Did I Miss Something?

Okay, so maybe this isn't the perfect place for this, but today I went to Animal Kingdom for the first time! I got to see gorillas, elephants, tigers, a dragon (KOMODO dragon, that is), monkeys, snakes, bats...I also went to the It's Hard To Be a Bug show, rode the Dinosaur Time Rover and Expedition Everest rides, and went on the Safari, among other sights and experiences.

HOWEVER, I guess I wasn't looking in the right place, but I didn't find anyone that knew about VMK! I asked some shop workers if they had cards for codes to give out, but they didn't seem to have any idea what I was talking about! I'm not going back again in the near future, so did I ask the wrong people? Did I miss out on something great? I wanted a cool room or a pin or something, but now I just have great memories of a wonderful first time trip to a Disney World park (I've been to all the others in Florida MULTIPLE times), which I guess isn't that bad.

OH! HOW COULD I FORGET! I SAW PIPA! THE TALKING ROLLING RECYCLING BIN! A real high-pitched, funny sounding voice and a trash can on wheels right in front of the petting zoo area around noon. Anyone else go today and see him/her?
    Last edited by SportsGuy; 11-12-2007 at 03:35 PM. Reason: change PUSH to PIPA
    "Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason has once accepted in spite of your changing moods." -- C.S. Lewis

• Yes?

Re: Did I Miss Something?

Glad you had a good time!

All vmk quests have ended at WDW. Vmk central closed there in September. The only thing that is still available in the parks is the pirate pin series which you can buy.

And the trash can you saw was actually PIPA, a recycling bin, PUSH is in Tomorrowland at Magic Kingdom.
    Quote Originally Posted by larasound View Post
    am I the burrito man?

• Disney Dreams

Sounds like you had a wonderful time! Glad you enjoyed yourself. As for the VMK cards, normally the only thing you'd be able to do at Animal Kingdom that has to do with VMK is get your Thrill Seeker quest stamped at Kali River Rapids. However, all the VMK Quests are now void since VMK Central at the Magic Kingdom has been shut down, and no more quests can be turned in. But don't be surprised that alot of Cast Members have no clue about VMK. Many/Most of them don't. I still recall many workers at VMK Central itself that had no clue about the game! It seems pretty wild since we know all about it, but it's not as well-known as we thought

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by SportsGuy View Post
    OH! HOW COULD I FORGET! I SAW PUSH! THE TALKING ROLLING TRASH CAN! A real high-pitched, funny sounding voice and a trash can on wheels right in front of the petting zoo area around noon. Anyone else go today and see him/her?
    At Animal Kingdom? That's not Push, it's Pipa - the recycling trash can. I love him. hehe.

Anyway, others have answered your questions I believe. The in-parks quests ended in September and the only area of DAK that was directly associated with the quests was the front of Kali River Rapids since they were the ones to stamp the Thrill Seekers quests.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan View Post
    At Animal Kingdom? That's not Push, it's Pipa - the recycling trash can. I love him. hehe.

Anyway, others have answered your questions I believe. The in-parks quests ended in September and the only area of DAK that was directly associated with the quests was the front of Kali River Rapids since they were the ones to stamp the Thrill Seekers quests.
    Sorry I made the mistake about PIPA...didn't know about him/her. It was cool to see it move around and talk. It makes me wonder how they did it, because while everyone was looking at the can, I was scanning around the area to see if I could see someone with a remote control and a microphone! Those Imagineers are clever and crafty!

I will edit my above post to clear up the mistake, so if people are reading this later, that's why people are correcting me!
    "Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason has once accepted in spite of your changing moods." -- C.S. Lewis

I never heard of Pipa.

I have heard of Wes Palm though, the talking tree.

• marebear_marebear

I went to disney also last week but I didn't find anything until Friday at Epcot. Being obsessed with pins I always went to pin stands but I had never came across anything until Friday. I suppose that vmk did a good job at hiding the things that are still obtainable at WDW/DLR etc.

• Release the Magic in you!

Glad to see you had a nice Trip
    about the VMK Cards. They are retired sorry to say

and about the cards... maybe new staff were there? lol
    VMK was a good memory, won't be forgotten. But just because a games gone does not mean I am

• marebear_marebear

Quote Originally Posted by 4455356 View Post
    Glad to see you had a nice Trip
    about the VMK Cards. They are retired sorry to say

and about the cards... maybe new staff were there? lol
    Acutally even though the back of the card says "Redeemable through September 30, 2007" I tried the code on ... the 11th I believe and the codes still work. I wonder when they will make the cards expire ... I mean a code is a code right?

Who really knows.. All i know is that they are still avalible, i have a card for red space and just tried it like.. now -_- and it works. so idk what VMK is really up to :\
    VMK was a good memory, won't be forgotten. But just because a games gone does not mean I am

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by SportsGuy View Post
    Sorry I made the mistake about PIPA...didn't know about him/her. It was cool to see it move around and talk. It makes me wonder how they did it, because while everyone was looking at the can, I was scanning around the area to see if I could see someone with a remote control and a microphone! Those Imagineers are clever and crafty!
    I'll agree with that one, Pipa's friends are usually some of the best, in my opinion. It took me a while (during the 2nd set) and I knew exactly what I was looking for.

And I made the mistake of calling Pipa Push so I was just putting it out there so that Pipa wouldn't be upset. I too had heard of him, but never met him until a recent visit. Very fun. "Do you know what you just did?!"

smooth Piglet

I agree that pipa's friends are the best to