Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• q:-)

Re: Kids and Clothes - Christmas Gifts? Yes or No?

Quote Originally Posted by WDWGirl View Post
    I have to say, and this may be weird, but I've always HATED getting clothes as a gift. I'm sure it's a great gift, ( not corny at all! ) but I guess it just depends. As others have said, I prefer to be present when buying clothes. My other best option is a gift card to a favorite store. I would definitely suggest that over getting clothes themselves, but if buying clothes themselves is what you prefer, you should definitely keep the tags and receipts just in case.
    Of course, you can never go wrong with an iTunes card ( if the child has an iPod of course! ). I'm such a computer nerd, too. If someone gets me some Rollercoaster Tycoon game ( if I don't already have it ), they're my friend for life. I'm more into computers now than video games, so I'd be better off with a Best Buy gift card or something of that sort.

----So after all that, I say "Go gift cards!"
    I agree with you, Con. Personally, I'm not a big fan of getting clothes as gifts because I have my own style. Gift cards are great because one can choose their own gift(s).
    Sometimes clothes are great to get though -- I guess it just depends on the person.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    I love the information here, gift cards it is then! With a side of Game boy games.

Thanks so much everyone, you have been most helpful!
    My mom has learned through the years more of the things I like and would wear... but it might be best to opt for the gift card for a favorite store or two. That allows the teen to shop (maybe with friends instead of parents) at their favorite store and pick out exactly what they want.

Just be careful to pay attention to when they will expire, if ever.

• Lost in your eyes.

Also, may Isuggest a gift card from Visa or other credit card companies (I only remember Visa because I have one) You go to AAA and put so much money on the card. They can then use it where ever Visa Debit is accepted.
    ***Side Note- If you do this, be sure to read the little paper inside. It can be VERY helpful. ie:: I kept choosing Debit, bc it says "Where Visa DEBIT is accepted" but you have to pick credit.

|siggie:me|not very active on this site:sorry|
    ~ KelseaNicole ~

• Not slow but slowslow

My kids (Oldest is 12) Don't like clothes for Christmas, instead we get them hangers (Inside joke between me and my kids)

So all in all I guess kids under 12 don't like clothes maybe later he'll want clothes
    Thanks Rosie for the signature

• boo.

I would think that they would like clothes. If they like a certian brand of clothing and you don't know their size, the easiest way is to go with a giftcard to that store. Most people if they like the brand, won't care what the clothes are, as long as they are that brand.

^Thankye Con!! ^

• vmk rocks!!

my parents get me clothes but i don't really care for them. but i do wear them

• Call Me Larry (:

[quote=wookiegirl;2370303Most people if they like the brand, won't care what the clothes are, as long as they are that brand.[/quote]

Thats me and quiksilver. :]
    *Made By Allie.

• Haha. Mud is great :] <3

In my opinion, clothes are not corny. Now, if you get clothes that they would look "successfull" in, such as nerdy sweatervests, then that's pushing it too far. I always end up showing my parents online what I want. They print it, bring it to the store, and naturally buy it.

I love clothes for christmas. (SHOES!) But, if it's all clothes, teens may be a bit dissapointed. We all need variety, give them something different. Every year instead of Exchanging gifts with everyone of my causins (that's over 25), We get a basket for each family, pick a theme for the gift basket, and stuff it with candy, and stocking stuffers, and DVD's. Things that the whole family can enjoy. ( I personally hated getting them though) Hehe.
    ----Heather
    vmk name: Heather_Princess

• I am number 4 of 999

My mom bought me clothing ONE Christmas, which I promptly returned and used the money to buy clothing I would actually wear. Although, when I wore it, and people said they liked it, I still said I got it "for Christmas, from my mom".

So I would say yes, but don't try to be too fancy in your decisions. Keep it to t-shirts and jeans. I would not attempt to buy shirts with "sayings" on them.
    It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

• Yes, I have OCD...

I really think it depends on the kid. If you've noticed they enjoy shopping a lot, are interested in fashion or fashion-related things, or enjoy putting outfits together, then the clothes idea would be favorable. However, if your kids are anything like me when I was a youngin', clothes weren't exactly on the top of the list. I always preferred getting things like board games (I was a boring child), books, and artsie sort of stuff.

So, it all depends on the kid! Think about what they enjoy doing in their free time, and think of gift ideas related to that.
    rosesredrosered: Pianist, singer, DLR Annual Passholder, (Former)VMKer.

• q:-)

Quote Originally Posted by rosesredrosered View Post
    I always preferred getting things like board games (I was a boring child), books, and artsie sort of stuff.
    Those are the exact same things I used to love to get (and still want! ) Board games aren't boring

But I agree with the many people who've said it probably depends on the kid.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Well would you believe that just asking her if she wanted clothes gave me all the answers I needed. She said she had plenty of clothes and she didn't need anymore.

Solved that issue LOL She did say that she could use a few more Gameboy games so at least I had the right idea.

Thanks again for all your input, it was greatly appreciated!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12