Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• String Theory q:

09/27/07 - Yavn Speaks

9/27 Live and direct from VMK Central, it's the latest VMK news! In this exciting edition we've got news about the month of October and an update on the CL program. Plus, the scoop on the latest update to the VMK Trading Card Game! And now, with this and much more, heeeeerrre's Yavn!

Yavn Returns
    Hello again! It's yours truly, back again with another exciting edition of Yavn Speaks. I know, I know "Where have you been?? What have you been up to? What's going on with VMK?" Well, like most of you, since summer's over I had to get back to work in fact, myself and the rest of the VMK team have been hard at work on lots of very cool additions you'll find out what we've been up to soon enough, but right now let's take a look at what's on tap for the month ahead:

Take Me To Your Leader
    First up, some news you've been waiting for about our Community Leader program we've talked about this before, we're in the process of re-working the program. I'll tell you about how the new system will work in a future Newsletter, but for now the current program's being put on hold as of October 24, 2007.

If you're currently a CL, the CL status will be removed from your title/character name on October 24th.

Remember, don't get upset if didn't get a chance to be a CL. We're re-tooling the program to make it better, so you'll have more chances. We'll have more details soon. Stay tuned!

Leaving the Magic Kingdom
    As you already know, we're closing VMK Central at the Magic Kingdom Park on September 30, 2007 this will be the last day you can Quest in-Park at the Magic Kingdom. As I've said before, as time goes by we're changing the way Quests, rewards, and other parts of VMK work. The game, very much like our theme parks, is always changing. We've always tried to experiment with unique ways of doing things, like in-Park Questing, and we'll continue to do that (for example, we'll still be doing cool stuff in the Parks, like the merchandise cards and the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage Quest) but those things won't revolve just around VMK Central.

Thanks to everyone that Quested in-Park at both Walt Disney World and Disneyland. Remember you can still play the Finding Nemo Submarine Quest at Disneyland (but hurry, it will be ending soon). So if you can, get to the Magic Kingdom and Quest this weekend!

Now that we got that news out of the way, here are some announcements I'm sure you want to hear:

Fall In!
    The leaves are turning color, school is back in session, candy and Halloween costumes have taken over your local drug store it can only mean one thing Halloween is right around the corner! At VMK Central, we're getting some very special treats ready for you like some new avatar costumes, a special end of the month Halloween-themed event and the return of the weekend pin!

VMK's getting ready for a spooktacular Halloween. Items like this Mickey Pumpkin hat will be coming in October!

This is just a sample of all the cool stuff we have coming! Besides all the Halloween treats, we're working on cool stuff for the months ahead too I'll have more details on that in a future Newsletter, so stay tuned.

VMK Trading Card: Advanced
    It's been a few weeks since we've talked about the Trading Card game, if you haven't played it yet, be sure to check it out in the VMK Arcade. We rolled out the Basic version to give you a chance to try the game, in the next few weeks we'll introduce the Advanced version of the game!

That's right, I said the advanced version this version will have lots more features like the ability to play against another player instead of just the computer! Plus, you'll be able to collect and build your own virtual set of cards! And yes, you WILL be able to play for and win virtual items from the VMK Trading Card Game in this version.

VMK Trading Card Game: Advanced coming soon!

What's Your Dream?
    Finally, what do you guys think of Dreams Month? We're really excited to be making our players dreams come true! Remember the program randomly places Host in certain places at certain times so they don't know where they will be in advance. Plus, the VMK Dream item they give is generated by our system so they can only give out what they're supposed to. so while asking a Host for a Dreams Reward is nice, don't be mad at them when they can't give you something, they have to follow the program so it's fair for everyone!

One of the VMK Dreams items, the Castle Suite, it's well, Sweet!
    That's a Wrap!
    Alright then, I've got to get back to testing the advanced version of the Trading Card Game! Since I'm super, super busy, I know my column may not be updated as frequently as you'd like, just remember my pal Push updates weekly (in addition to the other sections), so be sure to keep checking the whole Newsletter for the latest VMK News.

I'll be back with some more exciting VMK news soon, until then, see you in the game.
    -Yavn
    Last edited by BigPigletFan; 09-27-2007 at 04:19 PM. Reason: removed hotlinked images

Thanks to Mihawk, Piinoy, cyre, Midien, dance, uhm.. and alot of people!

Re: Yavn Speaks 9/27/07

Arg beat me to it! Thanks a lot Now let me read it rofl

EDIT: Okay, great...nothing very new and exciting about this newsletter.

• Saving Wizard City :)

Interesting to finally see an update.

Don't forget to rehost those images since they looked to be direct linked right now.

• Guest Room Interior.

Finally A really .. weird .. newsletter! What i think about the new mickey pumpkin hat .. makes u look fat no offense rofl! But thx for the new update, guess yavn has school too i guess lol
    Last edited by virtualmagicguy; 09-27-2007 at 03:10 PM.

• Haha. Mud is great :] <3

finally, long time, no newsletter! i miss that every-week update!
    ----Heather
    vmk name: Heather_Princess

• you can't scare me :D

i think the hat is a bit.. big.
    i wonder what prizes the new advanced version will bring.
    another plain newsletter.
    formally known as:
    SkateboardP

• 333: I'm only half evil!!

Blog Entries

Thanks for the update...sad to see the CL part removed from the players titles.
    AP Holder.
    Stay at home mom of 4 - Austin, Tyler, Sierra and Ashlyn.

Lol the hat is rather big! maybe it is made for big hair!!

Dreams

• 333: I'm only half evil!!

Blog Entries

I'm not fond of the hat either...very large!!
    AP Holder.
    Stay at home mom of 4 - Austin, Tyler, Sierra and Ashlyn.

Finally! After two months, a new update!

Glad to see we are actually getting new Halloween stuff rather than just rereleases. Hopefully we will get both.

I see he's admitted he has been lazy.

• I was deleted.

Re: 09/27/07 - Yavn Speaks

Interesting news, especially with the CL program. I'm excited for more dream ears! They're beginning to match my real life collection with blacks, golds, santa, dream, and soon pumpkin!

• Yes?

Ok....that pumpkin hat is just the coolest thing..ever! It will look perfect on Queen Candy Corn!
    Quote Originally Posted by larasound View Post
    am I the burrito man?

• I was deleted.

Leader Note:

This is a reminder to everyone here on MiceChat. When you post photos please make sure that you are not 'hotlinking' the image and are hosting them yourself. 'Hotlinking' means you are linking the image to the original site, which will increase the amount of bandwith.

If you have any questions feel free to ask a Mod or Leader. Thank you.

• vmk rocks!!

Talking yavn!!

yavn is back yay!! love the new ears, the advanced tcg i can not wait for!!

Quote Originally Posted by evilqueenrocks View Post
    Ok....that pumpkin hat is just the coolest thing..ever! It will look perfect on Queen Candy Corn!
    Yes you would i love your idea

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast