Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• 1 vs. 100 Mob Member

SEATTLE. WE HAVE GOOD COFFEE. AND RAIN. BUT MOSTLY COFFEE. WATCH FRASIER KTHXBI

Wow, that's a lame scammer..

I was in the Emporium the other day and some gal came up to me dressed in a pirate girl shirt, red miniskirt, black ears, and black HM shoes. She asked me to trade and said, "I am vmk staff, we need some items from you." (her username was something like x) I said, "Staff doesn't ask for items," and ended the trade.

So, MC, hath this ever happened to thee? Or is this a weird scam?
    Last edited by BigPigletFan; 07-26-2007 at 10:23 PM. Reason: removal of name
    Frappucinos. The stuff of life.

It's chaos out there.
    KAAYYY-AWWWWUSSS!

• 333: I'm only half evil!!

Blog Entries

Re: Wow, that's a lame scammer..

Wow!! That's just ridiculous for someone to imitate staff. Hope she gets caught trying to do this to innocent ppl. You might want to take her name out of original post...it could get you in trouble.
    AP Holder.
    Stay at home mom of 4 - Austin, Tyler, Sierra and Ashlyn.

• Disney Dreams

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmei View Post
    I was in the Emporium the other day and some gal came up to me dressed in a pirate girl shirt, red miniskirt, black ears, and black HM shoes. She asked me to trade and said, "I am vmk staff, we need some items from you." (her username was something like x) I said, "Staff doesn't ask for items," and ended the trade.

Never happened to me, but that's completely against VMK Values - hope you reported them!
    Last edited by BigPigletFan; 07-26-2007 at 10:24 PM. Reason: removal of username

• Guest Room Interior.

wow .. really surprised about how vmk players would just ' pretend ' to be vmk staf just to get items .. but isn't that againist vmk values, and you should report them?

• I am dragon hear me roar!

I've seen worse and stupider ideas. :P But yeah, some people just aren't very creative when it comes to scamming.

And yeah, that's a serious offence and that person will be banned permanently and immediately if caught by staff. If there's one thing all staff hate, it's players impersonating them. They take that VERY seriously. Every staff member I've seen come across a situation like that goes into killer attack mode. Heh!

• Jedi Master Bird :)

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDragonErin View Post
    Every staff member I've seen come across a situation like that goes into killer attack mode. Heh!

Oh geez, then what would Lily do with that caffeine patch on??

• Purple Crates ♥

Quote Originally Posted by Mihawk View Post
    Oh geez, then what would Lily do with that caffeine patch on??
    hahah I would love to see that!

• KING OF CABMF'S

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmei View Post

lol how desperate can ya get?

Once a girl went into my room and said 'im vmk security. I need some rare from you or you will get banned. So i report her and vmk says they will take care of the problem immediately. Ten seconds later 'poof' what happened to my favoritest scammer? oh thats right, she's banned!
    Last edited by BigPigletFan; 07-26-2007 at 10:25 PM. Reason: removal of username
    ADD ME.[:

WHAT I'VE LEARNED FROM MICECHAT...
    1. IF YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THE MAJORITY OPINION, YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.
    2. IF THERE'S CHIPPED PAINT IN THE QUEUE FOR A LINE, EXPECT SOMEONE TO WRITE OUT A BIG STORY BASHING IT. WOOHOO.
    3. IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 24, YOU'RE AN 'EISNER BRAT.'
    4. PEOPLE WHO ARE DEEMED AS 'MODERATORS' AND OTHER ADMINISTRATION ARE MORE IMPORTANT DIETIES THAN JESUS CHRIST.
    5. YOU CAN EXCPECT TO BE BADLY REPPED IF YOU TRY AND MAKE A SERIOUS POINT.
    6. YOU ARENT TAKEN SERIOUS IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 16.
    7. AS AN ADD-ON TO #6, YOU SHOULD BE TREATED AS A SUBORDINATEIF YOU ARE IN A THEME PARK WAITING 30 MINUTES IN LINE FOR A DRINK WHILE SOMEONE HAS TO RECOUNT PIZZAS.
    8. "Disney may not care to hear your comments, but we do." WTFFF??? THIS ISN'T A DISNEY FAN FORUM, IT'S A DISNETY BASHING SITE.
    9. CERTAIN PEOPLE OVER ANALYZE A SIMPLE THREAD AND CONSIDER IT TO BE A CONTRACT FULL OF LOOPHOLES THAT HE/SHE CAN GET AROUND.
    AND FINALLY...
    10. PROLONGED USE OF THIS SITE CAN CAUSE AN EXTREME HATE OF DISNEY AND ALL DISNEY RELATED THINGS.

