• Minion

Helpfull hint to not get banned on VMK

Ok i'm back with more HELPFULL items that might effect you on vmk

today, i was reporting someone for about scamming me and this is what they said:

Edit: i shrunk it

I think this was an accident or something but why did they do this?

Here is the story of the scam:

I went to a trade room and someone ( NAME TAKEN OUT ) said " Trading Inferno!" so i traded. well she said ok first you trade the items and i will go get it. and i hesitated ( glad i did) and i didnt think she had it on in the beginging anyway.. so i said i will brb i have to check something, i did. she never even had it on! so i said i will have to report you for about scamming me. and thats when i got that message apperantly.
    Last edited by Cold_Summers; 09-15-2007 at 08:45 PM. Reason: added story

• String Theory q:

Re: Helpfull hint to not get you banned, for some reason.

Wow! Maybe you should check in with Contact First? Wow! Thanks for the reminder.

Thanks to Mihawk, Piinoy, cyre, Midien, dance, uhm.. and alot of people!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by KangarooPocket View Post
    Wow! Maybe you should check in with Contact First? Wow! Thanks for the reminder.

ya it kind of confused me at first. But really, is it the computer or the ppl giving this information? if its the computerized program then it should be something else like with PPL? i mean scamming is against vmk values but yet it says its going to ban me? it makes no sence to me at all..

• Hola

It did that to me today too! I reported someone that said I go on vmk because my parents dont care about me... then he called me mental and some other things.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by fluffdog2 View Post
    It did that to me today too! I reported someone that said I go on vmk because my parents dont care about me... then he called me mental and some other things.
    ya.. well idk if its computerized or something IDK!

• Jedi Master Bird :)

Pretty sure they have automated replies, so it's quite possible they sent the wrong one.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Mihawk View Post
    Pretty sure they have automated replies, so it's quite possible they sent the wrong one.

ya, even when you said they were about to scam, which IS against vmk values. Idk why this was and automated reply, when you report someone for attempting to scam u?

• Release the Magic in you!

Quote Originally Posted by Vmk_Vmk_Addicted View Post
    Ok i'm back with more HELPFULL items that might effect you on vmk

today, i was reporting someone for about scamming me and this is what they said:

Edit: i shrunk it

I think this was an accident or something but why did they do this?

Here is the story of the scam:

I went to a trade room and someone ( NAME TAKEN OUT ) said " Trading Inferno!" so i traded. well she said ok first you trade the items and i will go get it. and i hesitated ( glad i did) and i didnt think she had it on in the beginging anyway.. so i said i will brb i have to check something, i did. she never even had it on! so i said i will have to report you for about scamming me. and thats when i got that message apperantly.

I know why. it is really a report for no reason, because they are not responsible for your Items and cannot get them back, therefore they can't really do anything to help. and people who listen to the scammers, it's there problem. not the Staff.

Hope i stated the question

P.S: Yes Scamming is against VMK Values, but as said, it's your fault you listened and Staff cannot help to get the items back, so the report really was as faultey.
    VMK was a good memory, won't be forgotten. But just because a games gone does not mean I am

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 4455356 View Post

P.S: Yes Scamming is against VMK Values, but as said, it's your fault you listened and Staff cannot help to get the items back, so the report really was as faultey.
    But, shouldn't the reason to report be so that the scammer doesn't continue in the future, and get punished for doing something against vmk values?

My thoughts are that it is an automated response. Probably not so people just keep reporting people left and right. More an empty threat than anything else, but something to keep people in check.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by 4455356 View Post
    I know why. it is really a report for no reason, because they are not responsible for your Items and cannot get them back, therefore they can't really do anything to help. and people who listen to the scammers, it's there problem. not the Staff.

Hope i stated the question

I didnt go with the trade, i reported for about scamming and going to start problems in vmk.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    But, shouldn't the reason to report be so that the scammer doesn't continue in the future, and get punished for doing something against vmk values?

My thoughts are that it is an automated response. Probably not so people just keep reporting people left and right. More an empty threat than anything else, but something to keep people in check.

exactly my thoughts also.