Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Copy Cats!

Copy Cats!

ok i guess want your opinons no hate toward jam ok ok well, if no one hasn't notice technologly is growing rapidly, well Vmk was wat i would say (along with Club Penguin) the beinging of the virtual stuff, well in the past month i have noticed that MANY companies are copying Vmk, yes virtual isn't copying but they are using CREDITS and the SAME stuff Vmk has~ and same with Webkinz which is a virtual pet thing but its more kid orrinated. and theres stuff copying it. ok well just wanted to point that out and again correct me if im wrong but not in a mean manner thanks ~ Fab Jammers ~

• Guest Room Interior.

Re: Copy Cats!

ummm .. what's your point? it doesn't matter if vmk is copying or whatever there copying, atleast your having fun on a favorite thing

Just to let you know, VMK wasn't first with the whole Virtual World either. Sulake (the creators of VMK) made Habbo Hotel back in 2001 andits now the worlds biggest virtual community with hotels around the whole world. It was through Habbo I found VMK in its first Beta days.

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanSWE View Post
    Just to let you know, VMK wasn't first with the whole Virtual World either. Sulake (the creators of VMK) made Habbo Hotel back in 2001 andits now the worlds biggest virtual community with hotels around the whole world. It was through Habbo I found VMK in its first Beta days.
    ok i knew i forgot something thanks~

And virtual yea i know but i just thought i'd point it out~~~

• I was deleted.

Disney has a patent on most of their VMK ideas, including ones they haven't explored yet so other game builders can't copy all that much.

• ForEverLiveStrong

And just adding to bpf VMK has probably had some copywrite laws too. But even so VMK wasn't the first "Vitual" game out there.

___ HOST_ForEverLiveStrong

_______ JK LOL

yea i know i found that out, and i never said it was the first i just said it was 1 of the many so yea,

• The Darkness to Light

Hate to tell you this, but VMK is technically copying from a lot of other games.

They are copying from Gaia Online, Zwingy (or Zingy or whatever it's called), and the handful of online dress-up doll sites with the costuming system.

They are copying from Magic, Yu-Gi-Oh!, and D&D with the Trading Card game they are working on.

One of the Tomorrowland Arcade games is a direct rip off of Asteroids.

Guest Rooms is nothing new, even with how you can furnish them and let other people visit them. Wasn't some other MMO doing that before VMK? Yes, so many I can't even name them all.

The store system dates back to the early days of RPGs where you had to go to a specific store in a game to get a specific item that only that store had and nobody else.

The Monorail System is a take on the Transfer Train from Animal Crossing, which is also a take from I believe a transport system from Earthbond.

And the whole "let's set the game up in a real location that has been done up to look better in the virtual world" angle has been done with The Sims, Second Life, There.com, and to some extent the environments of World of Warcraft.

VMK isn't so much original as it is just taking a Disney Spin on something that already exisits. That's why ToonTown can be compared to MapleStory (if you exclude the whole "it's free" promotion).
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

• Release the Magic in you!

Quote Originally Posted by FabulousIsJam View Post
    ok i guess want your opinons no hate toward jam ok ok well, if no one hasn't notice technologly is growing rapidly, well Vmk was wat i would say (along with Club Penguin) the beinging of the virtual stuff, well in the past month i have noticed that MANY companies are copying Vmk, yes virtual isn't copying but they are using CREDITS and the SAME stuff Vmk has~ and same with Webkinz which is a virtual pet thing but its more kid orrinated. and theres stuff copying it. ok well just wanted to point that out and again correct me if im wrong but not in a mean manner thanks ~ Fab Jammers ~
    It is not quite COPYING. If it were copying then it would look just like VMK but as long as they use there own creations, then QUOTE "WELCOME TO THE Hill of The Odds!"
    VMK was a good memory, won't be forgotten. But just because a games gone does not mean I am

ok did anyone read what i said? i dont think you guys have

• Release the Magic in you!

i hope you can say that in a less mean way
    VMK was a good memory, won't be forgotten. But just because a games gone does not mean I am

• the Happy Guy

VMK does it better for the most part..can't You feel the magic of Disneys Dream?? (which None of the other sites have) and is safer than any site I Know..And it's still Free!!
    No Mission is Impossible!

Quote Originally Posted by Psycomann View Post
    VMK does it better for the most part..can't You feel the magic of Disneys Dream?? (which None of the other sites have) and is safer than any site I Know..And it's still Free!!
    Well its the only Disney Virtual Community out there and VMK does it really good.. I Love the detail they've put into small details like the entrance to the Inner space shop when you go into the shrinking machine. But I totally agree with you. I don't like communities where you've got to pay for the items on the site since the items aren't real.

• The Darkness to Light

Quote Originally Posted by Psycomann View Post
    can't You feel the magic of Disneys Dream??
    That was rhetorical, right? Because I get more "Disney Magic" out of the Disney Fairies pixie-fied MySpace clone than I do from VMK on some days compared to others.
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

• Never give in.

I just wanna say...'.'

though this suject doesn't pertain to VMK, its kinda true. I'm always hearing people saying things like, ' Oh, Shining Stars goes to charity...' and ' Shining Stars had permission to use GANZ ideas. I'm tired of hearing it because Shining Stars led these other companies like TY to use these ideas. Ex. TY Girls and the Rescued Pet stuff....i don't really understand this.
    ♥ "Don't care about all the pain in front of me
    'Cause I'm just trying to be happy." ♥

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast