• Circle of Ancients

Metroid: Prime 3 Preview!!!

Hey Wii Owners,

You all should have had a little surprise this morning from Nintendo. A down-loadable free preview movie of Metroid Prime 3.

Looks absolutely sweet!!!

Re: Metroid: Prime 3 Preview!!!

yep Nintendo seems to be getting on the ball with this stuff

it's pretty moderate but I'm glad to see them taking steps forward with their firmware update and now actualy using WiiWare to hype new games, hopefully they streamline this kinda stuff more in the future

clearly the preview is going to update itself again on the 13th which is also when the origional Metroid hits VC according to their shopping channel and then Super Metroid hits a week later then a few days after that you'll have Metroid Prime 3

looks like this month of Metroid thing is what they're planning to hype this game

I love how Nintendo launches this a couple days after IGN ran an article complaining about Nintendo not hyping Metroid Prime 3

course Nintendo needs to start running TV adds soon too

• Earth Intruder

I downloaded and watched this morning:

Basically the "preview" is a program from which it streams video files from the web in real time. Unfortunately, the wireless in the Wii really really stinks, so it was a lot of stopping and starting while it "buffered". Also the video quality wasn't great, obviously the actual game is going to look better. The trailer is definitely cool!!! From the preview, it looks like the gameplay (and the music) is exactly the same as Metroid Prime 1 and 2 -- let's hope this isn't the case in the final build.

2 video files are available today, and two more in another week. The game comes out on August 28th, yay!

I'm on the fence as far as whether previewing games in this manner is effective, or frustrating, considering I can get the same video files on an actual computer, which looks better and is faster to download. I wish that actual game DEMOS could be downloaded (the Ps3 and I think the Xbox360 do this) but of course the Wii does not have a hard drive; any more info than an N64 game would suck up all of your save blocks -- and I am assuming a Metroid 3 Demo would be rather larger than that!!!
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

• Circle of Ancients

^ Really? We didn't have any issues with ours stopping and the quality was awesome.

Maybe check your wireless.

• Pilot EdForceOne

I'll have to check when I get home. I know downloading any updates via my wii seem to take AGES.. and my wireless is plenty fast on my laptop on the same net. We'll see how it goes
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    ^ Really? We didn't have any issues with ours stopping and the quality was awesome.

Maybe check your wireless.

I didn't have that issue either

the problem could be caused by a number of different sources

it could be your wifi it could be your ISP it could've been the traffic on the nintendo servers at the time or your distance from them

I hope they create a more general games preview channel though so that way I don't have to redownload crud when I want to look at previews for stuff like Mario Galaxy (assuming they continue to do online previews) it'd be cool to see the photo on the preview channel change every time they're hyping something else

• Earth Intruder

Quote Originally Posted by Jspider View Post
    I didn't have that issue either

the problem could be caused by a number of different sources

it could be your wifi it could be your ISP it could've been the traffic on the nintendo servers at the time or your distance from them
    I've always had issues with the wireless on the wii, it often tells me to check my internet connection, when the connection is fine. I just keep hitting "retry" and then it eventually works.

At first I thought it was because I have a 2.4 wireless device (my wireless PC gamepad receiver) hooked into the PC near the wireless transmitter, except that the Wii has problems whether or not that is plugged in.

My roommate's PC and my Ps3 have zero problems having fast internet connections from that very same wireless transmitter regardless of whether the pad is plugged in.

Maybe the inconsistent stream rate was just Nintendo's servers this morning, since everyone was trying to see the preview at that time. I would call the presentation (of the first video) "awesome" in that it was edited well and really looked fun. The video QUALITY, on the other hand, wasn't too spectacular, which is surprising since it was shrunk down so much (i.e. didn't fill the screen).
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

• Pilot EdForceOne

FYI Chern... the wii may not like your wireless AP.

I had a dlink router before that neither my Wii nor DSs would lock onto reliably unless I put it in 1-2mbit speed mode.

I've never had an incompatibility like that in AGES... but the Wii did not like my Dlink. Now I have a different AP and the Wii works when it is at full speed.. haven't had anything really to download yet to test its performance yet. Maybe watch metriod today
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Check out the new Aurora preview, looks like an old friend is coming back.