    I hope you reported him, because if anyone did that to me i would personally fly to VMK headquarters and ban that player myself!! some people can really be a bunch of !i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!

Maybe this could be a good thing to try:
    Next time someone wants to borrow something, no matter how much u trust them or not (if you think they are trustworthy enough) have them trade you for the item at equal value, that way they will not want to run off with your item because you have their items as well. and that might show who is trustworthy. if they do trade, they must be truthful. if they leave w/o trading anything, then they most likely are scammers. i hope you track that person down
    ADD ME.[:

WHAT I'VE LEARNED FROM MICECHAT...
    1. IF YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THE MAJORITY OPINION, YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.
    2. IF THERE'S CHIPPED PAINT IN THE QUEUE FOR A LINE, EXPECT SOMEONE TO WRITE OUT A BIG STORY BASHING IT. WOOHOO.
    3. IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 24, YOU'RE AN 'EISNER BRAT.'
    4. PEOPLE WHO ARE DEEMED AS 'MODERATORS' AND OTHER ADMINISTRATION ARE MORE IMPORTANT DIETIES THAN JESUS CHRIST.
    5. YOU CAN EXCPECT TO BE BADLY REPPED IF YOU TRY AND MAKE A SERIOUS POINT.
    6. YOU ARENT TAKEN SERIOUS IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 16.
    7. AS AN ADD-ON TO #6, YOU SHOULD BE TREATED AS A SUBORDINATEIF YOU ARE IN A THEME PARK WAITING 30 MINUTES IN LINE FOR A DRINK WHILE SOMEONE HAS TO RECOUNT PIZZAS.
    8. "Disney may not care to hear your comments, but we do." WTFFF??? THIS ISN'T A DISNEY FAN FORUM, IT'S A DISNETY BASHING SITE.
    9. CERTAIN PEOPLE OVER ANALYZE A SIMPLE THREAD AND CONSIDER IT TO BE A CONTRACT FULL OF LOOPHOLES THAT HE/SHE CAN GET AROUND.
    AND FINALLY...
    10. PROLONGED USE OF THIS SITE CAN CAUSE AN EXTREME HATE OF DISNEY AND ALL DISNEY RELATED THINGS.

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

Yeah, that's kind of like collateral on a loan...except, if you make that trade, there is no guarantee they don't care that they gave up those items. They might say, "don't walk off with those...I LOVE them!" when they really mean "those aren't rare, I have tons of 'em, so good luck finding me with your Inferno magic!"

Couldn't VMK staff just make a button or a special "borrow" trade where, like a one use magic runs out, each person gets their stuff back after 24 hours? Even make those items non-discardable/sellable/tradeable to someone else?
    "Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason has once accepted in spite of your changing moods." -- C.S. Lewis

• I luv you Ethan =]

1 day I let this girl borrow my stuff and i really trusted her b/c i knew her since we both started and stuff (you get my point) Well she came to my room 1 day and goes: So.. can i borrow your Mansion please! I promise i will give it back you can trust me we've been Best friends for like ever, so i said for a couple of minutes once i get back from being afk I want it back, she go Ok sure! once i got back she was gone.. Some people can be just total no trustable
    [ Will you always be there to hold my hand? ]

I love you Ethan =D

<-- Of course that isn't me?! Haha jk =D

• Roller Coaster Aficionado

It's so sad that you can't trust people. I gave a friend of mine who is new to vmk a pirate hat b/c i have like ten of them and she was new. The next day some dude asked to borrow the hat from her and she let him. Soon as he got the hat -Boom Gone-!! Deleted her from his friend list and disappeared. Now a pirate hat is not really rare and they are fairly easy to come by I just couldn't believe that someone would do that!! She was so bummed.

• 1 vs. 100 Mob Member

SEATTLE. WE HAVE GOOD COFFEE. AND RAIN. BUT MOSTLY COFFEE. WATCH FRASIER KTHXBI

I never loan anything to anyone, because people almost always have ulterior motives.
    [/cynical]
    Frappucinos. The stuff of life.

It's chaos out there.
    KAAYYY-AWWWWUSSS!

• Sock Puppet

I would NEVER lend anything to somebody I didnt know in real life.Thats how i fall XD

• marebear_marebear

Oh I once traded someone a full tron suit (while still in shops) for a tiara. This was a while ago...about 9 months ago? Ok so anyways she was really nice and all so we became fast friends. During a cute or boot (that same day) she asked to borrow my crown to wear it 1 last time. I let her, she said "muahaha" and left. The people in the room were laughing at me --and being me I cant stand being laughed at, so I had left. Which was idiotic for a few reasons. The owner of the room was friends with the scammer and she had a picture of the scammer with her vmk title under it. I couldn't remember her title to report her ^.^ I have my memory problems here hehe

And another one of my friends (who seemed very young) wanted my crown (after I had bought 1 during halloween). We were talking in a trade. She told me to give over the crown or she will report. I told her that that was no reason to report. During the trade she said "OMG! I'm so sorry that was my sister!" I didn't fully believe her so I ended the trade and left. I later deleted her from my list.

Much much later, I find that my friend is friends with her. It's no biggie on my part but I still feel very uneasy around her. It's very discouraging to find out that you can trust no one. I hope this isn't that way in the "real world" lol.

• 1 vs. 100 Mob Member

Yeah, some "bay be" wanted to try on my blue princess top during a game of falling chairs--I told her, "No." and she said "- cry - mummy this girl was so mean to me!". Turns out the owner of the game was her "mummy" and she booted me in the middle of the game. -_-

It's chaos out there.
    KAAYYY-AWWWWUSSS!

• Dreaming in Fantasyland

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmei View Post
    Yeah, some "bay be" wanted to try on my blue princess top during a game of falling chairs--I told her, "No." and she said "- cry - mummy this girl was so mean to me!". Turns out the owner of the game was her "mummy" and she booted me in the middle of the game. -_-
    that bay be stuff can get way out of hand, i may have sum but its not like i get the wierdo ones who are hecka mean, only one is always on and she is a great friend of mine.
    :.:
    `.Michelle

╰⊰⊹⊹⊱╮
    () ()
    (. .)
    ( , , )

.:Was MichelleCutie on VMK and now MeShellMyBelle:.
    The Random Lady in Waiting

Ooooo... i cant stand "helpless bay be" who ask me for free stuff. usually the story is, im so so poor, please. and then it turns into, give it to me or i'll report. When i was a guest i had so many babies i couldnt keep track. once one would get off i would go get another lol. But if i have a reeeaally good friend, who never asks for stuff, i will occasionally give them some free rare that i dont need.
    ---------
    |I QUIT|
    ---------
    ...Not like anyone on here really gives a care about me anyway...

• 1 vs. 100 Mob Member

I never give anything to "bay be"s because they annoy the heck out of me and I don't feel like they deserve something for being annoying, rude, and not even that cute. But the borrowing thing--never worked for me. I never trusted anyone on vmk enough to let them.

It's chaos out there.
    KAAYYY-AWWWWUSSS!

• Sock Puppet

I normally go to the bay be cares or find a new bay be rooms because i tell the owneer they are not allowed.One day this bay be came up to me and said will you be my mummy? I said uh i guess(wanted to see how long it took her to realise i wasnt her mom) and the first thing she asked me was can i see your stuff?? so she wanted to know if i had rare so she could pretend it was her birthday and get free rare..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast