Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Report Cards D=

• Call Me Larry (:

Re: Report Cards D=

You guys are all lucky. For me.. there are required classes you have to take.

- Some Sort of Math Class
    - Some Sort of Science Class
    - Some Sort of History Class
    - Some Sort of English Class
    - Some Sort of Foreign Language Class

then the rest are like.. electives and such.

And this is just for freshmen year.. so as I progress through highschool.. maybe I might not have to take as much classes. But as of now.. I have alot required.
    *Made By Allie.

• I Miss VMK So Much...

I'm in eighth grade.
    Currently suffering from VMK deceasement disorder, aka. "I Miss VMK."

• I embrace my insanity.

[quote=WDWGirl;2344689]but I have more classes than some of the other high schoolers. quote]

Aww, that really stinks! What I like best is the 4 block schedule, it's so much better than 8 periods! And less homework since there are less classes.

• Minion

Um does that mean you have 4 classes..?

• Disney Dreams

Quote Originally Posted by Piinoy View Post
    You guys are all lucky. For me.. there are required classes you have to take.

- Some Sort of Math Class
    - Some Sort of Science Class
    - Some Sort of History Class
    - Some Sort of English Class
    - Some Sort of Foreign Language Class

then the rest are like.. electives and such.

And this is just for freshmen year.. so as I progress through highschool.. maybe I might not have to take as much classes. But as of now.. I have alot required.
    My freshman schedule is similar - we need a math, science, english, religion, and foreign language class, but not history ( that'll be for sophomore year ). My elective was guitar, so I could hang out ( lol ) and my other class is P.E. Those are my 7 classes, and I have 6 a day - so I always get to miss one.

[quote=dance_is_life;2345518]
    Quote Originally Posted by WDWGirl View Post
    but I have more classes than some of the other high schoolers. quote]

Aww, that really stinks! What I like best is the 4 block schedule, it's so much better than 8 periods! And less homework since there are less classes.
    That sounds alot nicer! We usually don't get much homework anyways, and our lunch schedules rotate around, so the day goes by pretty quickly ( most of the time )

• Release the Magic in you!

Quote Originally Posted by dance_is_life View Post

That sounds alot nicer! We usually don't get much homework anyways, and our lunch schedules rotate around, so the day goes by pretty quickly ( most of the time )
    Thats A Good thinkg
    VMK was a good memory, won't be forgotten. But just because a games gone does not mean I am

• String Theory q:

Ah! My highschool is a school with several small schools! So many with different goals!

Choir: A
    Science: A
    PE: A ( I would have an A-, because I cant do my pushups.. )
    English: A ( Teacher is like obsessed with me because of the school which I went before )
    History: A
    Math: A+ ( I would be in Honors, but I moved and I wasnt able to take the Honors test! )
    Spanish: A

I agree Dance! This year I have block scheduele and it's way easier! Last year I had all 8 periods and it wasnt my favorite year!

Thanks to Mihawk, Piinoy, cyre, Midien, dance, uhm.. and alot of people!

• marebear_marebear

I [technically] didn't get my report card yet...not until Monday. But my parents signed up for this online grade book thing? I have no clue how it works but I can view my interim grades and marking period grades.

History - A+
    Geometry - A+
    English - A-
    Spanish - A-
    Health - A+
    Chorus - A+ <-- all you have to do is show up
    Science - B- <--when I went to disney my teacher didn't tell me that I had to hand in a bunch of stuff until yesterday when he gave it all back! It's also not a good idea to miss a lab day...I still have to make that lab up

• Minion

Not bad everyone! Do you guys get progress reports? I get them when half of the quarter is over.

• marebear_marebear

Quote Originally Posted by iitsxme View Post
    Not bad everyone! Do you guys get progress reports? I get them when half of the quarter is over.
    Interim progress reports. The only thing is on it are comments [Needs Improvement; Shows Improvment etc..] and a letter grade [A B C D E; no plus no minus [and no F] ]

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by marebear0620 View Post
    Interim progress reports. The only thing is on it are comments [Needs Improvement; Shows Improvment etc..] and a letter grade [A B C D E; no plus no minus [and no F] ]
    Yup. We get letter grades like: A to A+ Range, B to B+ Range.. etc. We do get comments too.

I don't get it. How do you get an "A-"? Isn't that just a B+ i guess? My school doesn't give out minuses.

• marebear_marebear

Quote Originally Posted by iitsxme View Post
    Yup. We get letter grades like: A to A+ Range, B to B+ Range.. etc. We do get comments too.

I don't get it. How do you get an "A-"? Isn't that just a B+ i guess? My school doesn't give out minuses.
    I'd assume they are alike - but it all depends on how many points per letter grade [ie: A+ = 98-100+] I dont really remember the exact point values for each letter but an A- and a B+ in my school are only a point or 2 off.

• Ding! Fries are done!

I didn't get my report card yet.

• Disney Dreams

We don't get progress reports anymore, but we have this site called edline where all our grades are posted. So you would be given a password and member name only you would know, and you can look up your grades anytime. I actually like the system, because I always know where I'm at in all of my classes, and if a teacher posts an incorrect grade, I can make sure they put the right one. The teachers actually mess up my grades alot - they've put in 60's when I got 100, and a 78 that should have been a 98. It's pretty messed up. LOL - but I prefer knowing my grades all the time than to be kind of oblivious until 2 weeks before report cards come out.

• marebear_marebear

Same here, only with a different system. It's supposed to show every test and assignment grade you've handed in [ well that's what they tell the parents] but it only shows interim grades and report card grades. Well the interim grades show letters and the report card grades show the percentage. So it's not much better than being blind about grades until the report cards come out because by the time the grades are posted that marking period has ended and you can do nothing about it.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast