Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Another Scammer on the loose

There is a scammer on the loose that actually has some really nice items and can show credits in kiosk. The item I lost will not be missed and I am ok with it. My own stupidity for trusting lol Oh well But upon writing a letter to the black hole I thought I would share with others ( All names have been removed but feel free to ask in messages Also the photo sent to contact did not have an edit to the names as u will see )
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read I know I wont get my item back (would be nice but not expected) but clearly something needs to be done to this kid and staff need to take a stand on players who steal and stop letting them get away with it.
    Item stolen : Turkey Leg pin
    Date : 8/27 Monday
    Time : 12:18 EST
    Person who stole : ( name removed )
    Photo proof of trade agreement : http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/7...amextraob0.png
    I was approached in a trade room by ( name removed ) who offered me credits via kiosk for some pins I had. My friend and I followed this kid to his room. When we got to his room he decided he only wanted one of the pins. I told him I was writting down his title in case he decided to trick me and informed him I would report him. I checked his kiosk for the correct amount of credits before the trade. I asked him in the room about the trade "Five grand for a turkey leg pin" he answered yes. Please see photo in link for my proof.
    http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/7...amextraob0.png
    I gave him the pin in trade and when we exited trade he boot me and then boot friend (seen in photo as (name reomoved) ).
    I went to one of ( name removed ) rooms and informed him if he did not return the pin he would be reported and I had taken a screen photo. He proceded to boot me again from his room and not return the stolen item. I reported him in game so that he would not be able to scam anyone else. The reply I got back from staff was
    " help button is only for emergencies " and some other stuff.
    The problem I had was this; This kid was allowed to stay in game trading and scamming others. Nothing was done to stop him in his tracks. I did my best to report a player who was clearly breaking the rules and staff chose to do nothing. Luckly I am an adult and not some kid that was crying in their room because of a stolen item. I know staff have the ability to check a trade and see what happened. They also have the ability to check the chat log to see what was said. Why was this person allowed to continue stealing from others? I watched him go in and out of rooms for well over an hour trading and offering. I did my best to inform others to only trade for actual items and not to trust him to trade credits. But why should a parent have to go and follow a person around to protect others from him stealing when staff had the ability to stop him? I am sadly disappionted in how a disney run site chooses to treat their guests. Clearly this is not what Yavn wanted when he created VMK and clearly staff need to take a tougher stand on stealing in game. Kids in this game work very hard for their items and to have them stolen and see staff do nothing is just wrong. You know it and I know it. To a kid it is the equivilant of having someone hit them in the face, tell a parent about it, and watch the parent walk away while they see the kid abuse others. They feel abondoned and helpless even when there is adults there who are supposed to be protecting them.
    -------------------------------------------------
    Ok stepping off my soap box lol See you all tomorrow for some pirates
    Happiness is ...
    Looking down Main Street at the castle
    Hugging Mickey Mouse
    The nightly fireworks
    Being completely worn out at the end of another wonderfull day in Disney
    "Make VMK safer one report at a time. Little kids play VMK too!"

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Re: Another Scammer on the loose

While it's tragic what happened to you, I don't believe the staff could do anything about it because it's against the rules to trade credits through a quest kiosk.

It is incredibly tragic, but that is the risk that comes associated with a trade like that.

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    While it's tragic what happened to you, I don't believe the staff could do anything about it because it's against the rules to trade credits through a quest kiosk.

It is incredibly tragic, but that is the risk that comes associated with a trade like that.

Yep, You also click that big disclaimer button about you realize this a a donation and not a trade when you trade for zero items.

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

• Release the Magic in you!

This sounds suspicious. Forever, can you PM Me a pic? i would like to invesigate this scammer.
    VMK was a good memory, won't be forgotten. But just because a games gone does not mean I am

Well seems this kid had a change of heart. He decided that it would be in his best interest to return my pin to me. When I asked him why he scammed me he shrugged it off and laughed. When I told him what he did could have really really hurt some kid his reply was " I lost my head idk lol ". He quickly exited the trade then had the nerve to ask me to be my friend. I quickly and politely responded with a trade room full (his room) " I will not be friends with someone who scammed me sorry" to which I was given the boot lol Yay another free flying lesson for me!
    ------------------------------------------------------------

4455356 - I will not send you anything ever. Why? Because you were there. Enough said. Feel free to click on the link I sent to conact us for a photo (see original post) However I did erase titles from the photo I have posted here. Staff have original photo with all names included.

