Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
  1. #1

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,858

    why does the vmk

    close at a specific time and open at a specific time?
    Har har har

  2. #2

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Temecula, California
    Posts
    9,153

    Re: why does the vmk

    They can't saty up all night and moderate it. Plus, kids will stay up all night and play.

  3. #3

    • Haha. Mud is great :] <3
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    The biggest little city in the world...
    Posts
    830

    Re: why does the vmk

    they might get complaints from parents? i have no clue, but then again, club penguin is 24 hour service, and they dont have staff that are walking around inspecting things. Does toontown stay open 24 hours? i have no idea, i dont play toontown. anyone have any ideas?
    ----Heather
    vmk name: Heather_Princess


  4. #4

    • you can't scare me :D
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    1,711

    Re: why does the vmk

    Quote Originally Posted by soccerskinnyme View Post
    they might get complaints from parents? i have no clue, but then again, club penguin is 24 hour service, and they dont have staff that are walking around inspecting things. Does toontown stay open 24 hours? i have no idea, i dont play toontown. anyone have any ideas?
    toontown doesn't close.
    but vmk is different because it does have staff and they need to get their rest also
    formally known as:
    SkateboardP

  5. #5

    • A Person
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    in my world ( great place, lots of llama! )
    Posts
    46

    Re: why does the vmk

    why cant they do shifts?.. ok after reading that it seems kind of strange that u would take night shifts on a computer game O.o

    why do they base the time on Pacific Time?
    if fun were people, id be china!

  6. #6

    • Ding! Fries are done!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The Andromeda Galaxy
    Posts
    233

    Re: why does the vmk

    Because that's where their headquarters is.


  7. #7

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Just around the riverbend
    Posts
    8,057

    Re: why does the vmk

    If they didn't close VMK I'd be on it a whole lot more!


  8. #8

    • The Darkness to Light
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,557

    Re: why does the vmk

    Quote Originally Posted by Cozet36 View Post
    why cant they do shifts?.. ok after reading that it seems kind of strange that u would take night shifts on a computer game O.o
    Not really. Some of the bigger MMOGs out there do have night staffs. More often than not, it is people who they hire in other parts of the world that are already awake/are starting their morning.

    And with Disney management teams set up in Paris, Hong Kong, and Tokyo, I don't see how hiring a "night" staff would be a problem. Most of those places do have English speaking employees in one fashion or another. They also have American Imagineers working there on site from time to time. No reason they can't have a few people in each area working for VMK.

    Quote Originally Posted by barfownz View Post
    Plus, kids will stay up all night and play.
    I consider that an example of bad parenting. If you can't make your kid stop playing a game to sleep or go to the bathroom, there's something deeply wrong with them.
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

  9. #9

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    561

    Re: why does the vmk

    i know why, the staff thats there job, i might seem like its just a hobbby but they do get payed for it, so like many jobs they're not gonna stay up ALL night being that the staff are just a few of the workers... also they are on a different time frame than most their on Pacific ((or at least they do all the events in pacific and they go to work around 7 am if it is pacific)) ZeekSlider have to agree with you if you dont have enough self-control to stop playing the game you need to just quit before it becomes a BIG problem...

  10. #10

    • Release the Magic in you!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    a place :)
    Posts
    1,677

    Re: why does the vmk

    Quote Originally Posted by whitapino View Post
    toontown doesn't close.
    but vmk is different because it does have staff and they need to get their rest also
    This is Basicly the Answer -_-' heh
    VMK was a good memory, won't be forgotten. But just because a games gone does not mean I am

  11. #11

    • The Darkness to Light
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,557

    Re: why does the vmk

    Quote Originally Posted by ZeekSlider View Post
    Some of the bigger MMOGs out there do have night staffs. More often than not, it is people who they hire in other parts of the world that are already awake/are starting their morning.

    And with Disney management teams set up in Paris, Hong Kong, and Tokyo, I don't see how hiring a "night" staff would be a problem. Most of those places do have English speaking employees in one fashion or another. They also have American Imagineers working there on site from time to time. No reason they can't have a few people in each area working for VMK.
    Quoted for emphisis.

    The VMK staff doesn't have to be exclusively located in California, especially if the only concern right now is chat and safety moderation and monitoring.
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

  12. #12

    • A Person
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    in my world ( great place, lots of llama! )
    Posts
    46

    Re: why does the vmk

    Quote Originally Posted by ZeekSlider View Post
    Not really. Some of the bigger MMOGs out there do have night staffs. More often than not, it is people who they hire in other parts of the world that are already awake/are starting their morning.


    I consider that an example of bad parenting. If you can't make your kid stop playing a game to sleep or go to the bathroom, there's something deeply wrong with them.

    i agree..

    im guessing WOW ( a.k.a World Of Warcraft ) has people that take night shifts?
    if fun were people, id be china!

  13. #13

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    The Land Of Milk And Cookie's
    Posts
    1,213

    Re: why does the vmk

    I think they close the game bc its based on magic kingdom.. and magic kingdom opens at 10.. and i think closes at 12? i forgot when vmk closes bc it is VIRTUAL MAGIC KINGDOM so i would guess that it closes/opens at the same time as real 1

  14. #14

    • A Person
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    in my world ( great place, lots of llama! )
    Posts
    46

    Re: why does the vmk

    ahhh my brain hurts..
    if fun were people, id be china!

  15. #15

    • The Darkness to Light
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,557

    Re: why does the vmk

    Quote Originally Posted by Cozet36 View Post
    im guessing WOW ( a.k.a World Of Warcraft ) has people that take night shifts?
    More than likely, as well as probably a night shift technician should a server explode or something, even though the traffic would be lighter. In my experiance, the nights on most MMOs like WOW are the best times to play as you get the people that actually play the game right and are not concerned with petty things like items, credits, Taken, Baby, Cute or Boot, etc. You also get less preditors online, which is like a breath of fresh air on a crowded subway train to us older users that tend to act like big kids online.

    I would guess that VMK could do the exact same thing. There probably won't be any more than a handfull of players (under 1,000 if even that) between the hours of midnight and 05:00 AM, and most of them would be people that can actually stay up that late with very few kids around. The only thing the moderation staff would have to do is monitor everything they normally do, but the benifit to them is that the work load would be lighter.

    To top it off, the severs won't be so laggy, as not everyone is pinging (reads: trying to sign on or do something on VMK) all at the same time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Flame View Post
    I think they close the game bc its based on magic kingdom.. and magic kingdom opens at 10.. and i think closes at 12? i forgot when vmk closes bc it is VIRTUAL MAGIC KINGDOM so i would guess that it closes/opens at the same time as real 1
    Hate to break it to you, but theme parks have seasonal hours that change depending on when school general starts and ends. During the summer months, theme parks extend their hours to maximize profit and guest attendence. During the school season, they compensate for small crowds by having shorter operational hours as well as cancelling unneeded entertainment during most of the week. That's why during the month of January, Fantasmic! only shows on weekends instead of twice nightly like over the summer.

    If VMK is suppose to act like the reaon park in operational hours, I would guess that it would be closed by 8 PM PST during this time of the month... as well as maybe charge us an extra 300 credits to stay later to enjoy the Halloween event similar to what WDW does with their holiday parties. (okay, okay, I admit, that was a cheap shot at them, but can you blame me when Tokyo Disneyland offers their Halloween and Christmas stuff for no additional fee to any of their guests? I don't think even the original Disneyland does that!)
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •