Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• Senior Minion

Re: What "ticks" you off??

Well I'm just hoping that those who use words such as "ppl" and "plz" don't put that in their papers for school. I've seen it a few times, and that is just bad.

• I embrace my insanity.

New Pet Peeves...

I'll be in a trade room, and I'll say I'm trading something. So someone requests me, and I'll accept. They say they're interested in the item, so I put it up, and they put a load of junk up and hit the accept button like I'm automatically going to accept it. Man that's annoying...

I also hate when people request to trade you, you decline the request, and they try again. What, they think because I denied the first time I'm going to accept again like I made a mistake the first time?

Blegh.

• The Darkness to Light

Quote Originally Posted by TikiRoomLiz View Post
    Well I'm just hoping that those who use words such as "ppl" and "plz" don't put that in their papers for school. I've seen it a few times, and that is just bad.
    There was a news report about that several years ago. Apparently, a girl at Harvard Law wrote her entire mid-term paper in IM short hand, confusing the professor as well as socialogist on campus.

Recently, the local school programs here in my state are making it very clear to their students: type any part of your paper in IM short hand and you automatically fail, even if your paper is a rough draft. Made the local news because some "soccer mom" complained about it. I'm just glad it never left the state and made national news.

Quote Originally Posted by dance_is_life View Post
    New Pet Peeves...

I'll be in a trade room, and I'll say I'm trading something. So someone requests me, and I'll accept. They say they're interested in the item, so I put it up, and they put a load of junk up and hit the accept button like I'm automatically going to accept it. Man that's annoying...

I also hate when people request to trade you, you decline the request, and they try again. What, they think because I denied the first time I'm going to accept again like I made a mistake the first time?

Blegh.
    See, this is why I turn my trade requests off.
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by TikiRoomLiz View Post
    i usually dont unless writing a note, but i can admit when im typing on Microsoft word i sometimes just put 'i' instead of 'I' but i corrects it

• Hola

What gets annoying is that you can't say one on vmk, I know that they do that because the don't want people typing out there phone number or address, but sometimes I catch myself typing " on " instead of one.

• Release the Magic in you!

Yeah, that really does suck.
    VMK was a good memory, won't be forgotten. But just because a games gone does not mean I am

well wat i dont get is the wont put the word but the meaning of it;
    Examples;
    Address- Add Dress
    Name- Title
    Numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ect.- On, to, tree, for and ive

see what i mean although none will ever be added want it do more good to add, everyone says these sometime ((espically numbers)) just like the baby stuff...

• The Darkness to Light

If I'm understanding your post, which I can't because it's riddled with leet chat to the point where it took me a good 15 minutes, you want them to add words and numbers to the dictionary that could put their users at risk.

Adding the word "name" probably won't do much harm in one context ("What's the name of your room again?", "Name the dog friend of Mickey") but more often than not, I bet you will have users using it in a dangerous way ("Host_Lily! My name is Lily in real life!").

The same can be said about the numbers. While it would be easier to say scores you need in quests and other things, the fact you can say a combination of numbers could mean you could give out your phone numbers and mailing addresses.

That's why they are not in the dictionary.
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

Sure is why. VMK is supposed tobe save.. not a meeting Game.
    VMK was a good memory, won't be forgotten. But just because a games gone does not mean I am

When people use extra large font

• Hola

Quote Originally Posted by FabulousIsJam View Post
    well wat i dont get is the wont put the word but the meaning of it;
    Examples;
    Address- Add Dress
    Name- Title
    Numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ect.- On, to, tree, for and ive

see what i mean although none will ever be added want it do more good to add, everyone says these sometime ((espically numbers)) just like the baby stuff...
    Usually the vmk staff ban people when someone asks for your " Add.Dress " my friend asked me where I lived one time, then she said where she lived ( Even though I didn't ask ) and a month or so later she told me that she got banned for that.

So even if sombody really wants to find out where there friend lives and asks for their " add.dress " they will still get banned.

Yes-are-ree-bob-cok-tail!! this can always lead to banning when giving personal info.. and Yes that is a NO NO on VMK. staff don't want to treat us all like babies now do they?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234