• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

PSP.. can you suggest some good games?

For my birthday I got a PSP and now I'm looking for a few good games for it. Does anyone have any recommendations?
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

• Destroyer of Mallcore

Re: PSP.. can you suggest some good games?

Well the best rated games are :

Tekken: Dark Resurrection

Daxter

Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops

Burnout Legends

Lumines

Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror

and countless others but it all depends what you're into. Personally, I haven't bought a game for the psp....no comment on that but I do enjoy playing emulators on it ;]

Now, I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic!

• Senior Minion

Sorry, but I can't suggest any games for the PSP. I bought one when they first came out and was disappointed by the games, and the fact that there were more movies then games ... I traded in for a Nintendo DS ... now for that I can recommend many games!

Quote Originally Posted by OogieBoogie View Post
    For my birthday I got a PSP and now I'm looking for a few good games for it. Does anyone have any recommendations?
    You got one at the wrong time with the RE-DESIGN comming but before you play any good games hack your PSP before the UMD forces an update on ya

Anyway
    RPG:
    Dungeon Siege Throne of Agony
    FPS:
    Syphon Filter 1 and upcomming 2
    Platformer:
    Daxter

Wink Re: PSP.. can you suggest some good games?

Quote Originally Posted by TikiRoomLiz View Post
    Sorry, but I can't suggest any games for the PSP. I bought one when they first came out and was disappointed by the games, and the fact that there were more movies then games ... I traded in for a Nintendo DS ... now for that I can recommend many games!
    You sure can't recomend Homebrew for the DS:P

• Minion

There are GOBS of good games for the PSP. It has the most critically acclaimed games of all the current portable systems.

Sid Meier's Pirates!
    Crush
    Burnout Dominator
    Winning Eleven: Pro Evolution Soccer 2007
    Ratchet & Clank: Size Does Matter
    The BIGS
    Burnout Legends
    Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories
    Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
    LocoRoco
    Lumines
    Lumines II
    Tekken: Dark Resurrection
    Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror
    SOCOM: Fire Team Bravo
    SOCOM: Fire Team Bravo II
    Killzone: Liberation
    Wipeout Pure
    Burnout Legends

Seriously, there are LOTS.

Get gamefly.com or whatever service you can use and rent some games. This is really the ONLY way to find games you like.

Online reviews are crap - period.

Really - the best way is to try them out for yourself risk-free. I have found some GREAT games thanks to renting, and I have found some that I thought were going to be great that totally sucked thanks to renting.

• Wait, what?

Blog Entries

Infected was hilarious, not many people like the game but I loved it. Also me and My Katamari is addicting.

• Koubu Pilot

I have Darlkstalker's Chronicle (fighting from Capcom), Street Fighter Alpha 3, and an RPG called The Legend of Heroes 2: Prophesy of the Moonlight Witch

• Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by TikiRoomLiz View Post
    You should give it another chance... after all, UMD movies are on their way out (which is sortof unfortunate as it could have been a strong format if they didn't do the less for more pricing structure or actually ever released the DVD/UMD combo packs).

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDude View Post
    Online reviews are crap - period.
    Agreed and disagree.

All critics have their value. It at least gives you a good idea if it might be something you want to invest in, even if just on rental basis.

Anyway, I do agree with a lot of the suggestions given so far, but would like to add:

Puzzle Quest (basically Bejeweled, but the RPG element helps make the game worthwhile and addicting)
    PaRappa the Rapper (because it's just a classic...)
    Final Fantasy

Actually, just go pick up as many of the classic ports that you can -- the reason why they're being rereleased is because they're still great games after 20+ years. They'll never get old.

I do agree with DarthDucky.... Infected is a lot of mindless fun for all the zombie-blasting fans.
    -Tim

Online critics have their place. I don't always agree with them, but I don't always agree with people that review cars and movies, either. But there is something to be said for their wealth of experiences- they're able to compare so many things that it would cost people like you and I a great fortune to purchase.

I've found GameSpot has the most level-headed reviews. IGN seems to rate even mediocre games pretty high, and 1UP is really hard on games except for a few mediocre titles that they seem to worship for some strange reason.

as a Megaman fan I'd have to recommend Megaman Powered up or Maverick Hunter X but that's just me (it's what I'd buy if I owned a PSP)

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Ascough View Post
    Online critics have their place. I don't always agree with them, but I don't always agree with people that review cars and movies, either. But there is something to be said for their wealth of experiences- they're able to compare so many things that it would cost people like you and I a great fortune to purchase.

I've found GameSpot has the most level-headed reviews. IGN seems to rate even mediocre games pretty high, and 1UP is really hard on games except for a few mediocre titles that they seem to worship for some strange reason.

listening to IGN's podcasts it seems they do that to try to average out the fact that most people won't buy games that score below 8's which is something they complain about because their scale is 1-10 with 1 being unplayable and 10 being excellent totally innovative best of genre type stuff, this makes 5 mean average but everything gets shifted up because when it's a 5 people think it's crap (probably due to the way our education grading scale works)