• Can see my car from here

Any "Call of Duty" fans?

First I gotta say, I am not what you might consider a "gamer" really, but I happen to bump into a big tournament of people playing "Call of Duty 2" and it looked like a lot of fun. The WW2 setting, graphics and gameplay got me hooked on it.

After finishing most of the levels I thought I would try a couple of other titles, but to me they were awful. For example "Rainbow Six 3- Raven Shield" was completely annoying and a big step backwards from COD2. I tossed it in the trash. The older Call of Duty titles were ok, but the graphics were of course more primitive.

Call of Duty 4 is coming soon and looks good, but now is set in modern times instead of WW2. Do you guys know of any other WW2 titles that are as good as Call of Duty 2, or have I been spoiled by it?
    Far from the frenzy of the frantic world above.

• Minion

Re: Any "Call of Duty" fans?

I'm a big WWII buff, and the Call of Duty series is excellent. I've played Call of Duty 3 on the 360 and had a great time.

The Medal of Honor series is good, but they're sort of hit and miss. Great stories though!

• Golden State of Mind

Call Of Duty = Life
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

• Can see my car from here

I love all the banter back and forth between the Germans and their squads, as well as between the axis and allied forces-

"Hey Klaus- Hitler plays with dolls!" And the Germans shouting something back to the Brits about "Picadilly."

Cracks me up! Wish I spoke better German so I could get all the jokes ... hahaha.

Soul, have you played both Call of Duty 2 AND 3, or just 3. I'm curious because the guys (Infinity Ward) who did COD2, did not do the third one but they ARE doing COD4. I never got a chance to play COD3 so I just wondered if anyone could compare the two...

I also played the Medal of Honor series, they are ok, just a little more primitive than COD2.
    Last edited by Mighty Mikerscope; 07-14-2007 at 06:49 PM. Reason: sp
    Far from the frenzy of the frantic world above.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Mikerscope View Post
    I love all the banter back and forth between the Germans and their squads, as well as between the axis and allied forces-

"Hey Klaus- Hitler plays with dolls!" And the Germans shouting something back to the Brits about "Picadilly."

Cracks me up! Wish I spoke better German so I could get all the jokes ... hahaha.

Soul, have you played both Call of Duty 2 AND 3, or just 3. I'm curious because the guys (Infinity Ward) who did COD2, did not do the third one but they ARE doing COD4. I never got a chance to play COD3 so I just wondered if anyone could compare the two...

I also played the Medal of Honor series, they are ok, just a little more primitive than COD2.

I liked CoD2. CoD3 improved on a lot of elements from the previous game, but it's definitely worth a play!