• The Darkness to Light

Adding more stuff = Making VMK Better?

There's something I need to know. I've been to several fan sites (and banned by all of them at this point), and every once in a while, there will be a thread that comes along asking what the community believes will make VMK better.

Almost 95% of those posts involve adding a new item or feature to VMK.

Yet on a daily basis--moreso during the summer season--the same group of users complain about lag and not being able to get into games because of server issues.

I don't understand something here. Wouldn't the logical answer on how to make VMK better in those threads be something like "Fix the servers" or the like? I mean, you can add all the new features you want, but that doesn't mean they are any fun if they cannot handle the server load. It just seems counter-productive to say that VMK would be better with this new feature while still dealing with the issues of lag and server overloads bringing down the site.

While I'm on the subject, why do very few people think that the level of communication between the staff, both internally and between them and us users, is unimportant unless you are reporting something? Reporting a problem to the staff is only half of the communication that should be going on. The newsletter doesn't so much give us updated news so much as it gives us a heads-up as to who won the last contest. Where's the news? Where's the update on the Dream Month items and explination as to why there is no Friday Pin set? Where is the previews and teasers of what will be coming for Halloween? It is like the staff doesn't want us to know anything until the last second. Wouldn't things in VMK be better if they told us things more often? Not everything, but the important things.

It doesn't make sense to me why most of the users think adding more stuff makes the game better when you have all this already being an underlying problem with VMK.
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

Re: Adding more stuff = Making VMK Better?

lol do you ever have any thing positive to say about vmk and the people who play it?

• The Darkness to Light

I say positive things when positive things are due. So far, I have not seen much to post such positivity since the make-over of Castle Fireworks.

And, yes, I like the new fireworks.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by lolapinacola View Post
    lol do you ever have any thing positive to say about vmk and the people who play it?
    I think ZeekSlider is making a number of valueable points here. There has been a bit of a shake up with communication over the last few months. It has left a lot of us wondering. Not to mention the last few months (Summer months too) there was NO Host prize in the Host events and this month the Hosts 'randomly' are giving out their prizes.

The communication between players and staff for reporting is needed since the target audience for this game is young kids; however, an increase in communication on that level couldn't hurt either. I do recall VMK mentioning them re-working the Host/Staff duties a bit so maybe that is something that will be improved upon.

Please know that your opinion is valued here ZeekSlider as long as you are just expressing yourself and aren't attacking another member personally in doing so you are just fine. Just wanted to make that clear to you and others. Okay, now back to posting..

• I am dragon hear me roar!

People always whisper about me having possible connections. And that's how I get all my stuffs. Hehe! Well I do in fact have connections but not the ones that would get me free stuff. And in this situation, my connections are helpful.

Keep your eye on Disney Interactive's products. If you watch the last 6 months there's been quite a few additions and changes. These changes have led to a restructuring of their staff and workload. Remember, VMK is free. Other products like Toontown and Club Penguin are not. Where do you think resources will be diverted to first? Exactly.

In addition, keep your eye on job openings at Disney Interactive. The last few months I've seen several openings for Web Designers/Producers/Developers. Remember, Yavn may write all the newsletters he wants, but he's not the one who's going to post it to the site. Somebody else has the wonderful job. But if that somebody else has paid site priorities over free site priorities...well...

• I am number 4 of 999

Ick... do people actually play Toontown online?
    It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

• The Darkness to Light

LittleDragonErin, the fact that they are running four online games, three of which they charge for and can pay for themselves, is still no excuse for the lack of communication or lack of server fixes for VMK.

Call me idiotic, but even though VMK is a blatent form of advert-gaming, they should not treat it like it is some kind of banner ad that will be gone in a month if the game has exploded in a way beyound their expectations. That would be like letting WDW fall to pieces in areas that are the least traveled by part guests. (Oh, the irony behind that statement, but that's for another form.)

If the game has become this big to where the fan base is saying "We want more rares! We want more games!" then they should treat it like they do Pirates Online and Club Penguin. Allocate some of their advertisement money into VMK, because, let's face it, there are very few things after the 50th that is making me want to go to the park. VMK is helping that to a point with their quests, but they killed that. That means less people finding that little wood statue of Brer Bear they may miss every day, as well as that concriete imprint of the yeti's foot. They had an opprotunity to make some money for new servers if they promoted a High School Musical 2 event, even for one day, but missed the boat with that!

Just because it is free doesn't mean it should be the red-headed step child of Disney Interactive.