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

hah. those ppl must be desperate. I saw a lame scammer today. They said Trading Teleporter that goes to yavn's room for stitch hat. everyone started trading him. Gosh those ppl were gullable. Lol he eventually just left because everyone started to not believed him.
    ---------
    |I QUIT|
    ---------
    ...Not like anyone on here really gives a care about me anyway...

• KING OF CABMF'S

Quote Originally Posted by nevi12 View Post
    hah. those ppl must be desperate. I saw a lame scammer today. They said Trading Teleporter that goes to yavn's room for stitch hat. everyone started trading him. Gosh those ppl were gullable. Lol he eventually just left because everyone started to not believed him.
    is a teleporter that leads to a crowded room really worth a stitch hat???
    ADD ME.[:

WHAT I'VE LEARNED FROM MICECHAT...
    1. IF YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THE MAJORITY OPINION, YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.
    2. IF THERE'S CHIPPED PAINT IN THE QUEUE FOR A LINE, EXPECT SOMEONE TO WRITE OUT A BIG STORY BASHING IT. WOOHOO.
    3. IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 24, YOU'RE AN 'EISNER BRAT.'
    4. PEOPLE WHO ARE DEEMED AS 'MODERATORS' AND OTHER ADMINISTRATION ARE MORE IMPORTANT DIETIES THAN JESUS CHRIST.
    5. YOU CAN EXCPECT TO BE BADLY REPPED IF YOU TRY AND MAKE A SERIOUS POINT.
    6. YOU ARENT TAKEN SERIOUS IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 16.
    7. AS AN ADD-ON TO #6, YOU SHOULD BE TREATED AS A SUBORDINATEIF YOU ARE IN A THEME PARK WAITING 30 MINUTES IN LINE FOR A DRINK WHILE SOMEONE HAS TO RECOUNT PIZZAS.
    8. "Disney may not care to hear your comments, but we do." WTFFF??? THIS ISN'T A DISNEY FAN FORUM, IT'S A DISNETY BASHING SITE.
    9. CERTAIN PEOPLE OVER ANALYZE A SIMPLE THREAD AND CONSIDER IT TO BE A CONTRACT FULL OF LOOPHOLES THAT HE/SHE CAN GET AROUND.
    AND FINALLY...
    10. PROLONGED USE OF THIS SITE CAN CAUSE AN EXTREME HATE OF DISNEY AND ALL DISNEY RELATED THINGS.

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

• Hola

Quote Originally Posted by evanescence4ever View Post
    is a teleporter that leads to a crowded room really worth a stitch hat???
    Not Really...

• T i DuBL GuH eRR

Quote Originally Posted by evanescence4ever View Post
    lol how desperate can ya get?

Once a girl went into my room and said 'im vmk security. I need some rare from you or you will get banned. So i report her and vmk says they will take care of the problem immediately. Ten seconds later 'poof' what happened to my favoritest scammer? oh thats right, she's banned!
    That's weird. I had a situation similar to that but after I reported, the person didn't get banned. The message I got back just said "If you're having a problem with another player, just click the ignore button." That makes me wonder where's the line between someone just hitting the ignore button or an actual ban?
    "Difficult takes a day
    Impossible takes a week"
    - Jay-Z

• Smile, It's Free!

I have come across many people pretending to be staff. I find the best thing to do is report them, and then keep them talking so they dont leave the room, then normally in the middle of them talking they suddenly disappear

• Toast Explodes...? 0.o

Eeek. I've had something like that happen to me ... Of course i didn't believe the person. Once my friend dressed up like staff...[Note:She did not ask anyone for anything] she was just trying to be funny...i suppose. She said "Your banned!" for fun, we all knew she was joking around but we also told her she might want to change and stop before something happens. When she was afk... VMK_Bubbles (or something like that) came in and asked for her. We didn't know why she wanted her at first, but then we realized why and told her, that is something she wont be doing Anymore She loves the VMK values and respects them greatly, it was just simple and harmless fun
    You think your a ninja...

Toastylicious!! q:
    My name was Exploding_Toast

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by opherrichards View Post
    I have come across many people pretending to be staff. I find the best thing to do is report them, and then keep them talking so they dont leave the room, then normally in the middle of them talking they suddenly disappear
    you can always report someone without clicking on their character:

If it's their room you can click room (i) and click report or you can click the help button and click call for help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast