View Poll Results: What will the new Yoshi game be like?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • 2 Dimensional Platformer (Ex: New Super Mario Bros)

2 28.57%
  • 3 Dimensional Platformer (Ex: Super Mario Galaxy)

2 28.57%
  • Just a rumor.

3 42.86%

• BATTLE COMBINER!

Yoshwii? [RUMOR]

Yoshi has come back!

Uncomfirmed is a schedule thingamajig for Nintendos Wii Console, and Yoshi was found on there right next to F-Zero.

Will it be Wii Ware? Or a true succeeder? How should we know?

Write about what you think it will be.

Source: GoNintendo (bless their souls)

I think it will return to its roots, with doodle like graphics, and hardcore platforming. What about you?
    Last edited by Inanimate; 11-26-2007 at 03:53 PM.

• Haunted Mansion Holiday

Re: Yoshi Wii? [RUMOR]

Ah good old Rawmeat starting more contrevorsy in the VG world...haha j/k.

Anyways, It'll likely be a WiiWare because usually a big character like Yoshi won't have a BIG new game without Nintendo announcing it before the ESRB posts it.

I'll say that it's gonna be cartoon-y like Yoshi's Island (both the original and 2, which REALLY deserves to be called the sequel to such a game).

• 'splosions

I'm gonna go with a WiiWare title as well...

Yoshi = not a big draw like Mario

• BATTLE COMBINER!

Wii Ware is my bet too, sadly. Console platformers aren't as amazing anymore, and I can't see a Yoshi game in 3-D.

Quote Originally Posted by Inanimate View Post
    Wii Ware is my bet too, sadly. Console platformers aren't as amazing anymore, and I can't see a Yoshi game in 3-D.

lets see, nunchuck controled tongue (ala Metroid Prime 3's Grapple beam)

pointer fired eggs

cell shaded graphics styled to look like crayon and then pull in some control settings from Yoshi as he appeared in Mario Sunshine (with his flutter hover) possibly even rework much of the same engine and well you've got yourself a 3D variation of Yoshi's story

it's probably just an appearance of the old game on VC though

I really am not too interested in another 2D sequal since we already got one fairly recently on the DS and it wasn't as fresh a gameplay concept as it could've been (my cousin is a bigger fan and was also annoyed that they reused alot of sprites from the origional game but then half mixed them with sprites that are in the style of Yoshi's touch and go which makes it look slightly inconsistent)

I'd rather see them try their hand at a 3D sequal or something that changes things up a bit more

• BATTLE COMBINER!

Quote Originally Posted by Jspider View Post
    lets see, nunchuck controled tongue (ala Metroid Prime 3's Grapple beam)

pointer fired eggs

cell shaded graphics styled to look like crayon and then pull in some control settings from Yoshi as he appeared in Mario Sunshine (with his flutter hover) possibly even rework much of the same engine and well you've got yourself a 3D variation of Yoshi's story

it's probably just an appearance of the old game on VC though

I really am not too interested in another 2D sequel since we already got one fairly recently on the DS and it wasn't as fresh a gameplay concept as it could've been (my cousin is a bigger fan and was also annoyed that they reused alot of sprites from the origional game but then half mixed them with sprites that are in the style of Yoshi's touch and go which makes it look slightly inconsistent)

I'd rather see them try their hand at a 3D sequel or something that changes things up a bit more
    Yeah, I was sad about that one too. But, this also isn't Virtual Console schedules, either. Oho!

But if they make it, it better be good quality. No pixelation, all vector art!

Psst, you spelled sequel wrong. I fixed it for you.

This isn't a re-release of the old NES Nintendo game Yoshi is it?

Disney: true inspiration!

• BATTLE COMBINER!

Quote Originally Posted by prince_david View Post
    This isn't a re-release of the old NES Nintendo game Yoshi is it?
    No, it isn't. As I said, it isn't the Virtual Console listings.

And frankly, that game sucked.

Yeah, I was sad about that one too. But, this also isn't Virtual Console schedules, either. Oho!

But if they make it, it better be good quality. No pixelation, all vector art!

Psst, you spelled sequel wrong. I fixed it for you.

it's not VC? wowzers then a bigger question would be what's F-Zero doing on that list from what I hear Nintendo wasn't to happy with the performance of the last game on GC and Miyamoto said he wasn't sure if the series could go any further

I'm not sure what the Wii could add to F-Zero that wasn't already done on the cube, it might be one of the series that will have to wait till Nintendo's next console that has better graphics

if it is Wiiware it could actually be a rerelease though one of the old Yoshi puzzlers with an online mode perhaps? like DR Mario is getting rereleased with online

• BATTLE COMBINER!

Quote Originally Posted by Jspider View Post
    it's not VC? wowzers then a bigger question would be what's F-Zero doing on that list from what I hear Nintendo wasn't to happy with the performance of the last game on GC and Miyamoto said he wasn't sure if the series could go any further

I'm not sure what the Wii could add to F-Zero that wasn't already done on the cube, it might be one of the series that will have to wait till Nintendo's next console that has better graphics

if it is Wiiware it could actually be a rerelease though one of the old Yoshi puzzlers with an online mode perhaps? like DR Mario is getting rereleased with online
    Mm, if Yoshis there, I bet it isn't a puzzle. Especially the one you showed, that was very poor selling.

Mm, if Yoshis there, I bet it isn't a puzzle. Especially the one you showed, that was very poor selling.

perhaps

it's hard to say and who knows what they may try with VC

so far though it looks like Nintendo really wants to push the small games concept I can't see a platformer since that would be DS's grounds so it's anyones guess what the list means I suppose

I would suggest Yoshi's Cookie but I'm not sure how well that game did either and I would think Cookie might be written there

the Fzero being written all over still weirds me out I'd swear that means it's VC release