• T i DuBL GuH eRR

The Haunted Mansion: Is one favored over the other?

For those who frequently play this game, I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. Have you ever been playing and noticed, "Wow that other person has a lot more ghosts out than me." The weirdest part is that the score may be close or even tied. Here's a picture of a game I recently played:

Maybe it could have been that I won the first round and the other person naturally gets a little handicap for it. This, though, is a little ridiculous to me. It's tied and the ghosts that are out is 10:2? I guess I'll just deal with it; it's double day for Mansion and I need credits lol
    "Difficult takes a day
    Impossible takes a week"
    - Jay-Z

• Disney Dreams

Re: The Haunted Mansion: Is one favored over the other?

But it could also depend on the speed of the other person - if they're taking a while to vacuum up their ghosts, then naturally there'll be more of theirs. Likewise, if you're going quickly, you'd have much less ghosts - they can only appear so quickly. I've never heard of the game giving the other team an advantage just because you won the first round. And in any case, that's not exactly fair...

• KING OF CABMF'S

Quote Originally Posted by WDWGirl View Post
    But it could also depend on the speed of the other person - if they're taking a while to vacuum up their ghosts, then naturally there'll be more of theirs. Likewise, if you're going quickly, you'd have much less ghosts - they can only appear so quickly. I've never heard of the game giving the other team an advantage just because you won the first round. And in any case, that's not exactly fair...
    But, they both had the same number of ghosts. and that wouldn't be fair for one player to have more ghosts.
    ADD ME.[:

WHAT I'VE LEARNED FROM MICECHAT...
    1. IF YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THE MAJORITY OPINION, YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.
    2. IF THERE'S CHIPPED PAINT IN THE QUEUE FOR A LINE, EXPECT SOMEONE TO WRITE OUT A BIG STORY BASHING IT. WOOHOO.
    3. IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 24, YOU'RE AN 'EISNER BRAT.'
    4. PEOPLE WHO ARE DEEMED AS 'MODERATORS' AND OTHER ADMINISTRATION ARE MORE IMPORTANT DIETIES THAN JESUS CHRIST.
    5. YOU CAN EXCPECT TO BE BADLY REPPED IF YOU TRY AND MAKE A SERIOUS POINT.
    6. YOU ARENT TAKEN SERIOUS IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 16.
    7. AS AN ADD-ON TO #6, YOU SHOULD BE TREATED AS A SUBORDINATEIF YOU ARE IN A THEME PARK WAITING 30 MINUTES IN LINE FOR A DRINK WHILE SOMEONE HAS TO RECOUNT PIZZAS.
    8. "Disney may not care to hear your comments, but we do." WTFFF??? THIS ISN'T A DISNEY FAN FORUM, IT'S A DISNETY BASHING SITE.
    9. CERTAIN PEOPLE OVER ANALYZE A SIMPLE THREAD AND CONSIDER IT TO BE A CONTRACT FULL OF LOOPHOLES THAT HE/SHE CAN GET AROUND.
    AND FINALLY...
    10. PROLONGED USE OF THIS SITE CAN CAUSE AN EXTREME HATE OF DISNEY AND ALL DISNEY RELATED THINGS.

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

• Jedi Master Bird :)

I think for a while the pink side has been the best side to pick. At least two of the possible three rounds pink has more ghosts. They seriously need to adjust that.

• you can't scare me :D

Quote Originally Posted by Mihawk View Post
    I think for a while the pink side has been the best side to pick. At least two of the possible three rounds pink has more ghosts. They seriously need to adjust that.
    yep, just like mihawk said..
    at first it seems as if the green team has the advantage, but then when you get to the 2nd or even 3rd round, pink has a way bigger number of ghosts..
    formally known as:
    SkateboardP

• T i DuBL GuH eRR

Now I can pretty much confirm both of your theories. I was just playing again (I was green, won the first round) and in the second and third pink had WAY more ghosts than I did, even when the games were close. In the last 30 seconds of the third round it was tied and the pink ghosts still heavily outnumbered the green.
    "Difficult takes a day
    Impossible takes a week"
    - Jay-Z

• Disney Dreams

I'm usually pretty attentive to detail, but I never noticed the pink over green advantage. But then again, Mansion hasn't been my game for a WHILE. You're probably totally correct though. It's not fair for pink to have more.

• T i DuBL GuH eRR

Just happened again, same situation, 3rd round. Ugh this is annoying
    "Difficult takes a day
    Impossible takes a week"
    - Jay-Z

• Yayy

yay I'm not crazy! I always thought I was the only who thought the other team always got an advantage, it seems like they have a lot more ghosts for pink
    siggie made my me =]

Thanks for the great userbars Contemporary_Girl =)

• Gothicminion on VMK

I certainly believe so. Mansion makes me disconnect now because of those pink ghosts!
    also: this is my first post

• I was deleted.

Welcome to MiceChat Beauismyhorse!

Yes, I believe that there is a bit of a handicap. I wouldn't say that it depends upon the color but moreso who wins or didn't win the previous round. I think it might also depend upon how often each team member shakes the coffins. I shake them quite often and it feels that more often than not I get one to appear of the other team's color. So how does that make things balance out, especially when I usually play on the pink team? But since this has been brought up I'm definately going to pay closer attention to the ghosts.