View Poll Results: What would you give this idea?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • ***** 5 stars! Great idea. I LOVE IT!

3 50.00%
  • **** 4 stars! Good idea. Almost perfect!

2 33.33%
  • *** 3 stars! It's just ok. Maybe if you tweaked it...

1 16.67%
  • ** 2 stars! Meh. Not that great.

0 0%
  • * 1 star! Horrible idea! I am now in HATE with you!!!

0 0%

• All You Need is Love!

Idea for game based on Disneyland

I just had this idea for a game that takes place at Disneyland.

*The Stroy:

The story could be that different Disney villians have taken over the land. You have been called by Mickey to save everyone. You need to save every ride and character in the park. The rides have all been turned evil by the villians. You will time travel, and go on adventures in every ride new and old.

*Gameplay:

It would all be in first person. Everything in the park is recreated in painstaking detail. As you defeat each villian and save every ride, you will be able to ride them. All the rides would look exactly as they do in the park including all the music.

*Items:

Flashlight- A normal flashlight that you can use when ever you want. All items in the world would be able to cast a shadow and look very real.

Magic Watch- Given to you after saving parts of Tommarow land. The game will shift through night and day in real time. The watch will allow you to change the time of day. Certain objectives and quests will only be able to be done during certain times. Such as: the Haunted Mansion will only open at night. If you break somthing in the world you can also use the watch to make it put itself back together.

The Magic Watch also has a bigger use. Eventually it will have another power. You can travel back in time to different years. Like if you go back to 1955, the park will change to how it was in 1955. This will also become a major part of the story as some villians will go back and try to destroy everything.

And one last power would be able to change the season. As the seasons change, so do the decorations.

Magic Wand- Given to you at Main Street. Used to levetate objects, destroy objects (and putting them back together using the watch), making fire to light things, making water to put out things, and for defensive spells against the villians.

*Level Ideas:

Mainstreet- the first level. You get the Magic Wand here. After saving this area, you can go into all the shops and other areas including the Opera House, the Fire House, the locker area, Town Hall, ect. You can destroy things in the shops and repair them using the Wand and the Watch.

The Haunted Mansion- You can only go in at night. All the doom buggies are gone so you can freely roam the mansion. You must set free all the ghosts (who have been captured by the villians). A few extra rooms could be added to extend the length of the level. A side mission could be to find out how Constance killed her husbands, and there could be a mini game of some kind with Leota. After saving the mansion you can ride or explore it when ever you want.

Temple of the Forbidden Eye- You must find your way out of boobie traps and solve puzzles to get through the temple. Once you defeat Mara, you can ride the ride when ever you want or just explore some more to uncover even more mysteries and adventures.

Current Disneyland and 1955 Disneyland- New Disneyland would be taken over by Malifecent. Old Disneyland would be taken over by the Evil Queen/Witch. The final boss battles would be to defeat both including Malifecent Dragon at the Castle.

The game would have many more levels of course and feature all lands and rides.

*Time:

Current Disneyland- All the rides and atractions we have today.

1955 Disneyland- All the rides and atractions they had then.

Disneyland inbetween- All rides and atractions that were not around in 1955 and no longer around today. (including House of the Future and Adventure Thru Inner Space)

*Seasons:

Every season is different with different decorations and missions.

Spring- Flowers in bloom, birds singing.

Summer- Trees are very, very green. Heat waves are visible.

Fall- Trees are different colors. Halloween decorations are up (pumkins, banners, ect.). Haunted mansion has been changed to it's holiday counter part and has new missions.

Winter- Christmas decorations are up (including a huge Christmas tree). Snow is falling everywere and is all over the ground. All areas with water are frozen making it impossible to complete some missions (Jungle Cruise, Subs, Splash Mountain).

-----
    So, what do you guys think? I know it kind of sounds like Kingdom Hearts, but wouldn't it be awsome. Being able to go to your own private Disneyland and ride anything when ever you want.

Feel free to add you own ideas.
    Last edited by Oblivion; 08-10-2007 at 09:27 PM.

• DL Nerd

Re: Idea for game based on Disneyland

take out the 1955 Disneyland.... wouldn't be interesting enough..

in fact I w*gets shot by angry fans*
    All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

i think that is a great idea!!

• I'm a Disney Geek

me to!!

• All You Need is Love!

Thank you guys that actually like the idea.

Remember, if you have any ideas to improve it, please post them!
    (\_/) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (='.'=) signature to help him gain world domination

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

The storyline sounds like Kingdom Hearts. The gameplay, on the other hand, sounds like GTA kiddy-fied and set in Disneyland.

It's an intriguing concept but I would like to see it fleshed out more.

• Koubu Pilot

Sounds like it would be easier to do as an RPG.

• All You Need is Love!

Quote Originally Posted by Koutesu View Post
    Sounds like it would be easier to do as an RPG.
    I was thinking that but then it would be way too much like Kingdom Hearts. But if it was a game, I would make it so you can level up the wand to do different spells.

Then again, it would be neat if you could create your own character. You could even buy different outfits or armour on Main Street. (Maybe buy upgrades for the wand.)

BTW: I don't know what the wand would look like, but I wouldn't want it to look like a cheap piece of crap with a big yellow star on the end. It might even be better to ditch the wand and make it so your character just learns new spells!

• Just this guy......

Quote Originally Posted by Junthor View Post
    take out the 1955 Disneyland.... wouldn't be interesting enough..

in fact I w*gets shot by angry fans*
    I would suggest that the game stars at 1955 and at different levels you can change the time which would add more rides and places to explore.

Start at 1955
    Jump to 1968 (New tomorrowland)
    and so on.

• Imagine If.

Would be best as an rpg, specially an MMORPG. Being a fan of WoW (World of Warcraft) this sounds like a good idea but could use some more detailed fun and would be good to be expanded on. I can't wait for Pirates Online though, should be loads of fun!!

• All You Need is Love!

Quote Originally Posted by Dollars View Post
    Would be best as an rpg, specially an MMORPG. Being a fan of WoW (World of Warcraft) this sounds like a good idea but could use some more detailed fun and would be good to be expanded on. I can't wait for Pirates Online though, should be loads of fun!!
    After I typed this up I thought that. It would be a really cool MMORPG. You could talk to other "guests" and go on the rides with them.

Now we're starting to get into something that seems a lot like VMK, but a little more ambitious. I preferred the console game/PC game idea over an MMORPG, even if it ended up Kingdom Hearts-esque.

• All You Need is Love!

I forgot about VMK...

It seems either way you look at it, it's going to end up being similar to somthing. All I wanted was a game were you could be in your own private Disneyland.

Well, in terms of mechanics, almost ALL First Person Shooter games are similar, with individual tweaks and such. Don't get discouraged, I just frankly thought the non-MMORPG would work out better, especially since it doesn't really seem to suit Disney's development style.