Summer - while staff would never encourage credit trades and they do discourage it. No where in the rules does it state we are not allowed to trade for credits using a kiosk.

And yes I realized the risk. I had extras of that pin and knew there was always the possibility he could run off with it. Normally I do large or credit trades with a CL there to hold items. It was just a freak thing none of my leader friends were on at that time. I have had many sucessful trades with and without CL's there with no problems. I just happened to get the bad apple that day. Not everyone is like him and there are many honest good players out there.

Sad to think that this kids trade room may be full of stuff he scammed from kids. Hope he understands what he does to them real hurts. These kids work a long time for their rare and he has no right to take it.
    Happiness is ...
    Hugging Mickey Mouse
    The nightly fireworks

• Sock Puppet

Thank you so much for the heads up. The more information we have the more informed our trades are.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverWDW View Post
    Well seems this kid had a change of heart. He decided that it would be in his best interest to return my pin to me. When I asked him why he scammed me he shrugged it off and laughed. When I told him what he did could have really really hurt some kid his reply was " I lost my head idk lol ". He quickly exited the trade then had the nerve to ask me to be my friend. I quickly and politely responded with a trade room full (his room) " I will not be friends with someone who scammed me sorry" to which I was given the boot lol Yay another free flying lesson for me!
    ------------------------------------------------------------

4455356 - I will not send you anything ever. Why? Because you were there. Enough said. Feel free to click on the link I sent to conact us for a photo (see original post) However I did erase titles from the photo I have posted here. Staff have original photo with all names included.

Summer - while staff would never encourage credit trades and they do discourage it. No where in the rules does it state we are not allowed to trade for credits using a kiosk.

And yes I realized the risk. I had extras of that pin and knew there was always the possibility he could run off with it. Normally I do large or credit trades with a CL there to hold items. It was just a freak thing none of my leader friends were on at that time. I have had many sucessful trades with and without CL's there with no problems. I just happened to get the bad apple that day. Not everyone is like him and there are many honest good players out there.

Sad to think that this kids trade room may be full of stuff he scammed from kids. Hope he understands what he does to them real hurts. These kids work a long time for their rare and he has no right to take it.
    I Wasn't there sorry. I Just Wanted to See A Pic of this scammer thats all. oh well. Have a Magical Day!

Oh! And Thanx for the heads up!
    VMK was a good memory, won't be forgotten. But just because a games gone does not mean I am

WAIT! that is a Picture of me!! i was there. lol. sorry but i don't scam and never will. if that is what you think and if that you think is me. to show YOU proof, read my Feedback. i really do not know why you would post a false scammer

• Goodbye VMK.

uh yikes. seriously i have no comment. because im thinking something horrible.
    and so, the princess must leave her kingdom on May 21st, 2008. </3

don't think it's me. thats a false scam Post. go to a trade post of mine and go look at my Feed Back.

Well I will just say this. Staff have the record of the chat conversation, a record of whom I traded the pin too, and a photo of the agreement. They were informed in game when this happened and then when I wrote to contact us. Staff and my friends know I never lie and I always give the benefit of the doubt. However when it comes to someone hurting kids I will never hesitate to report. The guilty person will be delt with by staff in due time.
    Happiness is ...
    Hugging Mickey Mouse
    The nightly fireworks

• Goodbye VMK.

I dont think it's you, silly goose.
    i dont even know you that well, i dont accuse people of things.
    and so, the princess must leave her kingdom on May 21st, 2008. </3

Yeah whatever, this is a false scam report, never scam never will. thats always been my moto.

Penguin soda, can you please close this! i don't want fights to start.

And say all you want, i am not gonna reply or view this thread again. so.. lol
    Last edited by Sword99; 08-29-2007 at 03:25 PM.

• Hope&Dream

i dont want to get into the middle of this, but 4455256 maybe it wasn't you, maybe it was someone dressed like you.

Advatar made by SlitSilver!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast