• Minion

Now Selling Super Rare?

This is rediculous. They are selling blue princess (full), Flip hat and even Pan. I never had Pan or Flip. I really wanted flip badly. But I should be saying this is a good thing because i never had pan or flip right? Wrong. I like trying to see what type of deals i can get. Now knowing everyone has it.. it's kind of pointless to trade.

• KING OF CABMF'S

Re: Now Selling Super Rare?

Yes, as said many times, it seems that the VMK bank in coming under inflation. Now that these items are more prosperous, they lose value very rapidly. I was in a room the other day and every person was wearing a flip hat! I think that if vmk cant think of any new ideas soon we are going to have a stock market crash on vmk so-to-speak.
    ADD ME.[:

WHAT I'VE LEARNED FROM MICECHAT...
    1. IF YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THE MAJORITY OPINION, YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.
    2. IF THERE'S CHIPPED PAINT IN THE QUEUE FOR A LINE, EXPECT SOMEONE TO WRITE OUT A BIG STORY BASHING IT. WOOHOO.
    3. IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 24, YOU'RE AN 'EISNER BRAT.'
    4. PEOPLE WHO ARE DEEMED AS 'MODERATORS' AND OTHER ADMINISTRATION ARE MORE IMPORTANT DIETIES THAN JESUS CHRIST.
    5. YOU CAN EXCPECT TO BE BADLY REPPED IF YOU TRY AND MAKE A SERIOUS POINT.
    6. YOU ARENT TAKEN SERIOUS IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 16.
    7. AS AN ADD-ON TO #6, YOU SHOULD BE TREATED AS A SUBORDINATEIF YOU ARE IN A THEME PARK WAITING 30 MINUTES IN LINE FOR A DRINK WHILE SOMEONE HAS TO RECOUNT PIZZAS.
    8. "Disney may not care to hear your comments, but we do." WTFFF??? THIS ISN'T A DISNEY FAN FORUM, IT'S A DISNETY BASHING SITE.
    9. CERTAIN PEOPLE OVER ANALYZE A SIMPLE THREAD AND CONSIDER IT TO BE A CONTRACT FULL OF LOOPHOLES THAT HE/SHE CAN GET AROUND.
    AND FINALLY...
    10. PROLONGED USE OF THIS SITE CAN CAUSE AN EXTREME HATE OF DISNEY AND ALL DISNEY RELATED THINGS.

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

• I am CaptainGreen!

I know i didnt have any of these items before, but i mean come on VMK try and be more original and stop doing the same things over. Stop putting out items that are rare, i like to try and acquire it myself.
    The Sea brought Ye here the Sea can have Ye back...
    - CapitanNemo

• I am dragon hear me roar!

Okay, I must inject my personal 2 cents...

None of the items VMK has released recently is "rare" or "super rare." These items are abundant in the game. The reason many people think they are rare is because every now and then something becomes the "in" thing to have. The last few months, the green flip hat and princess Minnie hat were the "in" items. Demand increased and those that were trading them took advantage of this rise and started asking for ridiculous amounts for them. At the same time, there were others who had the items but wouldn't trade them because they saw this sudden increase and demand and began thinking the value had gone up. So they took the chance of holding on to it to see if the value would continue to increase.

This is the way trading works. You watch the market and keep and eye out for what people want. Sometimes it's clothes, other times pins, sometimes beta. Right now I could try to trade off my black candlestick (which is beta and indeed "rare") but I wouldn't get much for it. Why? Because nobody is really looking for it. When demand increases, so do the values of the offers.

The flip hat was not a very rare hat. The musketeer hat could be considering it was ugly and nobody wanted to buy it. But who really wants the musketeer hat? Therefore its value never increased. The flip hat is a common hat that many like. Therefore demand is greater and value is increased.

Regardless of it being released, a year from now, I guarantee there will be an equivalent demand for the flip hat.

• I am CaptainGreen!

Good Point, but i dont really care about items as much as some people do...
    The Sea brought Ye here the Sea can have Ye back...
    - CapitanNemo

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDragonErin View Post
    Okay, I must inject my personal 2 cents...

None of the items VMK has released recently is "rare" or "super rare." These items are abundant in the game. The reason many people think they are rare is because every now and then something becomes the "in" thing to have. The last few months, the green flip hat and princess Minnie hat were the "in" items. Demand increased and those that were trading them took advantage of this rise and started asking for ridiculous amounts for them. At the same time, there were others who had the items but wouldn't trade them because they saw this sudden increase and demand and began thinking the value had gone up. So they took the chance of holding on to it to see if the value would continue to increase.

This is the way trading works. You watch the market and keep and eye out for what people want. Sometimes it's clothes, other times pins, sometimes beta. Right now I could try to trade off my black candlestick (which is beta and indeed "rare") but I wouldn't get much for it. Why? Because nobody is really looking for it. When demand increases, so do the values of the offers.

The flip hat was not a very rare hat. The musketeer hat could be considering it was ugly and nobody wanted to buy it. But who really wants the musketeer hat? Therefore its value never increased. The flip hat is a common hat that many like. Therefore demand is greater and value is increased.

Regardless of it being released, a year from now, I guarantee there will be an equivalent demand for the flip hat.

There is also player churn to think about. People play VMK for a while, gather some "rare" items, and then drop off the face of the earth.

This lowers the available pool of those items. Right now everybody and their mother has a flip hat. In 6 months Ill bet half those people will no longer be playing, and a new crop of non-flip hat owning people will be there to replace them. Then your flip hats will be worth something again. I think the flip hat is ugly, and never would have traded for one. Now, since its a buyable hat, I have 15 of them, but thats what I do with all limited items, ugly or not. I will hold one for myself and in about 3 months when demand starts going up again I will start trading them away.

I try not to hold stuff for more than a few months. I traded my last extra pair of cowboy pants away last week, now I just have one. They will be out again sometime, you just know it.

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

• Purple Crates ♥

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    There is also player churn to think about. People play VMK for a while, gather some "rare" items, and then drop off the face of the earth.

This lowers the available pool of those items. Right now everybody and their mother has a flip hat. In 6 months Ill bet half those people will no longer be playing, and a new crop of non-flip hat owning people will be there to replace them. Then your flip hats will be worth something again. I think the flip hat is ugly, and never would have traded for one. Now, since its a buyable hat, I have 15 of them, but thats what I do with all limited items, ugly or not. I will hold one for myself and in about 3 months when demand starts going up again I will start trading them away.

I try not to hold stuff for more than a few months. I traded my last extra pair of cowboy pants away last week, now I just have one. They will be out again sometime, you just know it.

-dave
    Very true, Dave. Take for example, too, Princess dresses. there will always be a demand for those.

• KING OF CABMF'S

thats actually a very interesting theory, Dave
    I kinda agree.
    ADD ME.[:

WHAT I'VE LEARNED FROM MICECHAT...
    1. IF YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THE MAJORITY OPINION, YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.
    2. IF THERE'S CHIPPED PAINT IN THE QUEUE FOR A LINE, EXPECT SOMEONE TO WRITE OUT A BIG STORY BASHING IT. WOOHOO.
    3. IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 24, YOU'RE AN 'EISNER BRAT.'
    4. PEOPLE WHO ARE DEEMED AS 'MODERATORS' AND OTHER ADMINISTRATION ARE MORE IMPORTANT DIETIES THAN JESUS CHRIST.
    5. YOU CAN EXCPECT TO BE BADLY REPPED IF YOU TRY AND MAKE A SERIOUS POINT.
    6. YOU ARENT TAKEN SERIOUS IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 16.
    7. AS AN ADD-ON TO #6, YOU SHOULD BE TREATED AS A SUBORDINATEIF YOU ARE IN A THEME PARK WAITING 30 MINUTES IN LINE FOR A DRINK WHILE SOMEONE HAS TO RECOUNT PIZZAS.
    8. "Disney may not care to hear your comments, but we do." WTFFF??? THIS ISN'T A DISNEY FAN FORUM, IT'S A DISNETY BASHING SITE.
    9. CERTAIN PEOPLE OVER ANALYZE A SIMPLE THREAD AND CONSIDER IT TO BE A CONTRACT FULL OF LOOPHOLES THAT HE/SHE CAN GET AROUND.
    AND FINALLY...
    10. PROLONGED USE OF THIS SITE CAN CAUSE AN EXTREME HATE OF DISNEY AND ALL DISNEY RELATED THINGS.

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [: