• Sshhh, being very quiet

I need serious Haunted Mansion game help

This is the most frustrating game. I just can't get it. First, I get stuck all the time. Second, the controls are unpredictable. I click where I want my character to go and it just stands there. I use the keyboard keys and my character goes the opposite direction.

I need 25 ghosts and the highest I've gotten is 20. This is why I didn't finish the High School Musical Quest from like a year ago!!

• KING OF CABMF'S

Re: I need serious Haunted Mansion game help

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    This is the most frustrating game. I just can't get it. First, I get stuck all the time. Second, the controls are unpredictable. I click where I want my character to go and it just stands there. I use the keyboard keys and my character goes the opposite direction.

I need 25 ghosts and the highest I've gotten is 20. This is why I didn't finish the High School Musical Quest from like a year ago!!
    Well, first off, you move the mouse to make your avatar walk around.
    But click on the screen first before u attempt to move, that way you know the window is active.
    dont stop pressing the ctrl button, that way you make ten times as many attempts to catch the ghost.
    When you capture your enemy while he/she is a ghost, although it counts for two points, those points dont count towards anything on the quest (like if you have 23 points and caught your enemy once, it only counts for 21 points)
    you should have enough room to slide your mouse around, because the direction of your avatar depends on where the cursor is moved.
    Dont get frustrated! Thats what gets to you. if you move and get stuck behind a fence, dont get angry, just maneuver your avatar around the fence.
    Start on one floor at a time. when you caught all the ghosts there, move the the bottom floor (that way you catch ten-15 ghosts on the top floor, then when you get to the bottom floor you have a fresh batch of ghost to whoop )
    Your keyboard cannot move the avatar (i dont believe), idk why, just another vmk thing they should fix
    HOPE THIS HELPS
    ADD ME.[:

WHAT I'VE LEARNED FROM MICECHAT...
    1. IF YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THE MAJORITY OPINION, YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.
    2. IF THERE'S CHIPPED PAINT IN THE QUEUE FOR A LINE, EXPECT SOMEONE TO WRITE OUT A BIG STORY BASHING IT. WOOHOO.
    3. IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 24, YOU'RE AN 'EISNER BRAT.'
    4. PEOPLE WHO ARE DEEMED AS 'MODERATORS' AND OTHER ADMINISTRATION ARE MORE IMPORTANT DIETIES THAN JESUS CHRIST.
    5. YOU CAN EXCPECT TO BE BADLY REPPED IF YOU TRY AND MAKE A SERIOUS POINT.
    6. YOU ARENT TAKEN SERIOUS IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 16.
    7. AS AN ADD-ON TO #6, YOU SHOULD BE TREATED AS A SUBORDINATEIF YOU ARE IN A THEME PARK WAITING 30 MINUTES IN LINE FOR A DRINK WHILE SOMEONE HAS TO RECOUNT PIZZAS.
    8. "Disney may not care to hear your comments, but we do." WTFFF??? THIS ISN'T A DISNEY FAN FORUM, IT'S A DISNETY BASHING SITE.
    9. CERTAIN PEOPLE OVER ANALYZE A SIMPLE THREAD AND CONSIDER IT TO BE A CONTRACT FULL OF LOOPHOLES THAT HE/SHE CAN GET AROUND.
    AND FINALLY...
    10. PROLONGED USE OF THIS SITE CAN CAUSE AN EXTREME HATE OF DISNEY AND ALL DISNEY RELATED THINGS.

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

Thanks...my other prob is turning into a ghost myself....I keep running into the ghosts.

I was clicking and clicking to use the mouse. I didn't know I DIDN'T have to click.

Quote Originally Posted by evanescence4ever View Post
    Well, first off, you move the mouse to make your avatar walk around.
    But click on the screen first before u attempt to move, that way you know the window is active.
    dont stop pressing the ctrl button, that way you make ten times as many attempts to catch the ghost.
    When you capture your enemy while he/she is a ghost, although it counts for two points, those points dont count towards anything on the quest (like if you have 23 points and caught your enemy once, it only counts for 21 points)
    you should have enough room to slide your mouse around, because the direction of your avatar depends on where the cursor is moved.
    Dont get frustrated! Thats what gets to you. if you move and get stuck behind a fence, dont get angry, just maneuver your avatar around the fence.
    Start on one floor at a time. when you caught all the ghosts there, move the the bottom floor (that way you catch ten-15 ghosts on the top floor, then when you get to the bottom floor you have a fresh batch of ghost to whoop )
    Your keyboard cannot move the avatar (i dont believe), idk why, just another vmk thing they should fix
    HOPE THIS HELPS

OMG! Thank you so much! I did it! You really helped me out! Thanks!

• KING OF CABMF'S

OMG! Thank you so much! I did it! You really helped me out! Thanks!
    No Problem Im very happy you beat the game Congratulations

Thanks...my other prob is turning into a ghost myself....I keep running into the ghosts.
    Well, becoming a ghost is not a good thing.
    But if you want to know, you have to run into your own ghosts, then you become a ghost yourself
    ADD ME.[:

1. IF YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THE MAJORITY OPINION, YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.
    2. IF THERE'S CHIPPED PAINT IN THE QUEUE FOR A LINE, EXPECT SOMEONE TO WRITE OUT A BIG STORY BASHING IT. WOOHOO.
    4. PEOPLE WHO ARE DEEMED AS 'MODERATORS' AND OTHER ADMINISTRATION ARE MORE IMPORTANT DIETIES THAN JESUS CHRIST.
    7. AS AN ADD-ON TO #6, YOU SHOULD BE TREATED AS A SUBORDINATEIF YOU ARE IN A THEME PARK WAITING 30 MINUTES IN LINE FOR A DRINK WHILE SOMEONE HAS TO RECOUNT PIZZAS.
    8. "Disney may not care to hear your comments, but we do." WTFFF??? THIS ISN'T A DISNEY FAN FORUM, IT'S A DISNETY BASHING SITE.
    9. CERTAIN PEOPLE OVER ANALYZE A SIMPLE THREAD AND CONSIDER IT TO BE A CONTRACT FULL OF LOOPHOLES THAT HE/SHE CAN GET AROUND.
    AND FINALLY...
    10. PROLONGED USE OF THIS SITE CAN CAUSE AN EXTREME HATE OF DISNEY AND ALL DISNEY RELATED THINGS.

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

No Problem Im very happy you beat the game Congratulations

Well, becoming a ghost is not a good thing.
    But if you want to know, you have to run into your own ghosts, then you become a ghost yourself
    well i spoke to soon...i won, but then didn't answer the next question right...have to start all over again....

• KING OF CABMF'S

well i spoke to soon...i won, but then didn't answer the next question right...have to start all over again....
    oh thats just awful. if ya want, i think they may have a place where you can ask for hints on quest questions under tips and tricks, im not so sure if they do that anymore tho since its agaimst vmk values
    ADD ME.[:

AND FINALLY...

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

• Why can't you tune a fish

Arrow keys move your player.

It works a LOT better than the mouse, at least for me.

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony