Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Roller Coaster Aficionado

What is it worth?

Recently I was walking through the POTC lobby wearing my full sparrow suit and I had someone tell me that they would trade everything they had for my full sparrow.

Is that worth it? Who would be willing to trade every other vmk item they had just for one Sparrow suit? Opinions?

• Jambo!

Re: What is it worth?

Depends on what "every item they owned" included. Now for me that would be a sizable amount of quest items and beta, which I feel isn't a fair trade for the suit. On the other hand, someone may only have pins and costumes sold in the past couple monthes or so, which isn't bad, but most likely wouldn't be worth a Sparrow suit.

Some people really like the Sparrow suit, some people could probably care less. It is one of the rarer items in the VMK world, but when it comes down to it, value and rarity is in the eye of the beholder.

Quote Originally Posted by goofgeek View Post
    Depends on what "every item they owned" included. Now for me that would be a sizable amount of quest items and beta, which I feel isn't a fair trade for the suit. On the other hand, someone may only have pins and costumes sold in the past couple monthes or so, which isn't bad, but most likely wouldn't be worth a Sparrow suit.

Some people really like the Sparrow suit, some people could probably care less. It is one of the rarer items in the VMK world, but when it comes down to it, value and rarity is in the eye of the beholder.
    Very true that value is in the eye of the beholder, and this person was wearing a bird hat with cowboy pants and shirt...

IDK it seems like I can't go anywhere in my sparrow suit without getting trade requests for it.

Took me a long time to get the sparrow outfit, but i kept trying. It's something i really wanted. There's other things i see people wanting just because they are rare, like the eye pin. I've seen it, but i could really care less about it. So it's like goof said, it really is in the eye of the beholder.

• T i DuBL GuH eRR

I am desperate for Sparrow as much as the next person, but trading everything I have for it? I don't think so. About two years worth of stuff for a 4 piece suit? lol

And also I have a question about trades like these, where someone is offering a really rare item or two for the other person's stuff that may take about 2 or 3 trades for, such as inferno for a whole room of stuff. I've heard that in these ginormous trades it's best to have a CL in your room to monitor the whole trade and make sure everything's fair and no one gets scammed. Is this how it works?
    "Difficult takes a day
    Impossible takes a week"
    - Jay-Z

• Release the Magic in you!

Quote Originally Posted by goofgeek View Post

yeah, this is true
    VMK was a good memory, won't be forgotten. But just because a games gone does not mean I am

Shoot, at the rate they are adding rare stuff for sale nowadays, just wait, everything will probably be back soon.

Quote Originally Posted by TiggerGo View Post
    And also I have a question about trades like these, where someone is offering a really rare item or two for the other person's stuff that may take about 2 or 3 trades for, such as inferno for a whole room of stuff. I've heard that in these ginormous trades it's best to have a CL in your room to monitor the whole trade and make sure everything's fair and no one gets scammed. Is this how it works?
    I can't honestly say. There is nothing on vmk I need to have so bad that I would trade everything I have for it. I wanted the Sparrow suit so I played the game to get it over and over and over and over And Over AND OVER AANNDD OOVVEERR!!

Yeah, what are the odds that you have the lucky code for sparrow? 1 in 100? 1 in 1000? or even 1 in 1,000,000? In my case, if i got sparrow i would never trade it. after working so hard i would just want to show it off and not trade right once i got it. It's up to you, if your both happy with the trade, then go ahead and do it.
    ---------
    |I QUIT|
    ---------
    ...Not like anyone on here really gives a care about me anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by nevi12 View Post
    Yeah, what are the odds that you have the lucky code for sparrow? 1 in 100? 1 in 1000? or even 1 in 1,000,000? In my case, if i got sparrow i would never trade it. after working so hard i would just want to show it off and not trade right once i got it. It's up to you, if your both happy with the trade, then go ahead and do it.
    OK don't hate me but.. I had played the game for about two months straight every day probably ten or so times a day right? Then one day I was like "eh I'll just do it five times today". Well as the best luck in the universe would have it, not one but TWO of the codes were full sparrow I know I suck LOL. I couldn't believe it I was dancing around the room.

Lucky!! how many codes did you have?
    ---------
    |I QUIT|
    ---------

Lucky!! how many codes did you have?
    Well that day I got the two sparrows I only had five codes, but over the course of the two months that I played trying to win, I'll bet it was like 600 - 700 codes.

whoah... i only have 300 (that still need entered) i have faith that i will win it (lol). i know i will win, wait till you see me walking down main street with full sparrow. I'll be heartbroken if i dont win
    ---------
    |I QUIT|
    ---------

Don't worry you'll get it. Just keep at it and you will get lucky on one of the codes I just know it. Soon as u have it we can both kick it on Main Street in full Sparrow doing the Sparrow dance. LOL
    Oh and congrats on your 400th post!!

whoah... i only have 300 (that still need entered) i have faith that i will win it (lol). i know i will win, wait till you see me walking down main street with full sparrow. I'll be heartbroken if i dont win

Quote Originally Posted by Coasterfan View Post
    Don't worry you'll get it. Just keep at it and you will get lucky on one of the codes I just know it. Soon as u have it we can both kick it on Main Street in full Sparrow doing the Sparrow dance. LOL
    Oh and congrats on your 400th post!!
    lol. thanks for the encouragement. That made me feel a little better. and i didnt even realize it was my 400th post. Can't wait to learn the sparrow dance! lol.
    ---------
    |I QUIT|
    ---------

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast