• T i DuBL GuH eRR

Madden 08 Thread

Post here. Who's excited for it? I'm looking forward to playing with my Niners and I hope to see a big rating increase from Madden 07, where we were somewhere in the 70's I believe. I haven't bought Madden on it's first day of sales before so for those who did, how crazy does it get?
    "Difficult takes a day
    Impossible takes a week"
    - Jay-Z

• We're number one!

Re: Madden 08 Thread

Madden 08=Roster Update

• T i DuBL GuH eRR

Can I assume you're for "All Pro Football" from 2k?
    "Difficult takes a day
    Impossible takes a week"
    - Jay-Z

• We're number one!

Quote Originally Posted by TiggerGo View Post
    Can I assume you're for "All Pro Football" from 2k?
    Not really. I'm just amused how Madden can come out every single year being virtually the same game just with updated players and some minor changes in game play and people will still plop down 50 bucks for it each time.

• T i DuBL GuH eRR

While I can agree that the top reasons for buying it are just for the roster update, there are a lot of other features why people buy it also. First we had the hit stick and truck stick, then QB vision (which EA exaggerated Peyton Manning's GREATLY, having his QB vision virtually from sideline to sideline), then lead blocking (with my best lead blocker, Larry Allen, to make gaps up the middle on the left side for Gore to explode through), and now I hear in '08 they added player specific features to their advantage. Such include Champ Bailey at times being able to see what play the offense is running right before the snap, which is pretty much an interception for Champ if the user actually knows how to play defense. So I'm really looking forward to this Madden, and I'm curious about what player-specific attributes EA gave to Gore, who is famous now for always making the first defender miss and breaking tackles.
    "Difficult takes a day
    Impossible takes a week"
    - Jay-Z

I'm weird like that... I'll gladly spend money on the newest version of a game even if the upgrades are minor. I know, I'm a sucker, right?

But going by what I've heard, the new version of Madden is going to feature a lot of improvements. I don't expect it to be up to the level of the old 2K sports titles, but that's why we have All-Pro Football, right?

• T i DuBL GuH eRR

I would like to play All Pro, but the only thing that's stopping me is that it's not real teams; it's just all stars and hall of famers. What draws me to football games is if I can play with my teams, which I can't in All-Pro, but of course that's just me. I have yet to play All Pro so I can't be one to judge so quickly, but I have a feeling I'll like Madden better, just because of actual current NFL teams, which is probably the main reason the average football fan/gamer buys Madden. I am all for 2k, though, when it comes to basketball games. 2k over Live any day
    "Difficult takes a day
    Impossible takes a week"
    - Jay-Z

• Wonderful World

Eh, I'm not too excited for the game. Its fun but nothing is that new.
    I'm back MiceChat

Sad Re: Madden 08 Thread

I got it for ps3, and I'm not very impressed. I loved 06 and 07, but this one let me down. One thing I'm tryin to figure out is why the heck my guys keep auto hitsticking on defense. Is it like some kinda new system where you can't rapidly move around on defense, bc I can't play cornerback without my guy stumbling (or hit sticking at nothing) and it's ruined the fun on defense for me, this doesnt happen at all on offense. anyone know what the prob is? (btw my control is brand new and is the originianal sony black)