Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So, any rumors about latest version of VMK TCG?

Anyone hear any rumors about the latest version of VMK Trading Card Game?

I mean, what has it been, a month since they released the basic version and Yavn still hasn't updated in over a month and a half.

I think people have grasped the concept of how to play it.

So anyone hear anything about the release of the newest version?

After a somewhat disappointing summer and a "nothing-to-do" theme for the month of September, the TCG will be a welcomed change.

• Banned User

Re: So, any rumors about latest version of VMK TCG?

Are there prizes given after winning this game?

Quote Originally Posted by barfownz View Post
    That's one of the biggest mysteries of this game.

Some believe that once the newest version is released, there will be some sort of prize.

While the Basic version of the game does hint that you can win the cards and place them in your trophy case, it is unclear whether you can redeem the virtual prizes that are featured in the game (i.e. the Figment hat, Forgotten Ride series pins, etc...).

• Release the Magic in you!

we all wish
    VMK was a good memory, won't be forgotten. But just because a games gone does not mean I am

• The Darkness to Light

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Yeti View Post

Some believe that once the newest version is released, there will be some sort of prize.

While the Basic version of the game does hint that you can win the cards and place them in your trophy case, it is unclear whether you can redeem the virtual prizes that are featured in the game (i.e. the Figment hat, Forgotten Ride series pins, etc...).
    The popular rumor I read is that you will be given a code that will give you a randomly selected item from your deck.

I doubt that will be true, because then all we would have to do is load the deck with items we want and play until we win. In other words, if I really wanted that Tower of Terror Teleporter, all I would have to do is just make sure my deck of cards had nothing BUT ToT Teleporters and I would get it once I won against... well, whoever you are suppose to beat to get prizes.

I'm still not sure if you get prizes for beating the computer or for beating another player. I'd like to know the rumors behind that as well.
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeekSlider View Post
    The popular rumor I read is that you will be given a code that will give you a randomly selected item from your deck.

I doubt that will be true, because then all we would have to do is load the deck with items we want and play until we win. In other words, if I really wanted that Tower of Terror Teleporter, all I would have to do is just make sure my deck of cards had nothing BUT ToT Teleporters and I would get it once I won against... well, whoever you are suppose to beat to get prizes.

I'm still not sure if you get prizes for beating the computer or for beating another player. I'd like to know the rumors behind that as well.
    Yes. If they were coming out with prizes, then that seems the most likely way to do it.

If you notice, not all the cards available for play are available for display in the trophy case.

And, here's something to think about: what if there are no prizes. Maybe it's just a game, and maybe the most you can win are credits.

What if the cards are only based off items that will eventually be released through the actual game and not the TCG.

Not saying that is the way it's going to be, but with VMK always getting our hopes up and then letting us down, it is a possibility.

• The Darkness to Light

If the TCG gave out only credits, there's going to be a lot of angry players out there. I won't be one of them. I'll be the one sitting back and watching the flames burn.

That said, it is very possible that the items would come out in the stores, of which I wouldn't mind as long as they are either perminent additions, re-released when appropriate, or fairly distributed among the masses. The last thing I want to see is something like "submit a joke to the newsletter and you could win a Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor Room of your own!" only for it to end up being like Push's Trivia where it is litterally a lotto drawing. I don't like games of chances with some items, especially if we cannot trade for them.

• Banned User

Since VMK Central is gone at both U.S. parks...They'll have to give us prizes some how. We can't live with Event prizes and buyables our whole life.

I would take event prizes and buyables over this month's theme.

While it seemed cool at first, absolutely nothing new has come out for this month (excluding the Shield Table which probably should have come out last month).

The month is almost over, and still no prizes for me.

I thought they would come out with the new version of TCG this month to make up for that.

They have so many great items featured, but eventually people will get bored and not care.

I think in order to get most VMK players to have enthusiasm in the game, they need to come out with the next version of TCG.

• Banned User

I'm still searching for the castle room or Dream ears.

I know I would love the Cinderella Castle Suite. To bad that is probably the rarest.

• The Darkness to Light

Since VMK Central is gone at both U.S. parks...They'll have to give us prizes some how. We can't live with Event prizes and buyables our whole life.
    I would take event prizes and buyables over this month's theme.
    It would appear some of us can. Frankly, I prefer we do nothing but event prizes and buyables. Maybe now VMK will release a Haunted Mansion Room quest where you can get the Haunted Mansion Conservatory Guest Room since, well, you know why.

I'm still searching for the castle room or Dream ears.
    I know I would love the Cinderella Castle Suite. To bad that is probably the rarest.
    I gave up. I'll just have to accept the fact that I own every room in VMK you can get except for that one. Kind of like how I gave up my quest for all the magic in VMK with the introduction of the Single Use Pin AND how I stopped caring about owning all the costumes they came out with when I saw the Stitch Hat *shudders*.

Yeah, they need to start releasing new stuff since the In-Park Quests are going away.

Maybe once they finally close VMK Central, they will release the TCG so we can have access (hopefully) to all of this new stuff.

well being that Yavn has not updated in a month and a half, theres not really anything to go on, if you know wat i mean~~

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

My kids have had little time to play lately, and with the new format of prize winning, they've lost almost all interest.

With that, I'm losing interest, too.
    Fight On! Beat the Bulldogs!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Speaking of "drive-by" my cousin just became the new drummer for -Train-
    This device kills fascists.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast